The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2018, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 15, 2018, 02:08:43 PM
What odds were Ireland before they played Wales in 09?

Am i right to assume there's more expectancy on here to beat England then their was a few ago?

Duno, England are still England and still a team that hasn't been beaten at home under Jones.

Just me or do I find it hard to believe this team will lose three straight?

They're playing the best team in Europe so it's pretty believable to me.

Hardy

Am i right to assume there's more expectancy on here to beat England then their was a few ago?

Duno, England are still England and still a team that hasn't been beaten at home under Jones.

No. 17 coming up in Lotto last 2 weeks has no bearing on its likelihood of occurring this week.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 02:32:02 PM

Well, anyone can win when it's the best team in Europe v the second best team in Europe. No matter what way you flip it.

Unless you are about to argue the 'toothless Welsh' (who are 2nd in the six nations) are now better than England. Up to you really.

Syferus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2018, 03:47:53 PM

Well, anyone can win when it's the best team in Europe v the second best team in Europe. No matter what way you flip it.

Unless you are about to argue the 'toothless Welsh' (who are 2nd in the six nations) are now better than England. Up to you really.

Wales were very toothless against England and we had them in the bag for most of our match too. It's disappointing that you missed those things.

England may well end up the fifth best team in Europe so I wouldn't be so quick to label this 1 v 2.

Walter Cronc

5th best team in Europe. Wise up Syf!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2018, 03:47:53 PM

Wales were very toothless against England and we had them in the bag for most of our match too. It's disappointing that you missed those things.

England may well end up the fifth best team in Europe so I wouldn't be so quick to label this 1 v 2.

Yet some might say a TMO decision cost them a try and win v England.

And if Anscombe hadn't of tossed that suicide pass when Wales had 3 men over v Ireland?

Wouldn't be so quick to write teams off, especially in the six nations. England will be fully up for this one, their team picked suggests they are going to war with Ireland. They'll be hurting after the past two games and history shows they struggle badly after Lions tours so I'd cut them a slight..slight bit of slack.They'll love nothing more than to ruin the party.

They've lost two straight, doesn't mean they are a bad team after winning something like 25 in 26. Seemed completely implausible they'd be on cusp of potentially losing three straight just over a month ago.

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 15, 2018, 04:11:36 PM

They literally could be after Saturday.

Walter Cronc

I'm going with GOTB's post!

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 04:17:47 PM

The Daily Telegraph also brought up 5th if they lose and other results go against them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2018, 04:39:48 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 04:17:47 PM

The Daily Telegraph also brought up 5th if they lose and other results go against them.

Aye I know they could but that doesn't make them the 5th best side in Europe in my opinion!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 15, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 15, 2018, 09:03:08 AM
Matt Williams was on Second Captains and said the fact that one of the assistant refs for Saturday took part in an English training session was "unheard of". World Rugby are apparently very annoyed about it and investigating the matter.

Sure just drop him so if they are very annoyed.

World Rugby have

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/15/world-rugby-oversight-match-official-england-training?CMP=share_btn_tw

Asal Mor

Didn't realise they had actually given it the go-ahead in the first place.

Walter Cronc

Gmac

The one worry I have about Ireland is if we do not have same territory and possession as we have in last few games can we get enough scores to win don't know if we can strike from deep