Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 14, 2019, 11:36:33 AM
I'm not usually one to complain but this is a slap in the face for clubs again. To call off senior club matches because kids (who are ineligable to play senior football anyway) have a match is ridiculous. So we potentially have a summer in front of us that means adult footballers can't play when Tyrone seniors have a match but they also have to play second fiddle to kids, I repeat, who are ineligable anyway. Whats next? Tyrone U16 development squad have a match so ACL league matches have to move?

They're not just 'kids'. They're representing our County in the Ulster Championship. Having gone undefeated all season until last Saturday the least we could do is give them the respect they deserve.

Get over yourself.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: GlenMan on May 14, 2019, 12:03:08 PM
I'm not usually one to complain but this is a slap in the face for clubs again. To call off senior club matches because kids (who are ineligable to play senior football anyway) have a match is ridiculous. So we potentially have a summer in front of us that means adult footballers can't play when Tyrone seniors have a match but they also have to play second fiddle to kids, I repeat, who are ineligable anyway. Whats next? Tyrone U16 development squad have a match so ACL league matches have to move?

They're not just 'kids'. They're representing our County in the Ulster Championship. Having gone undefeated all season until last Saturday the least we could do is give them the respect they deserve.

Get over yourself.

I'm sorry to tell you but they are just 'kids'. Our county is represented by a lot of age groups in Ulster Championships, should we just put everything on hold until they play as well? No one wants them to win more than me but to hold up games for approx 1000 adult players is quite frankly, ridiculous. If you can't see this and feel the need for me to 'get over myself' then there isn't much more I can say to you. I will ask you one question though, should U17's continue to play on alternate weeks from Tyrone seniors should the ACL be shifted about all summer to accommodate U17 players who aren't allowed to play in the senior matches anyway?

Maor Uisce

Could well have been complaints if the day had been changed. IMO the county board chose the worst option, showing the least amount of respect to clubs and club players.

GlenMan

Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 14, 2019, 12:19:13 PM

Get over yourself.

I'm sorry to tell you but they are just 'kids'. Our county is represented by a lot of age groups in Ulster Championships, should we just put everything on hold until they play as well? No one wants them to win more than me but to hold up games for approx 1000 adult players is quite frankly, ridiculous. If you can't see this and feel the need for me to 'get over myself' then there isn't much more I can say to you. I will ask you one question though, should U17's continue to play on alternate weeks from Tyrone seniors should the ACL be shifted about all summer to accommodate U17 players who aren't allowed to play in the senior matches anyway?

Yes

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GlenMan on May 14, 2019, 12:20:51 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 14, 2019, 12:19:13 PM

Get over yourself.

Yes

How to ruin your credibility in one post.

Obviously you are in some way linked to the u17s. Fair play to you if your a player and good luck on Sunday but what you are asking for is absolute nonsense.

The Bearded One

They should have let the fixtures remain as normal with a correspondence to clubs saying that where there was strong objection to playing at the same time as u17s then the county board would facilitate a move to Saturday evening or Sunday evening, pending agreement from both clubs.
It is what it is. Presumably.

square_ball

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 14, 2019, 01:06:10 PM
They should have let the fixtures remain as normal with a correspondence to clubs saying that where there was strong objection to playing at the same time as u17s then the county board would facilitate a move to Saturday evening or Sunday evening, pending agreement from both clubs.

Agree with that. These league fixtures were set weeks back whilst this minor fixture was only sprung on Sunday/Monday. Accommodating attendance at a minor fixture shouldn't take precedent over hundreds of club players.

bigtogs

Quote from: square_ball on May 14, 2019, 01:43:12 PM

Agree with that. These league fixtures were set weeks back whilst this minor fixture was only sprung on Sunday/Monday. Accommodating attendance at a minor fixture shouldn't take precedent over hundreds of club players.

Minor fixture was not just sprung,the fixture makers where well aware if Minors where defeated they would enter a back door system the next weekend...... But they fixed Under 21 and Minor this week anyway....in my eyes it was pure arrogance, then had to go back and cancel them it just looks so silly that they have done that.... i have a small bit of sympathy for Senior fixture.....

square_ball

Quote from: bigtogs on May 14, 2019, 02:16:18 PM

Minor fixture was not just sprung,the fixture makers where well aware if Minors where defeated they would enter a back door system the next weekend...... But they fixed Under 21 and Minor this week anyway....in my eyes it was pure arrogance, then had to go back and cancel them it just looks so silly that they have done that.... i have a small bit of sympathy for Senior fixture.....

So was there correspondence to clubs that this problem may arise this weekend?

Out of interest what was the attendance like at Carrickmore on Saturday evening?

SG08

Quote from: square_ball on May 14, 2019, 02:34:17 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 14, 2019, 02:16:18 PM

So was there correspondence to clubs that this problem may arise this weekend?

Out of interest what was the attendance like at Carrickmore on Saturday evening?

Not good at all. Was very surprised at how small the crowd was

omagh_gael

Quote from: bogball88 on May 14, 2019, 11:03:52 AM
If 2 clubs are in agreement can fixtures be moved back to the original timings?

Just checked the fixtures page on the Tyrone website and Kildress v Rock is now throwing in at 5pm. So a compromise/change is possible.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 14, 2019, 06:19:36 PM

Just checked the fixtures page on the Tyrone website and Kildress v Rock is now throwing in at 5pm. So a compromise/change is possible.

That's so they can clear the field fight up before the sun goes down presumably.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 14, 2019, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 14, 2019, 06:19:36 PM

That's so they can clear the field fight up before the sun goes down presumably.
I would imagine you will see a lot of the games being changed to Saturday or earlier on the sunday. Ridiculous time for some teams who have to travel long distances.

Club boi

Quote from: Maor Uisce on May 14, 2019, 12:20:36 PM
Could well have been complaints if the day had been changed. IMO the county board chose the worst option, showing the least amount of respect to clubs and club players.

This is the big problem, the arrogance of the County board to show the Club player what they think of them. Its not as if they have ye know, lives or anything, families, work plans or anything of value to be doing on a Sunday evening wind down

GaaFanatic123

Who are the minors even playing this weekend??
Didnt realise games where changed to Sunday evening because of them, bullshit to be honest!! Not the minors fault but the 100% the County boards and the County board has now convinced me not to support them now and to be honest I hope they are bate to stop this from happening again!