All is rotten in Down and Roscommon

Started by giveballaghback, April 12, 2015, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redross

Can someone put a link of this article? I cannot get it on independent.ie. Thanks.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2015, 08:08:58 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 15, 2015, 11:38:01 PM
Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 11:32:55 PM
I will humbly take that as a compliment larryin. As i will give in future posts to heros if proved incorrect in my analysis,statistics,inside knowledge and instinct. Its not a surprize rossies will rise to top.its all in place.now the plan is being executed. Revolution hasnt begun in our beautiful game,Rossies are doing in on the pitch,we have the most sexiest,coolest jersey in intercounty and we have a stunning bus (cost effective of course) we have club rossie CR.best set up in gaa bar maybe tyrone in fairness.top it off with naturally gifted mannerly squad of players and management.long live the Rossie Revolution.

You're either very young or you're taking the piss.
He's one of ye're own on the wind. I've long since blocked him.

I'm not sure about that anymore. He seems to know too much about Roscommon to be from Mayo. I don't think he's larryin89 either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 16, 2015, 08:16:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2015, 08:08:58 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 15, 2015, 11:38:01 PM
Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 11:32:55 PM
I will humbly take that as a compliment larryin. As i will give in future posts to heros if proved incorrect in my analysis,statistics,inside knowledge and instinct. Its not a surprize rossies will rise to top.its all in place.now the plan is being executed. Revolution hasnt begun in our beautiful game,Rossies are doing in on the pitch,we have the most sexiest,coolest jersey in intercounty and we have a stunning bus (cost effective of course) we have club rossie CR.best set up in gaa bar maybe tyrone in fairness.top it off with naturally gifted mannerly squad of players and management.long live the Rossie Revolution.

You're either very young or you're taking the piss.
He's one of ye're own on the wind. I've long since blocked him.

I'm not sure about that anymore. He seems to know too much about Roscommon to be from Mayo. I don't think he's larryin89 either.
This Mayo troll knows plenty because he is obsessed with everything Roscommon. He's been long since found out and blocked by anyone with any sense.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

Is there anything admin in here can do about this,I'm like this forum but it's really unfair that this accusation can keep being thrown at me.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

The jury is out larryin89, I say its not you.

Farrandeelin

Perhaps you're right ross4life. But I don't think he and larryin89 are one and same. However, where are the mods to stop the trolling?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mjg

Larryn ballycroy gibbs identity crisis

Maroon Manc

redross

Thanks for putting that link up. Reading it, its hard to take him at all seriously. He has not backed any of this up with facts. He just said we played "rotten football" Roscommon scored 24 points against Kildare and beat Down in Newry playing very good quality football. The Kildare game was the best they have played in about 10-12 years. They were poor enough against Meath and Laois for sure but Roscommon have quality forwards and have certainly utilized them using good quality long foot passes for the majority of the league. Roscommon for sure are not a top 8 team and there is a sense the fans may be getting ahead of ourselves but no doubt this is a good time for Roscommon. There have ben many bad ones so we will enjoy this period.

Same for Down. They have scored heavily in the league 4-11 against Westmeath surely doesn't stink of puke football. Colm O Rourke would be better served worrying about his own county and the fact they will probably get beat by 20 points in the leinster final in July.

Blowitupref

Independent article published the same day as O Rourkes.

Roscommon

Playing a style of football that is both adaptable and enjoyable.

Down

Moved the ball exceptionally well throughout the season and made some brilliant interchanges.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/hope-and-horror-on-the-line-national-league-winners-and-losers-31135187.html
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 16, 2015, 11:27:08 PM

Roscommon

Down

Moved the ball exceptionally well throughout the season and made some brilliant interchanges.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/hope-and-horror-on-the-line-national-league-winners-and-losers-31135187.html

It was literally on the same page as O'Rourke's column. I think the editor was having a laugh at his expense.

MourneArmy

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 16, 2015, 11:27:08 PM

Roscommon

Down

Ah, how refreshing to read something positive for a change!

What impressed me most about Down during the league was our ability to swarm quickly in numbers around an opposition player when they are in their scoring zone, turning the ball over, and counter-attacking at pace. A very Donegal-like attribute, but very effective.

I have also been very impressed with our ability to create goal chances. Jim McCorry has definitely improved our attacking style of play, with players making very effective runs off the shoulder to find themselves in one-on-one positions. There is usually two or three players who burst into space to create these goal-chances, therefore players seem to be lining up to hit the back of the net. Forget about the blanket defense, the blanket attack has the potential to prove just as effective! Time will tell.

Jinxy

If you had to play rotten football to get out of Div 2, you're going to have to play putrid football to stay in Div 1.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

gibbs32

I could not give a hoot if anyone dosnt blieve i am a rossie.ye so called rossies gave them no chance in leagu and ye flip and flop. I dont.im way ahead of anyone on this board when it comes to rossies. I gave my predictions.thank me when they come in planks