Iron Maiden at the O2

Started by gerrykeegan, April 14, 2010, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Anyone heading to this one. Just got two tickets this morning. AZ I assume you are going?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ross4life

Got Two Tickets also it's going to be a rocking summer with download 2010 in Donington & these  ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 14, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
Anyone heading to this one. Just got two tickets this morning. AZ I assume you are going?

Love to but I doubt it :D I haven't been to a concert since I saw Tommy Fleming with the missus in UL :)

gerrykeegan

Seem to remember at some point you mentioned them in your musical taste.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thejuice

You forgot to mention that Heaven & Hell (aka Dio era Black Sabbath) are opening for them. Its going to be a quality gig. Did you lads get your tickets through the O2 code thing. I understand general release is this firday. Fingers crossed I can pick some up then.

Really hope I get a ticket, however be warned, since last tour Maiden did a mid-80's set. With a new album on the way it might be the case that the set will consist of mostly new songs, as they have done this before when the last few albums came out since Dickenson rejoined.

On another note, there is a liklihood that Heaven & Hell may have to pull out of this as Ronnie J Dio the legend that he is, is currently under going chemotherapy for stomach cancer. Now they have announced these dates after he had been diagnosed so he must be confident that he will recover in time. Again, Fingers crossed.

Get well soon little big man!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Also Ross4life, I'll be hopefully heading to Donnington on the friday to catch AC/DC.  ;D
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 14, 2010, 02:32:08 PM
Seem to remember at some point you mentioned them in your musical taste.

Oh I did. I have a pile of their albums and The number of the Beast is my favourite. But I have eclectic (some would say shite) musical taste anyhow.

Basically it's concerts I can't stand. :D

ross4life

ahh man you gotta do the three days in Donnington  8)

yeah hope heaven & hell make it (Dio get well soon)

here's Maiden last Setlist (new Album may change this?)

# Aces High
# Wrathchild
# 2 Minutes to Midnight
# Children Of The Damned
# Phantom Of The Opera
# The Trooper
# Wasted Years
# Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
# Powerslave
# Run to the Hills
# Fear Of The Dark
# Hallowed Be Thy Name
# Iron Maiden

# Encore:
# The Number of the Beast
# The Evil That Men Do
# Sanctuary

& yep tickets went on sale to 02 members this morning at 9am & were all gone by 907
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J OGorman

eiled in the bushes

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 14, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
saw them a couple of years ago,one of the best live bands ever.nothing beats "fear of the dark" with thousands singing along.not be able to see them this year but going to metallica next month,another awesome live act.if a band cant play live their not worth a f**k.
get some metal in your life

The Gs Man

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2010, 02:29:52 PM

Love to but I doubt it :D I haven't been to a concert since I saw Tommy Fleming with the missus in UL :)

What was Tommy Fleming doing with your missus?
Keep 'er lit

thejuice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBtLMLQfiRo - Hallowed Be Thy Name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoiHX9azZeQ&feature=related - Fear of the Dark

2 reasons if your thinking about going to this and you can get a ticket and also 2 reasons why they are one of the best bands live. Would love to see them in South America some time

thejuice

f**k it,

one more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ToNJHgp-w - Run To The Hills (Rock In Rio)

really hope I get a ticket for this.

ross4life

good stuff thejuice ;) those are off the great Flight 666 behind the scenes film they did

thejuice

Suppose it was inevitable but Heaven and Hell have pulled all their scheduled tour dates due to the continued poor health of singer Ronnie James Dio. I think they were a tad optimistic to book a full schedule of tour dates while their singer was still getting treatment for stomach cancer.

Anyway hope he gets better soon.

Anyone going to KISS in the O2 on friday? I have a ticket for them tomorrow night but have shit loads of coursework to get done. But I've heard they have a extra-special stage show with them........and its KISS..........and this might actually really be their farewell tour.