China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: doodaa on November 26, 2021, 10:42:23 AM
Interesting to hear why Poland and Slovakia appear to have "low" deaths in comparison to the vaccination programme?
Have they a better than normal healthcare system, spread out population etc that limits the effect of the virus?
2 week lockdown in Slovakia.
Heard an unconfirmed rumour that a large proportion of unvaccinated ICU people in the 26 are East Europeans?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Interesting to hear why Poland and Slovakia appear to have "low" deaths in comparison to the vaccination programme?
Have they a better than normal healthcare system, spread out population etc that limits the effect of the virus?
Poland had 497 Covid deaths yesterday. Population 38 million.

Slovakia had 71 in a population of 5.4 million.

These are not low death figures, Covid is now ravaging both countries.

doodaa

Quote from: sid waddell on November 26, 2021, 12:11:43 PM
Poland had 497 Covid deaths yesterday. Population 38 million.

Slovakia had 71 in a population of 5.4 million.

These are not low death figures, Covid is now ravaging both countries.

Hence the inverted commas.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on November 26, 2021, 11:10:34 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 25, 2021, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 25, 2021, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2021, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 24, 2021, 02:30:43 PM
"HSE's Paul Reid: "If you take the adult population, only about 7% haven't got two vaccines. That's a
highly disproportionate number of people we have in hospital -
for 7% of the adult population to represent close to 55% of our ICU capacity"
"

If those figures are true then it tells you that vaccines are working but I think there's a general understanding that top ups and annual vaccines will become a regular occurrence..
LOL so 45% of the people in ICU are vaccinated and you tell us vaccines are working etc.

edit: Sorry, read the posts after and clear you were trying to be sarcastic. Probably not a good idea to appear a stupid c**t in a thread that has more than its fair share of them.

I'll leave this here for the benefit of the dumb f**ks that think the vaccines aren't working:

If the vaccines weren't working, then ~93% of the people in ICU would be vaccinated.

To get the numbers as they are means a fully vaccinated person is around 16 times less likely to end up in ICU as the unvaccinated/not-fully vaccinated.
Yes there a lot of silly silly people about. I had my booster on Monday past and the hospital was packed with people queueing which was heartening to see. Interestingly there was a father and daughter behind me and it was her getting the jab and by the sounds of their conversation he hasn't had any jabs (man in his 50s) as she was chastising him about it. No doubt the same boy would be happy to take a hospital bed if he gets Covid.

I must confess at this stage i am now slowly moving to a position of support of privatising the NHS. I have paid serious money to the NHS over many many years, been in hospital once, so the return on my investment has been minimal, and thats fine to be truthful as its for the greater good. But the conversations I'm hearing from colleagues and also on here is making me think, will we move to a position of having to pay for your treatment if you get covid if unvaccinated? Many on here are happy to have me locked in the house and not get access to everyday things if I don't have the covid passport going forward. So once you have conceded the principle of having the right to not take a substance into your body for genuine  concerns without penalty, other basic rights can also be abused. I already pay for private health care, but as i already said I am gradually thinking privatise the whole thing so I can invest my money for my benefit and not for the Tony Balonys of the world, who get free access to the NHS as a result of my contributions and people like me. I'm definitely conflicted at the minute and the covid debate is the sole reason.

I think Tony pays plenty into the NHS, I don't get 'value' for my contributions for the time spent in hospital, but if I reflect on it, I've 3 kids, how much does it cost for that if you are paying for it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Death rates would be affected by the age groups vaccinated and the age structure of the population. Poland has a lot of 40-year-olds and not so many 75-85 year olds, there was stuff going on there 80 years ago that depressed the birth rate. The 40 year olds are only moderately likely to die.
Death rates would also be affected by previous infection rates.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Friend of mine. 35ish, very fit. Would run alot of park runs etc. Hes anti vaccine, anti mask, anti lockdown.
Have had on and off arguments with him over the last year.

He cant lift his head off the pillow at the minute. Said he's never experienced anything like this in his life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Thastheball on November 26, 2021, 11:10:34 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 25, 2021, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 25, 2021, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2021, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 24, 2021, 02:30:43 PM
"HSE's Paul Reid: "If you take the adult population, only about 7% haven't got two vaccines. That's a
highly disproportionate number of people we have in hospital -
for 7% of the adult population to represent close to 55% of our ICU capacity"
"

If those figures are true then it tells you that vaccines are working but I think there's a general understanding that top ups and annual vaccines will become a regular occurrence..
LOL so 45% of the people in ICU are vaccinated and you tell us vaccines are working etc.

edit: Sorry, read the posts after and clear you were trying to be sarcastic. Probably not a good idea to appear a stupid c**t in a thread that has more than its fair share of them.

I'll leave this here for the benefit of the dumb f**ks that think the vaccines aren't working:

If the vaccines weren't working, then ~93% of the people in ICU would be vaccinated.

To get the numbers as they are means a fully vaccinated person is around 16 times less likely to end up in ICU as the unvaccinated/not-fully vaccinated.
Yes there a lot of silly silly people about. I had my booster on Monday past and the hospital was packed with people queueing which was heartening to see. Interestingly there was a father and daughter behind me and it was her getting the jab and by the sounds of their conversation he hasn't had any jabs (man in his 50s) as she was chastising him about it. No doubt the same boy would be happy to take a hospital bed if he gets Covid.

I must confess at this stage i am now slowly moving to a position of support of privatising the NHS. I have paid serious money to the NHS over many many years, been in hospital once, so the return on my investment has been minimal, and thats fine to be truthful as its for the greater good. But the conversations I'm hearing from colleagues and also on here is making me think, will we move to a position of having to pay for your treatment if you get covid if unvaccinated? Many on here are happy to have me locked in the house and not get access to everyday things if I don't have the covid passport going forward. So once you have conceded the principle of having the right to not take a substance into your body for genuine  concerns without penalty, other basic rights can also be abused. I already pay for private health care, but as i already said I am gradually thinking privatise the whole thing so I can invest my money for my benefit and not for the Tony Balonys of the world, who get free access to the NHS as a result of my contributions and people like me. I'm definitely conflicted at the minute and the covid debate is the sole reason.
There is private healthcare available without privatising the NHS. Rather than a private bed, it is more likely that the unvaccinated end up in a NHS hospital bed long-term, funded by my taxes and the taxes of all the other people who took the vaccine for their own good and good of other NHS users. No need to thank us.

Jeepers Creepers

Just over 2k cases in the North and 9 deceased over last 24 hrs

imtommygunn

It's coming if not already here as per any other variant. Great...

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gmac

Posters theorizing about a variant they no nothing about is all good anyone slightly skeptical is a Karen from Facebook .