Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2018, 02:15:33 PM
I'd be happy enough to see Kyle back and it takes balls for both manager and player to ask a player back and for it to happen.
There were rumours around Navan last Sat that McCurry WAS back.

I'm just happy to see Mickey even admit that we're far too short of proper forwards and whilst its too easy to take the "aul man's" attitude of "Ach sure he's no good and neither his he", we need to have some middling forwards to at least bring on from the bench rather than a lorry load of half backs to fit in anywhere.

Its so easy to sit in the crowd and pick holes in players games, especially forwards but I've also saw the same players get a wee boost and suddenly their confidence is sky high. Think of Mugsy before his 2005 wonder goal and how he was then after it. Harry Loughran might have got a tap in but I'd like to see a bit more of him the next day with Brennan and Sparky still out. A FF line of Skeet, Loughran and Richie would certainly allow for a lot more direct ball in which leads to a lot more variation in our tactics which the whole country know now what to expect from us.

From what I believe, Mickey doesn't bother to give these lads a call. That's left up to Gavin Devlin.

Under Lights

I'm lead to believe that it was Mickey that rang Kyle and not Kyle's clubmate.

Baile an tuaigh

What about giving Garret Devlin a chance? Big solid man who can win his own dirty ball and knows where the posts are. Any time I saw him I thought he was County material.

omagh_gael

It would make sense from a tactical point of view as Kyle has a bigger physical presence, however, my from memory he wasn't the best ball winner. If he is called up it tells me that we are going a more direct route and exploring other options which will do no harm at all.

Under Lights

Do you mean Gareth? Good club player. Don't think, personally, he would have had the capabilities of stepping up to that level. He is 29 or so now as well. Not many people brought into county panels at that age. Different for someone like Kyle who has been there before and playing top level club football.

Club boi

If this is Gareth Devlin Stewartstown your talking about, Quality player. Very under rated, wins his own ball, can hit an inside forward with accurate balls, knows were the posts are and if needed has the strength to not let anyone walk over him anyway

God14

If it is true that Kyle has been invited back, I think the injury's to Bradley and Lee Brennan must be worse than has been reported
Coney is an enigmatic player, but he would definitely be on my panel!

Jayop

I'd be delighted if Kyle and McCurry are brought back in. Coney especially had something extra about him and I thought he was the great white hope of Tyrone football only a few years ago.

That said, he tweeted this a few weeks ago and I'd find it hard to believe he'd be brought back in after openly criticising the manaegment.

https://twitter.com/kyleconey1/status/973887672698753024

You can't tell me Darren McCurry isn't one of the 6 best forwards in Tyrone. Hasn't been allowed to express himself as past few seasons. #victimtothesystem

and then...

Without a doubt Kevin. A sad day Someone as talented as that feels the need to walk.

Nothing too outlandish in what he said but still...

GetOverTheBar

McCurry is in America right now - so he'll not be back this year anyway.

Jayop

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 12, 2018, 09:46:59 PM
McCurry is in America right now - so he'll not be back this year anyway.

Ah right I was just mentioning him after what Fuzzman was saying about rumours on Saturday, didn't know he went stateside.

Who did he sign for?

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Club boi on June 12, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
If this is Gareth Devlin Stewartstown your talking about, Quality player. Very under rated, wins his own ball, can hit an inside forward with accurate balls, knows were the posts are and if needed has the strength to not let anyone walk over him anyway
The very boy has it all the complete player. I seen him score points like Stephen ONeill out beside the corner flag. He was marking good men too. Seriously strong and fit as fiddle.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 12, 2018, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: Club boi on June 12, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
The very boy has it all the complete player. I seen him score points like Stephen ONeill out beside the corner flag. He was marking good men too. Seriously strong and fit as fiddle.
Not sure about the fit as a fiddle. Rony oneill get slated here about his fitness but it would a long way ahead of Gareth Devlin at present. Good player but not anywhere near consideration for a county team.

Dire Ear

Under Lights

Dan Lowe from the same club might be worth a look in next year or two