All is rotten in Down and Roscommon

Started by giveballaghback, April 12, 2015, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 11:32:55 PM
I will humbly take that as a compliment larryin. As i will give in future posts to heros if proved incorrect in my analysis,statistics,inside knowledge and instinct. Its not a surprize rossies will rise to top.its all in place.now the plan is being executed. Revolution hasnt begun in our beautiful game,Rossies are doing in on the pitch,we have the most sexiest,coolest jersey in intercounty and we have a stunning bus (cost effective of course) we have club rossie CR.best set up in gaa bar maybe tyrone in fairness.top it off with naturally gifted mannerly squad of players and management.long live the Rossie Revolution.

You're either very young or you're taking the piss. 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 15, 2015, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
I agree ballagh but in fairness like yourself and some of the hero members he makes good sence some of the time. Now no one can probably predict games bar me this year and that will continue.i will also give predictions and outcomes for other counties on request. Make the holiday cash this summer. Rossies to win v tyrone u21 and rossies seniors v down in league final following week.

And Rossies to win against London, and Rossies to win against Sligo, and Rossies to beat Galway, and Rossies to win the quarter final, and Rossies to win semifinal, and rossies to win... well you get my drift don't you gibbs. Fair play to you, you've the exact opposite attitude to me when I predict Mayo games I suppose, but so far they have all been correct.
Even an incorrect clock is correct twice a day

gibbs32

Fucked if i do and fucked if i dont. Im not taking piss and by my user name you can guess my age.

Syferus

Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 11:51:43 PM
Fucked if i do and fucked if i dont. Im not taking piss and by my user name you can guess my age.

Sure post a few Roscommon ticket stubs if you really want to convince us Gibbs. I won't hold my breath.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 15, 2015, 07:02:24 PM
Lar na parka my man I started the thread, yes my first language is english I think, I also read the O Rourke article and I think I was fairly accurate in what I quoted, now your agenda whatever it is has blinded your ability to read and maybe to think clearly as well, well sure that usually happens ye rhubarbs this time of year and with Galway and Ros improving and yere lads on the slippery slope ye are hyper ventilating already, steady up there and dont get too excited, Mr O Rourke wont get too excited about ye as ye well know, so next time you want to take a cheap shot at a Rossie take a deep breath first and get your facts right.
Sorry old son but you quoted sweet FA.

You took half a sentence and from what he wrote and decided that O'Rourke claimed that all was rotten in Down and Roscommon(football.)

I'm boring myself at this stage but what he said was "From a purist point of view, I thought Down and Roscommon had a rotten style."

He had already criticised those who held this view and he went on to say that Down and Roscommon wouldn't and shouldn't give a damn about what the purists had to say. In other words, they can claim what they like but Evans and McCorry won't be bothered and neither will the players or the fans of either county.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 16, 2015, 12:40:06 AM
Lar na parka my man I started the thread, yes my first language is english I think, I also read the O Rourke article and I think I was fairly accurate in what I quoted, now your agenda whatever it is has blinded your ability to read and maybe to think clearly as well, well sure that usually happens ye rhubarbs this time of year and with Galway and Ros improving and yere lads on the slippery slope ye are hyper ventilating already, steady up there and dont get too excited, Mr O Rourke wont get too excited about ye as ye well know, so next time you want to take a cheap shot at a Rossie take a deep breath first and get your facts right.

You took half a sentence and from what he wrote and decided that O'Rourke claimed that all was rotten in Down and Roscommon(football.)

I'm boring myself at this stage but what he said was "From a purist point of view, I thought Down and Roscommon had a rotten style."

He had already criticised those who held this view and he went on to say that Down and Roscommon wouldn't and shouldn't give a damn about what the purists had to say. In other words, they can claim what they like but Evans and McCorry won't be bothered and neither will the players or the fans of either county.

You're still not addressing the fact his point was BS based on a single match in each case.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 15, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

I'm not sure I agree with that.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on April 15, 2015, 11:38:01 PM
Quote from: gibbs32 on April 15, 2015, 11:32:55 PM
I will humbly take that as a compliment larryin. As i will give in future posts to heros if proved incorrect in my analysis,statistics,inside knowledge and instinct. Its not a surprize rossies will rise to top.its all in place.now the plan is being executed. Revolution hasnt begun in our beautiful game,Rossies are doing in on the pitch,we have the most sexiest,coolest jersey in intercounty and we have a stunning bus (cost effective of course) we have club rossie CR.best set up in gaa bar maybe tyrone in fairness.top it off with naturally gifted mannerly squad of players and management.long live the Rossie Revolution.

You're either very young or you're taking the piss.
He's one of ye're own on the wind. I've long since blocked him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on April 16, 2015, 12:43:35 AM

You're still not addressing the fact his point was BS based on a single match in each case.
Now, now Syf, you're the one making monumental assumptions.
I guess you would have to have read his article in full before you'd understand that he was actually praising Roscommon and John Evans for not letting the "purists" dictate to them how the game should be played.
He made it quite clear that it was not his personal opinion that Ross and Down played rotten football.
You saying that all he knows about present day Ross football is what he saw when they played Meath. He never said that or implied it either.
He may not have been at the game for all I know but as a pundit and journalist, I think he'd have paid more attention to Roscommon, Down and any other side that were in the running for promotion. Besides, he was not basing anything he said on what he actually saw.
He was referring to what others had to say about your beloved team.

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 16, 2015, 08:31:41 AM

I guess you would have to have read his article in full before you'd understand that he was actually praising Roscommon and John Evans for not letting the "purists" dictate to them how the game should be played.
He made it quite clear that it was not his personal opinion that Ross and Down played rotten football.
You saying that all he knows about present day Ross football is what he saw when they played Meath. He never said that or implied it either.
He may not have been at the game for all I know but as a pundit and journalist, I think he'd have paid more attention to Roscommon, Down and any other side that were in the running for promotion. Besides, he was not basing anything he said on what he actually saw.

I bought the fûcking paper, Lar.

So you're saying he read the newspaper, so? It was pretty much impossible for someone who (I hope) attended Meath's games to get a good picture of an of the other D2 teams but in particular Roscommon who never featured in any live matches, Setanta or otherwise, this year. Because nothing I read on here or even in articles suggested Roscommon or Down played 'rotten football' from a 'purist's perspective' (nice cliche there, too). Indeed it was praise (of questionable merit, but that's another story) that we were getting for playing positive, attacking football. So his commentary doesn't seem to match reality in any sense.

And the fact he didn't focus on the more questionable style of his own county jumps out at me. All he was doing was filling column inches by attacking easy targets rather than addressing the one county he had a good view of over the course of the league if he wanted to make a worthwhile point. But that would have rocked the boat at home and, sure, we can't be having that.

He was never a great pundit but this week he took the cake and ran with it.

Put Up That Flag

Look Lar dont you realise by now that Sufferus knows everything about everything and that is final, we are lucky to have his thoughts on this board,  how a national newspaper or broadcaster hasn't him snapped up I don't know, probably has something to do with the fact he appears like he is still in national school, but anyways his opinions are always on the money,  he said Kerry were useless last year and gone over the hill yet I still think they beat his beloved Mayo and actually may have went on to win the all Ireland so as you can see he is top class in his opinions :-) :-) :-) :-)

Don't bother arguing with a fool as he will bring you down to his level

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Niall Quinn on April 16, 2015, 02:31:59 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 15, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

I'm not sure I agree with that.

You'd be right not to. However if the clock was stopped...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on April 16, 2015, 09:09:47 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 16, 2015, 08:31:41 AM

I bought the fûcking paper, Lar.

So you're saying he read the newspaper, so? It was pretty much impossible for someone who (I hope) attended Meath's games to get a good picture of an of the other D2 teams but in particular Roscommon who never featured in any live matches, Setanta or otherwise, this year. Because nothing I read on here or even in articles suggested Roscommon or Down played 'rotten football' from a 'purist's perspective' (nice cliche there, too). Indeed it was praise (of questionable merit, but that's another story) that we were getting for playing positive, attacking football. So his commentary doesn't seem to match reality in any sense.

And the fact he didn't focus on the more questionable style of his own county jumps out at me. All he was doing was filling column inches by attacking easy targets rather than addressing the one county he had a good view of over the course of the league if he wanted to make a worthwhile point. But that would have rocked the boat at home and, sure, we can't be having that.

He was never a great pundit but this week he took the cake and ran with it.
<sigh...>

So you bought the fûcking paper, did ya? ;D

Then if you actually read what O'Rourke had to say about Roscommon football, you should be able to quote whatever he said that upsets you. Did he at any stage claim that Roscommon football was rotten?

Now, I don't know if you bought the paper to light the fire or to wipe your arse but it certainly wasn't to analyse the offerings of Colman O'Rourke.

(BTW, I don't think much of the same guy but that's beside the point. )