Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It is hard to see how his tackle is being defended as it wasn't good. It is being defended here which is being countered - hardly a call for a hanging... You do a bad tackle - you get sent off and suspended. Then you move on.

Second is the new first with man city's form so hardly shit ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 03, 2017, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 10:10:18 PM
Player gets sent off and ones are looking for it to be s hanging offence , but desperate tbh! Coming second or fourth is still shit!

What are you talking about? Who's calling for it to be a hanging offends?

Offends?

Ones thinking it's going to be extended, a few sending offs this weekend, though I've heard of only one here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Didn't watch the City game how did young Rice do? I saw on twitter that maybe he was lucky not to get a red card.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on December 03, 2017, 11:24:29 PM
Didn't watch the City game how did young Rice do? I saw on twitter that maybe he was lucky not to get a red card.
Hammers lad? Played really well. Though two dives by the City lads were not mentioned much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 10:43:24 PM
Player gets sent off and ones are looking for it to be s hanging offence , but desperate tbh! Coming second or fourth is still shit!

Offends?

Ones thinking it's going to be extended, a few sending offs this weekend, though I've heard of only one here

Sorry was typing on the phone and misspelt it but I'm sure you caught my drift.

As far as I see every non united fan on here is calling it for what it is, a dangerous challenge...nobody is stating he should be hung. The only mention of the ban being extended was due to the old appeal rule, that means it may be extended if the player is unsuccessful in his bid to have it overturned.

Milltown Row2

It was a red card, I don't see it as anything else. As you put it the non Utd posters are blowing it up far more than that, no talk of the other red card in the premiership or the countless others at the weekend..

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on December 04, 2017, 05:01:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 10:43:24 PM

Offends?

Sorry was typing on the phone and misspelt it but I'm sure you caught my drift.

As far as I see every non united fan on here is calling it for what it is, a dangerous challenge...nobody is stating he should be hung. The only mention of the ban being extended was due to the old appeal rule, that means it may be extended if the player is unsuccessful in his bid to have it overturned.
apparently his ban could be extended due to his sarcastic applauding of the referee after he was shown the red card.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2017, 07:51:18 AM
It was a red card, I don't see it as anything else. As you put it the non Utd posters are blowing it up far more than that, no talk of the other red card in the premiership or the countless others at the weekend..

You still haven't told us who is blowing it up, who wants him hung etc etc?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 04, 2017, 02:16:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2017, 07:51:18 AM

You still haven't told us who is blowing it up, who wants him hung etc etc?

Various soccer forums, also ballon bags on FB

GetOverTheBar

Thoughts on Clattenberg comments re: Chelsea / Spurs?

Syferus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 05, 2017, 03:09:31 PM

I found it incredible a referee would admit to essentially tampering with a game's result because he was concerned with the press reaction. If Spurs had three lads who should have been sent off, send them off. It's that simple.

Norf Tyrone

It cost Chelsea £1.5 million. They should sue the FA.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Didn't see the interview in question (the men in blazers show us a little childish for my taste), but he was interesting on his other NBC Sports appearances recently.

Not sure how I feel on this. I mean, everyone knows that referees have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to dishing out cards. And lots commented on how indisciplined and fortunate Spurs were that night. Yes, the press reaction angle is troubling. But I think it's naive to be surprised.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 05, 2017, 03:34:18 PM

It cost Chelsea £1.5 million. They should sue the FA.

Have to agree - Chelsea have often been on the wrong end of the FA's wrath, often deservedly. But they probably have a right to be outraged here, lest we forget the words of Mourinho in his 2nd stint at Chelsea, "Referees are afraid to give Chelsea decisions". Do you think Clattenberg would have released these comments if someone had of been seriously injured that night? I remember one tackle from Dier on Fabregas was especially nasty.

All this does is fuel paranoia for me, Clattenberg has sank his fellow officials in England.