Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Quote from: bigtogs on February 18, 2018, 01:47:15 PM
How long is Ronan O'Neill been on the county panel?
Too long. Father must be a big Club Tyrone contributor

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bogball88 on February 19, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

I watch a fair bit of club football and Ronan O'Neill stands out as a quality player.  I'm not sure who isn't part of the panel out there that's better that will improve Tyrone.  Its very lazy to attack a player without making suggestions who he can be replaced with or the better option.  Admittedly he hasn't shone on the county stage and when he has he lacks consistency. Ronan probably needs to address his conditioning if he wants to be at the top level, the level he promised as a minor.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 19, 2018, 11:43:52 AM

I watch a fair bit of club football and Ronan O'Neill stands out as a quality player.  I'm not sure who isn't part of the panel out there that's better that will improve Tyrone.  Its very lazy to attack a player without making suggestions who he can be replaced with or the better option.  Admittedly he hasn't shone on the county stage and when he has he lacks consistency. Ronan probably needs to address his conditioning if he wants to be at the top level, the level he promised as a minor.

Ronan O'Neill has been on the panel since 2012. Admittedly he missed the majority of that year after his cruciate injury but it has still been a long time and I'm not sure you could say he is a better player now than he was back then.

Agree that he is still worth a place on the panel but it was striking that during the county championship last year he wasn't Omagh's main forward and the opposition were putting their best marker on Conor O'Donnell.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 19, 2018, 11:43:52 AM

Is it just me our has he an awful size of a gut on him. Surely as a inter county footballer with one of the top 4 teams that has to be addressed!

trailer

Watched the game on Saturday evening. It appears that we just have a lot of ordinary footballers. Club-type players that stand out now and again, but at county level they're just ordinary.

Dire Ear

Robots..........trained to be robots

southtyronegael

Ronan o Neill was a star ai winning minor and has 2 o Neill cups for his club and mickey still cant make a county footballer out of him. Says more about the type of coach Harte is than blaming Ronan.

TyroneOnlooker

Yawn.....the anti-harte posts really do get boring.

bigtogs

I am not taking a pop at Ronan O'Neill he obviously struggles with his condition..... but what i do find hard to believe after 5/6 years on a county panel he continually seems very rarely in the correct condition to play at this level.....

Degrassi Hi

You can say what you want about Ronan O'Neill but he has scored some vital goals in his career for both club and county.  Conditioning wise he was probably in better nick last year but its early days as far as championship is concerned. O'Neill still possesses a ruthless streak in front of goal when the opportunity presents itself.

Could any of the contributors to this site name a player or players playing club football in Tyrone that are capable of making the grade on this present County squad.  I can only think of one - Johnny Munroe (who opted out for personal Carmen reasons).

southtyronegael

Conan grugan, omagh. Shea mc guigan Ardboe

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 19, 2018, 03:10:15 PM
Conan grugan, omagh. Shea mc guigan Ardboe

Connor O'Donnell was the best player by a distance in the Tyrone Club Championship last year and would have been worth a go this season I reckon.

However by and large we have the best players in Tyrone on the panel and while the lads that have been mentioned are definitely as good as some current panel members, none of them would be certain starters or make too much of an impact in my opinion.

trailer

We've a few real class acts Niall Sludden, Colm Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly. But after that we have just ordinary footballers who could be interchanged without noticing any difference in the team. If we've designs on winning anything this year you'd want 10+ of the other squad members upping their performance levels significantly.
Dunno if Harte is the problem or not. Perhaps he's getting the best out of what he has at his disposal.

toby47

Slightly off topic and random but I was having a discussion with two Tyrone men in work today.

Who would you say is the best 3 footballers currently on the Tyrone panel?

I went for 1) Colm Cavanagh 2) Peter Harte and 3) Niall Sludden

I was surprised none of the other two had Peter Harte in their top 3.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 14, 2018, 03:54:00 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 14, 2018, 03:31:39 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 14, 2018, 03:20:25 PM
Heard mc namee and mark Bradley have fell out of favour with mickey. Both caught boozing after one of the Wednesday sigerson games.

Caught? I know Sparky looks young but he's of age. Was Mickey hiding in the bushes/back of the Hatfield or something? Is it a team of monks he wants? Lord help them, training ground fodder 2018 if you get on the wrong side of the Godly one.

Wouldn't be hard to catch, its all over the different forms of social media some of the house parties being held after UUJ victories.  I say fair play to the lads, there students enjoy these days, savour the victories.  If you cant enjoy the big victories why play football?

Here here!!