Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

I would say probably not showing a full hand. That's my guess anyway.

Tyrone Gaa

I don't really see the point of this team naming. That won't be the 15 that take to the field. The Thursday night team creates a bit of a media circus. Actually like the look of the side but very much doubt it will be the 15. Hope Burns is kept at no.6
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 17, 2018, 10:31:45 PM
I don't really see the point of this team naming. That won't be the 15 that take to the field. The Thursday night team creates a bit of a media circus. Actually like the look of the side but very much doubt it will be the 15. Hope Burns is kept at no.6

Is Mc Namee not injured ?

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 17, 2018, 10:00:43 PM
meyler at 12? mc shane at 10? mc namee back at 3? mattie at midfield again? we finished the league well so why start moving players around again?

Half a brain and you'd know numbers mean nothing. I'm happy with that team to be honest. Meyler and Harte will most likely interchange. As will Donnelly and McShane. Mickey making it clear that Hampsey will pick up McManus and I think he's the best man for the job.

Really disappointed with Sean, cynical opportunistic timing and almost as if he's cosying up to his new employers by proving he's not in Mickeys pocket. Too late Sean. I hope he enjoys his bag of silver.
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 18, 2018, 07:05:51 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 17, 2018, 10:00:43 PM
meyler at 12? mc shane at 10? mc namee back at 3? mattie at midfield again? we finished the league well so why start moving players around again?

Half a brain and you'd know numbers mean nothing. I'm happy with that team to be honest. Meyler and Harte will most likely interchange. As will Donnelly and McShane. Mickey making it clear that Hampsey will pick up McManus and I think he's the best man for the job.

Really disappointed with Sean, cynical opportunistic timing and almost as if he's cosying up to his new employers by proving he's not in Mickeys pocket. Too late Sean. I hope he enjoys his bag of silver.

Hes working as a pundit now and fair play to him for not sitting on the fence. To make it as a pundit he needs to honest and forthright in his opinions. He gave a very interesting insight into the tyrone dictatorship management.

redhandofgod

McNamee playing all his club football at midfield tho, now he's back at 3, big difference having to mark a decent forward which he isn't capable of. Would have though HP McGeary ahead of McCarron at this stage.

southtyronegael

Mc Carron is actually ideal to mark jack mc Carron who is physical but not the quickest. Hampsey should mark mc manus.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2018, 08:42:35 AM
Mc Carron is actually ideal to mark jack mc Carron who is physical but not the quickest. Hampsey should mark mc manus.

Agree, C McCarron should be well suited for J McCarron, C McCarron has always got roasted by McManus. Can only see Hampsey on McManus!
Be interested to see how much the team changes as Harte never names the correct team on a Thursday, personally I dont think all 3 of T McCann, Colly and Lee will start, thats 3 men coming back from injury! Wudnt be surprised if Lee starts on the bench and be brought on if needed!

LeoMc

Quote from: redhandofgod on May 18, 2018, 08:22:00 AM
McNamee playing all his club football at midfield tho, now he's back at 3, big difference having to mark a decent forward which he isn't capable of. Would have though HP McGeary ahead of McCarron at this stage.
Do Monaghan keep 3 inside or in McNamee likely to end up round the middle?

Hope he does start with the named full forward line as it a while from we have  had a couple of scoring forwards on the team.

Harte & Meyler will interchange as HB is where Meyler played his best football and Mickey likes to name Petey at HB (more freedom! less likely to be man marked!).

T McCann on the field to give Monaghan the distraction of a pantomime villain

longballin

So in Gervaghey chat show last night Noel McGinn gave Sean Cavanagh a touch about speaking out AFTER he left the panel rather than having the balls as captain to speak up and Sean reminded Noel of what happened when he spoke up on radio. Of course Harte had left by that stage  :D

redzone

Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 10:29:13 AM
So in Gervaghey chat show last night Noel McGinn gave Sean Cavanagh a touch about speaking out AFTER he left the panel rather than having the balls as captain to speak up and Sean reminded Noel of what happened when he spoke up on radio. Of course Harte had left by that stage  :D

You should have took the mic,let Harte have it with both barrels. Did they say why the draw wasn't made

longballin

Quote from: redzone on May 18, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

You should have took the mic,let Harte have it with both barrels. Did they say why the draw wasn't made

Just said will be in three weeks... wouldn't have been safe to criticise Harte in the surroundings of the Gervaghy cult

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 11:30:56 AM

Just said will be in three weeks... wouldn't have been safe to criticise Harte in the surroundings of the Gervaghy cult

In other words you are another Yes man!!! :o

longballin

Quote from: LeoMc on May 18, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 11:30:56 AM

In other words you are another Yes man!!! :o

Not really - I wouldnt attend such self indulgent nonsense!  :P

Fuzzman

I wonder what Harte thinks of Sean now?
I know Sean's dad never liked Mickey since he told him he shouldn't go to Aus.

Noel can be some craic but has to keep a tight rein on what he's allowed to ask I believe.