Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Think both Parties were wrong to an extent, the Palestinian/Isrealy conflict isn't going to be fixed on a Saturday evening in Navan. Sport and Politics don't mix well. If he was there to get behind his county and wanted to fly his flag there would be no shortage of them outside the ground.

At the same time there was no need for the heavy handed approach from the guards. The man also has a freedom of expression and wasn't promoting any hatred or illegal organisations
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

i have one simple point to make. If ronan o neill was as stubborn as mickey harte we would be our now.  To all you non believers ...

class is permanent.

Intelligence and vision are fairly important tools for a forward

Jim Bob

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 10, 2018, 12:35:12 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 10, 2018, 12:08:46 AM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 10, 2018, 12:01:36 AM
The question is why did the Tyrone fans let the guards away with it?

What should they have done? They were there to watch a match not get themselves arrested for interfering with a Garda in the course of his duty.

I would process that much different than you. So the fan done nothing wrong accept being guilty of holding a Palestinian flag. That should be none of the Guards business.

But you asked why the Tyrone fans let the Guards away with it !!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 09, 2018, 09:15:03 PM
Does Tyrone stick with  Richy Donelly at 14 in R2 and further should Tyrone progress? Personally I think not. He may be the one sacrificed should Brennan and Bradley return from injury
And people slate Mickey for it giving players a second chance!
Rickey did not impress but he must have shown something in training. I would try again.

Oghams Law

Quote from: In hiding on June 10, 2018, 03:02:18 AM
i have one simple point to make. If ronan o neill was as stubborn as mickey harte we would be our now.  To all you non believers ...

class is permanent.

Intelligence and vision are fairly important tools for a forward

So are speed, fitness, strength and workrate...

Redhand Santa

Some crap talked on here with boys announcing Ronan O'Neill had left. He showed composure for the goal which others lacked. I don't think he has the fitness and athleticism to start but a good man to bring on in these kind of games.

I actually thought Richard Donnelly did ok in the first half last night. Won three or four balls kicked in acting as a decent target. I'd like to see more from Mattie though. 11 is also an important position in the team and I'm not sure Sludden has done enough from there in recent games.

I've a feeling an another player or two will be added to the squad in the coming days. Possibly a bit of experience at the level and you'd think he might look at an u20 or two. Donaghy took some great scores for them. Big Kennedy could be worth a look too, though he went off injured.

Archie53

Our tackling was very poor yesterday how many times where we blown for tackling over the shoulder. Can we not stop man first then tackle we just seem to dive into it and v easy passed by then. Just another critic but we don't seem to be talking enough in defence either.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 07:30:01 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 06:48:15 PM
Think Tyrone will be boyant after that late equaliser with spirits lifted and Meath maybe thinking they missed the boat. Although I expected Tyrone to push on 2nd half. Still optimistic that we have more in the tank.

A prediction that went the right way. That's the test we needed. Got through the game look forward to the next challenge. Battle hardened will leave us in a positive place. No time for negativity, we need to unite and push on.

What fuckin bubble are you living in ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pathetic from Tyrone. If they had any backbone they would not have been playing Meath
Worst team to represent the county in a very long time.  The ref is who you should be thanking.

GetOverTheBar

Didn't post on the game yesturday as I was trying to think it over really.

Postives - Tyrone won, Ritchie Donnelly done rightly - without being superb. Ronan O'Neill answered his critics the best way possible and I thought that McShane stepped up, obviously when it really mattered. Paudie McNulty done well too, I thought it was harsh to take him off actually and I wouldn't have been too positive about him prior. Tyrone also kicked the ball plenty, showing a willingness to get it forward for once. This game will have done Tyrone no harm, they got the fright of their lives yesturday and to be honest - probably should be out of the AI Series with important players now to return. Didn't get punished ultimately by some dreadful finishing - Matty Donnellly missed one towards the end that had me thinking to myself this team is out.

Negatives - Are Tyrone running on empty already? Is Colm Cavanagh unfit or is he finished? I think it's a fair question - he's beginning to be targeted. Meath showed Tyrone absolutely no respect whatsoever (suppose why should they) - teams know we are there to be dumped out - we need another favourable draw next round-I think it would be better to avoid Monaghan/Tipp and losers of Down/Donegal. Discipline/Tackling as mentioned prior was brutal. Thought Meath were tactically better - bringing on the speedsters at the end of the game (normal time) should have had us out and I'd say the ref maybe helped Tyrone over the line.

Still think Tyrone will get to the Super 8's, but that's all she rode for the county unless they stumble across the formula over the next few games.

Norf Tyrone

I thought Richie Donnelly was decent. The fella was playing out of position and took 3 or 4 balls in the air that other seasoned forwards would've missed.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone95

Carlow   V   Tyrone
Cavan   V   Down
Sligo           V   Armagh
Waterford   V   Monaghan
Tipperary   V   Mayo
Kildare   V   Longford
Offaly   V   Clare
Leitrim   V   Louth

Whats the verdict on the draw.  Based on saturday nothing can be taken for granted but it could have been a lot worse.  Fixtures to be played weekend of June 23/24. 

WT4E

Is Mattie D just another overrated footballer? (I've heard from people before and I use to argue with them but now I'm starting to think they are right)?

Tyrone should have been knocked out by a team Longford beat and I think Mickey Harte owes Cathal McShane a very large drink for saving his job - surely he wouldn't have survived if Tyrone had of been beat.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 11, 2018, 09:15:56 AM
Carlow   V   Tyrone
Cavan   V   Down
Sligo           V   Armagh
Waterford   V   Monaghan
Tipperary   V   Mayo
Kildare   V   Longford
Offaly   V   Clare
Leitrim   V   Louth

Whats the verdict on the draw.  Based on saturday nothing can be taken for granted but it could have been a lot worse.  Fixtures to be played weekend of June 23/24.

Not being funny, but Carlow will be relishing this. Tyrone need to up their game so much - Carlow will be licking their lips at chance of taking what would be a major, major scalp.

Localexpert

Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2018, 09:33:17 AM
Is Mattie D just another overrated footballer? (I've heard from people before and I use to argue with them but now I'm starting to think they are right)?

Tyrone should have been knocked out by a team Longford beat and I think Mickey Harte owes Cathal McShane a very large drink for saving his job - surely he wouldn't have survived if Tyrone had of been beat.

If Mattie Donnelly wins one more all star he will equal the best all star return for a Tyrone player without an all Ireland medal.  If he retired right now would he be regarded as one of tyrones greats?  I would say no but strange considering he has 2 all stars.

outsideoftheboot

Didn't tyrone play Carlow in a challenge game at the beginning of the year and were beat?