Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 09, 2020, 09:43:56 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 08, 2020, 01:41:06 AM
Are United back again?? It keeps changing every week hard to keep up!

People are so reactionary. Fact is the side is decent and improving in several ways but wildly inconsistent. A bit like the teams I grew up watching in the mid 80's. Which isn't good enough to be honest. I'm not convinced sacking Ole and bringing in Pochettino is the answer. He has never won a trophy as a manger and in fact threw away a league to Leicester. Lots of people see him as the panacea for all ills but I wonder....Managing United is not like managing Spurs or Southampton.

Good to see Ole getting a bit thick after the game. No harm.....good to see the bit of fire from him. Yes I know all teams seem to get fcuked over with fixture arrangements by times, not just United, but it shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in other European countries and it's especially crazy in the current circumstances where supporters don't have to be catered for. Despite everything United are actually in a better position in the league than this time last year. Need to string a few wins together though.

These things aren't really reconcilable. Improvement isn't really improvement without consistency.

All the top sides in the league have enough money and enough good players to pull off the occasional result. But it's only those that are consistent over the season that compete for titles.

Performances would be more reliable by this stage if Solskjaer were the right man for the job. But they're not, and he's not.

Pochettino mightn't be the answer either (maybe no one is under the current ownership), but time has long since passed that something new is tried.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Bord na Mona man

I'm happy for Ole that he got the win as there were a chance the players could have shafted him by rolling over.
It buys him a bit more time at least. He is like a wobbling vase at the moment. You can hear it rocking unsteadily on the shelf and you're wondering if it is about to fall or will find a state of equilibrium again.

Interestingly Spurs have hit the top of the table under Jose. It starts to raise more queries about Poch's final year there and why they fell away so badly. I had assumed their squad had run out of rope and needed a big overhaul.

nrico2006

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 09, 2020, 10:42:43 PM
I'm happy for Ole that he got the win as there were a chance the players could have shafted him by rolling over.
It buys him a bit more time at least. He is like a wobbling vase at the moment. You can hear it rocking unsteadily on the shelf and you're wondering if it is about to fall or will find a state of equilibrium again.

Interestingly Spurs have hit the top of the table under Jose. It starts to raise more queries about Poch's final year there and why they fell away so badly. I had assumed their squad had run out of rope and needed a big overhaul.

Spurs have had a handy start if you look at it, they have some run of games coming up now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 09, 2020, 09:43:56 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 08, 2020, 01:41:06 AM
Are United back again?? It keeps changing every week hard to keep up!

People are so reactionary. Fact is the side is decent and improving in several ways but wildly inconsistent. A bit like the teams I grew up watching in the mid 80's. Which isn't good enough to be honest. I'm not convinced sacking Ole and bringing in Pochettino is the answer. He has never won a trophy as a manger and in fact threw away a league to Leicester. Lots of people see him as the panacea for all ills but I wonder....Managing United is not like managing Spurs or Southampton.

Good to see Ole getting a bit thick after the game. No harm.....good to see the bit of fire from him. Yes I know all teams seem to get fcuked over with fixture arrangements by times, not just United, but it shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in other European countries and it's especially crazy in the current circumstances where supporters don't have to be catered for. Despite everything United are actually in a better position in the league than this time last year. Need to string a few wins together though.

How did they throw away the league to Leicester? That's a bit of a myth doing the rounds about Poch that season. Leicester lost 1 of their last 20 matches. Spurs were never really in that title nor come close to throwing it away.

GJL

Lucky to the 3 points tonight given the penalty decisions. Although Utd did have plenty of changes to be ahead prior to that. Bruno is priceless at the minute. Involved in everything good that Utd do.

magpie seanie

I assume Pep Guardiola should be sacked?

snoopdog

Goals are a serious problem for utd. Martial isnt clinical enough. Rashford either but he isnt playing a central striker role.  While  Sam Johnstone did make some good stops rasher and martial made them easier stops than a more clinical finisher would have. With the ? hanging over greenwood and the alleged charges against him surely Cavani should be looked at from the start. And although Mata won the penalty van de beek must start ahead of him. Pogba no loss.

BennyCake

Quote from: snoopdog on November 22, 2020, 09:50:06 AM
Goals are a serious problem for utd. Martial isnt clinical enough. Rashford either but he isnt playing a central striker role.  While  Sam Johnstone did make some good stops rasher and martial made them easier stops than a more clinical finisher would have. With the ? hanging over greenwood and the alleged charges against him surely Cavani should be looked at from the start. And although Mata won the penalty van de beek must start ahead of him. Pogba no loss.

Martial is a 5-0 type of player. Rarely produces when it's 0-0 or when his side are trailing. I'm fed up with his lazy ass style and mediocrity.

Rashford needs a Cantona-type partner. He's basically been burdened with the goalscoring since 18 and he needs a mature, experienced link man. Kane is probably the nearest to that in the PL.

Pogba needs to go ASAP.

Boycey

Rashford is equally inconsistent and as prone to mediocrity as Martial. One needs help the other needs getting rid of, stange. 

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 21, 2020, 11:26:21 PM

Why do you assume he should be sacked?

screenexile

Quote from: gawa316 on November 22, 2020, 04:40:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 21, 2020, 11:26:21 PM

Why do you assume he should be sacked?

Because City are behind Utd in the league??

Dar31

Id say pogba is poison in that dressing room and utd definitely need a harry kane type player . United were very sliggish in midfield and we definitely need to up the tempo

Milltown Row2

Zlatan  scoring two tonight for AC?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dar31

He is zlatan he does what he wants some pro though in all fairness and still going

From the Bunker

Zlatan is as strong as a horse and has a great brain. Italian football is not what it was in the '90's so he can still knock a living there. To give you an idea of the standard of player AC Milan hire - Fabio Borini was signed from Sunderland in 2017.