The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I see Kleyn has been selected in the second row for the game against England on saturday. I hope he doesn't make the final squad. It is supposed to be an Irish team. We might have a quarter final against Soith Africa and we could have 2 South Africans in the pack. I don't think that is s good thing.

Tony Baloney

Both teams are going at it in terms of team selection. Must be very nerve-wracking for players and coaches as an injury now could be curtains.

magpie seanie

Jack Carty's great firm of last season seems to have been forgotten. Seems "playing for Leinster" is a tie break winner in all these decisions.

I've a feeling we're slipping into our usual World Cup funk.

Think the "Development player" thing is now gone too far.

screenexile

At least our supporters won't be getting carried away this time!!!

Very worrying far too static going forward whereas England attack the line at speed.

Ed Ricketts

Pure shite. Some amount of work to do in the next month.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Solo_run

An absolutely embarassment - no hope for WC

Tony Baloney

I didn't see it and I know it's only a pre-WC warm-up. But still... That's a hosing by any marker. Read on a report that lineout faced a total collapse which I can't say is surprising as that has been coming for a while.

GetOverTheBar

Schmidt announcing he's gone has ruined it all.

Ireland are a shambles.

Gmac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2019, 05:20:14 PM
I didn't see it and I know it's only a pre-WC warm-up. But still... That's a hosing by any marker. Read on a report that lineout faced a total collapse which I can't say is surprising as that has been coming for a while.
toner has to play end of story , no pace is going to kill us again  seems the wc is a year too late for this team

Hardy

Nothing learned from the hammering by England in the Six Nations. Irish players receive the ball standing still and then move from foot to foot while deciding which way to go. English players receive the ball while moving at speed and most times that player has another moving at speed just off him and sometimes there's a third running as a decoy. We seem to be streets behind tactically.

seafoid

An rud is annamh is iontach
2018 was unforgettable

In French as well

https://youtu.be/rRFw54vUEPY
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Learnt some man can't throw, chronic

Wildweasel74

After watching that. I nearly think them lads were on the drink, can't remember Ireland so bad

manfromdelmonte

Best is 18 months late retiring
And now Joe has nobody ready to replace him from the start
Stander is very aptly named, most of the time he just stands there

Carty could end up starting the pool games