All is rotten in Down and Roscommon

Started by giveballaghback, April 12, 2015, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 08:31:37 PM

Maybe they will . Can I get a serious answer off anyone , what have Roscommon done at senior football to justify all this applause and recognition. I just don't get it and it's not my rivalry thingy here I'm talking through. I just can't understand where people are coming from .What Have they beat like.

If Roscommon get the heads beat off them by Mayo this year in a Connacht final ( not saying it's going to happen, on current form Galway will have our measure) will people hold their hands up and say " ahh jaysus we were way off the mark " or will it be  put down to another learning curve in the 14 years of growing up.

You ask the question about Roscommon but talk up Galway who remain in div 2 and haven't won Connacht title since 2008. What current form are you talking about? Mayo finished on 7 points in div 1 this year which is a point more than 2013 when Mayo reached the league semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 13, 2015, 09:21:54 PM

Maybe they will . Can I get a serious answer off anyone , what have Roscommon done at senior football to justify all this applause and recognition. I just don't get it and it's not my rivalry thingy here I'm talking through. I just can't understand where people are coming from .What Have they beat like.

If Roscommon get the heads beat off them by Mayo this year in a Connacht final ( not saying it's going to happen, on current form Galway will have our measure) will people hold their hands up and say " ahh jaysus we were way off the mark " or will it be  put down to another learning curve in the 14 years of growing up.

You ask the question about Roscommon but talk up Galway who remain in div 2 and haven't won Connacht title since 2008. What current form are you talking about? Mayo finished on 7 points in div 1 this year which is a point more than 2013 when Mayo reached the league semi final.

Ummm let me see, Galway a far more traditional county ( means nothing I know to the internet brigade but it does on the field of play and always will) , Galway beat Roscommon in the league at the Hyde, Galway made it to the all Ireland q/f last year and gave Kerry a few scares . Galway would of been in league final instead of Roscommon IMO if they had the corofin bucks all along.

You brought up 2008 , Galway beat Mayo in Castlebar that year to win Connacht , Ros haven't done that since 1986 . Galway have beaten Mayo 2003, 2005 07 and 08 since Ros last beat Mayo 14 years ago.

Look all I'm saying there seems to be a whole lot of praise for a whole lot of nothin . When they win the Nestor a few times and beat a few big teams in croke park and get to a few all Ireland finals ,then they can turn round and say look at what we've achieved , so far they've achieved nothing only a load of hyperbole.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

O Rourkes grudge with Down is that 91 all-ire final walloping and a walloping it was, his problem with Ros could be on 2 fronts, firstly he is a Leitrim man and as syf will tell you the leitrim boys will always have a cut at Ros but there is another reason, in 2006 when his son Shane was the star turn for Meath minors Ros turned them over in the all Ire semi when Meath were unbackable favourites, to book Shane did not get a kick at the ball, I think it was Domnican that was marking him, and Ros went on to beat kerry in the final, O Rourke said in the preview before that final that ros had their day against Meath and were lucky to be in the final and could not see them giving Kerry a game. Gracious as always, he gave Ros a lot of stick when Maughan went crying to the press and of course in his playing days I saw him getting a good ros welcome in kiltoom in the league many years ago. Lets hope its a cracker of a div 2 final regardless of who wins, thats the only way to answer that gs, by the way farreendeen regardless of our phoney wars and the rest when its a Connacht team in croker we are all behind them, a very good Mayo friend of mine asked me before one of yere recent finals was I shouting for Mayo, now I couldn't say I was so I said well its like this if ye win im laughing with ye, if ye lose im laughing at ye, either way im laughing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 09:51:34 PM

Ummm let me see, Galway a far more traditional county ( means nothing I know to the internet brigade but it does on the field of play and always will) , Galway beat Roscommon in the league at the Hyde, Galway made it to the all Ireland q/f last year and gave Kerry a few scares . Galway would of been in league final instead of Roscommon IMO if they had the corofin bucks all along.

You brought up 2008 , Galway beat Mayo in Castlebar that year to win Connacht , Ros haven't done that since 1986 . Galway have beaten Mayo 2003, 2005 07 and 08 since Ros last beat Mayo 14 years ago.

Look all I'm saying there seems to be a whole lot of praise for a whole lot of nothin . When they win the Nestor a few times and beat a few big teams in croke park and get to a few all Ireland finals ,then they can turn round and say look at what we've achieved , so far they've achieved nothing only a load of hyperbole.
Few if any of that 2008 Galway team remain. I don't think Sligo ever won in Galway until their win in Salthill 2012.

Galway reached the quarter finals by beating Tipp who were div 4 at the time, if you are taking about a few scares then Mayo got that in Hyde park last year. Galway had the pick Corofin players last year and just avoided relegation. You said on current form Galway would have the measure of Mayo, not even the internet brigade will fall for that cute hoor talk.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossie11

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 09:51:34 PM

Again where is this excess praise you talk of? I haven't seen any.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 13, 2015, 10:15:20 PM
Again where is this excess praise you talk of? I haven't seen any.
Ah Stop.. he will be posting from his other so called ros supporter account now  :D

As for the topic of the thread.

We have gone from too green according to McGee to now rotten by O Rourke. 

Maybe he was referring to our performances against Laois and Galway though i doubt he attended those games. O Rourke also referred to the live games on TV he watched even though none of our 7 games were covered not even highlights. As been said already ourselves & Down were the top scorers in div 2, 17 points per game scored & i think a few on this forum will be happy to see attacking play rewarded and unlike Meath we didn't focus more on holding teams to low scores 0-11,0-11,0-13,0-10,0-12 in 5 of their games.

Colm O Rourke was fine footballer & i had the pleasure to see him play on many occasions but as pundit he is a poor one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

"Again where is this excess praise you talk of? I haven't seen any."

Sure no sense in a pantomime scenario , I hear it and you're saying I don't . That's the end of that.

I'll go another road.

Do you believe Roscommon are going to win the Connacht championship?

Do you believe the Roscommon support are getting giddy?

Do you read other forums like stolensheep and hogan stand , if so , you'd have to agree there is a magnificent increase in Roscommon optimism .

I was home last weekend , on sat evening I was in ballagh for a bite to eat . I met lads I know all my life who would hardly ever be at games bar championship , these lads had spanking new club Rosie jackets on and has just come back from tuam . Deny it all you want there is a massive belief there that something big is happening. It's to be admired for the most part but I don't do the faux GAA supporter shite of wishing your nearest all the best . I want Mayo to win all the time so that means I want nothing good to happen in Roscommon .

I just think they're getting a biteen ahead of themselves , the summer will tell us who is right and who is wrong. Not long now.

5IAR

gibbs32

This rossie team will nurture into a top 4 team and will stay at the top for years to come. Statistics dont lie. Massive effort from cbs roscommon in hogan cup. Came up short against the barca school of gaa.congrats to all in dingle andkerry. On another note mayo are finished,galway are strong and roscommon are no.1 and will prove that when we win connacht. All the best to u21 who will also beat tyrone and dublin/tipp in final. Football may be dead in some peoples eyes but there is a Revolution in Roscommon. My beautiful primrose and blue ;)

gibbs32

Rossies will also beat down in league final by a point or two

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 10:48:54 PM

Sure no sense in a pantomime scenario , I hear it and you're saying I don't . That's the end of that.

I'll go another road.

Do you read other forums like stolensheep and hogan stand , if so , you'd have to agree there is a magnificent increase in Roscommon optimism .

I was home last weekend , on sat evening I was in ballagh for a bite to eat . I met lads I know all my life who would hardly ever be at games bar championship , these lads had spanking new club Rosie jackets on and has just come back from tuam . Deny it all you want there is a massive belief there that something big is happening. It's to be admired for the most part but I don't do the faux GAA supporter shite of wishing your nearest all the best . I want Mayo to win all the time so that means I want nothing good to happen in Roscommon .

I just think they're getting a biteen ahead of themselves , the summer will tell us who is right and who is wrong. Not long now.

5IAR

At least you're owning up to that.

Rossie11

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 10:48:54 PM

I'll go another road.

5IAR
In shocking news, supporters give praise, wear colours and want to talk about their team after a few jars..
::)

larryin89

Ahh sure look no sense in taking it any further ,you know fine well what I'm talking about but just purposely taking me out of context all the time.

As for the other ejit Gibbs , you're now making it very obvious you're trying to make out its me that's posting as you , whatever you're trying to prove .

And syferus what are you on about now,admit to what . 

gibbs32

Listen larryin wherever your from if you think picking right predictions which i have done to this point maybe your the eejit. You must be from mayo bitter head

larryin89

Quote from: gibbs32 on April 13, 2015, 11:36:44 PM
Listen larryin wherever your from if you think picking right predictions which i have done to this point maybe your the eejit. You must be from mayo bitter head

Do you know what buddy you're dead right as in that was very unfair on me to just come out and call you an ejit.

I'm not sure you're a troll but I'd have to give you the benefit of the doubt till I knew for sure . You see as I'm sure you're aware there are a fair few in here think I'm you as in I have two accounts actin the bollix like.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on April 13, 2015, 11:41:23 PM
Quote from: gibbs32 on April 13, 2015, 11:36:44 PM

Do you know what buddy you're dead right as in that was very unfair on me to just come out and call you an ejit.

I'm not sure you're a troll but I'd have to give you the benefit of the doubt till I knew for sure . You see as I'm sure you're aware there are a fair few in here think I'm you as in I have two accounts actin the bollix like.

More than two to be fair Larryin.