NFL Division 2 final Down V Roscommon 26th April 2015

Started by Dubh driocht, April 06, 2015, 12:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

Quote from: larryin89 on April 26, 2015, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on April 26, 2015, 02:49:15 PM
Poor game although Willie Hegarty on Shannonside Radio makes it sound like an all Ireland final. "And he has just kicked a wonderful fisted point". Rossies must wonder why no-one has come to see them in their first game of the year in Croke Park. No harm to give the bus a run out anyway.

Re the Roscommon support , they are a disgrace to that team . I mean where are they, they're in the pubs in ballagh, Boyle and frenchpark talkin about how they're going to bate Mayo.
larryin we all know your not the brightest spark in kilmovee but when your on stolensheep as ballycroy try to remember to shuffle your above sentence about a small bit

Syferus

I thought Cian Connolly put in a very good performance, particularly for someone making his first ever start at senior, and at Croke Park of all places. Put himself right into contention for a place come championship. Lots of switches today and they paid off, the team that took the field were hungry and eager to make the most of their chance.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on April 26, 2015, 06:50:48 PM
I thought Cian Connolly put in a very good performance, particularly for someone making his first ever start at senior, and at Croke Park of all places. Put himself right into contention for a place come championship. Lots of switches today and they paid off, the team that took the field were hungry and eager to make the most of their chance.

Tell us about how great Cregger was?

larryin89

Quote from: mjg on April 26, 2015, 06:20:04 PM
Poor game although Willie Hegarty on Shannonside Radio makes it sound like an all Ireland final. "And he has just kicked a wonderful fisted point". Rossies must wonder why no-one has come to see them in their first game of the year in Croke Park. No harm to give the bus a run out anyway.

Re the Roscommon support , they are a disgrace to that team . I mean where are they, they're in the pubs in ballagh, Boyle and frenchpark talkin about how they're going to bate Mayo.
larryin we all know your not the brightest spark in kilmovee but when your on stolensheep as ballycroy try to remember to shuffle your above sentence about a small bit

Goin back to the post not the poster, where was your support , I know for a fact some of them were in creators  roarin and shoutin about batin Mayo. Now my question still remains where was your support ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

Well done Ros.

With Galway & Sligo improving at the end of their League campaigns, Connacht should be interesting this year. Also, Leitrim won three and drew with eventual Champions Offaly, and are at home, so GaillimhĂ­ beware.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on April 26, 2015, 07:01:09 PM

Tell us about how great Cregger was?

His handlin was terrible.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sligoman2

Congrats Roscommom - good win bad game.

See ye in June
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Tubberman

He was very composed, hadn't heard of him before. Good player. The pace was way off championship standard though, so hard to know what to make of Ros yet. Not too long til we find out though ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

Quote from: mjg on April 26, 2015, 06:20:04 PM

Wouldn't have seen that troll post if you didn't quote it. Well played mjg  ;D

As for the game a deserved win for us the margin of win probably should have been more. Down can't be happy with their performance on the day but like ourselves they have div one football next season and playing better teams should bring further improvement for both.

Great to see Roscommon win another national title in Croke park and no more than our hard working players and management deserve.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Well done lads and another shiny cupeen to go with the FBD,Hastings and Connacht U21.
Good in spots today could have been out of sight at ht.
Always looked likely winners in the 2nd half but not sealed till the goal came.
Young Connolly did well after a shaky start. How Cregg was left on for nearly 50 minutes I don't know.
Anyway good to win the cupeen but the real world starts in May.
Who remembers D2 winners beyond the Tuesday after the final ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on April 26, 2015, 09:08:53 PM
Well done lads and another shiny cupeen to go with the FBD,Hastings and Connacht U21.
Good in spots today could have been out of sight at ht.
Always looked likely winners in the 2nd half but not sealed till the goal came.
Young Connolly did well after a shaky start. How Cregg was left on for nearly 50 minutes I don't know.
Anyway good to win the cupeen but the real world starts in May.
Who remembers D2 winners beyond the Tuesday after the final ?

Good, deserved win. Ye won it fair and square. Now for the real stuff!"

(Maybe you'll shut up about Ballagh for a whileen now and give the rest of long-suffering himanity a well-deserved break.) ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shrewdness

Any theories on why Cathal Cregg is playing so poorly at the moment. He was very poor in the Galway game, mediocre against Westmeath and exceptionally poor today.. He looked like the one making his debut. Well done to Cian Connolly on a good display. Very promising player, who by all accounts, had been flying in training.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 26, 2015, 09:54:29 PM
Any theories on why Cathal Cregg is playing so poorly at the moment. He was very poor in the Galway game, mediocre against Westmeath and exceptionally poor today.. He looked like the one making his debut. Well done to Cian Connolly on a good display. Very promising player, who by all accounts, had been flying in training.

I am sure Syferus will be able to answer that, he was suffering from verbal diarrhoea on this forum about his performances last year in the league against the mite of Limerick in March, so much so he became known as the bearded magician. Anyone outside the county would think he was as good as james o donoghue the way he was waffling on so please Syferus tell us about how great he is now or as usual are you going to be shown up as a spoofer?

Cathal Cregg is a good county player and always tries hard but is more of a work horse than a natural forward from what I have seen of him, normal rossies correct me if I'm wrong. He is just blown out of all proportions within the county by a few deranged individuals.

Jinxy

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on April 26, 2015, 10:21:02 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 26, 2015, 09:54:29 PM

I am sure Syferus will be able to answer that, he was suffering from verbal diarrhoea on this forum about his performances last year in the league against the mite of Limerick in March, so much so he became known as the bearded magician. Anyone outside the county would think he was as good as james o donoghue the way he was waffling on so please Syferus tell us about how great he is now or as usual are you going to be shown up as a spoofer?

Cathal Cregg is a good county player and always tries hard but is more of a work horse than a natural forward from what I have seen of him, normal rossies correct me if I'm wrong. He is just blown out of all proportions within the county by a few deranged individuals.

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Black Mamba

This is the 2nd year running where Cregg started off the year great, not that FBD form counts for much, was excellent in our opening league matches but has faded out towards the end of the league. Connelly really impressed today and our defence seems like it's getting it's act together but the real tests are yet to come.