WestMeath v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, March 30, 2015, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

This one's for you Moysider, ya dirty eejit ya ...

Syferus

Classy from the Mayo lads.

Nearly ran over John Evans on to the pitch yesterday - hopefully that'll teach him not to be on the phone when crossing the road!!

Hopefully that's the only near miss we have this weekend..

From the Bunker

Well done the Rossies! Good to see another Connacht team in the top flight. Big 12 months ahead in the development of this team.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Syferus on April 05, 2015, 01:03:51 PM
Classy from the Mayo lads.

Sorry, Father.

Well done you Rossies. Great campaign for you.

Shrewdness

Congrats to our players and management on this great achievement. Us Rossies are optimists, but i don't think any of us expected this at the start of the league campaign. The reaction of John Evans at full time showed what this meant, and despite his reservations about promotion earlier in the campaign, he's thrilled with promotion. Well done to Liam Kearns and selector too. Pity that Seanie Mc Dermott will miss Croke Park because of his red card.... But i have to reserve my biggest praise for our three magnificent U-21's, Diarmuid Murtagh, Enda Smith and Ultan Harney..After their strength sapping heroics last night in Tuam, all three made big impacts when brought on today. Murtagh came on after about 20-25 mins and scored 0-5, and earned other frees which were scored by other players. Enda Smith and Ultan Harney never stopped, with Harney also scoring. Smith got a black card..This shows the resolve of these young players, part of the new breed of Roscommon footballer.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2015, 09:39:48 PM
Congrats to our players and management on this great achievement. Us Rossies are optimists, but i don't think any of us expected this at the start of the league campaign. The reaction of John Evans at full time showed what this meant, and despite his reservations about promotion earlier in the campaign, he's thrilled with promotion. Well done to Liam Kearns and selector too. Pity that Seanie Mc Dermott will miss Croke Park because of his red card.... But i have to reserve my biggest praise for our three magnificent U-21's, Diarmuid Murtagh, Enda Smith and Ultan Harney..After their strength sapping heroics last night in Tuam, all three made big impacts when brought on today. Murtagh came on after about 20-25 mins and scored 0-5, and earned other frees which were scored by other players. Enda Smith and Ultan Harney never stopped, with Harney also scoring. Smith got a black card..This shows the resolve of these young players, part of the new breed of Roscommon footballer.

Was interesting to listen to John taking to Willie after the match - they gathered together after pasting Offaly last year and set the target of reaching Division 1. They kept it quiet because there wasn't much point heaping outside pressure on the panel, I think. He also said we've been almost exclusively playing D1 teams in challenge matches this year. If people doubted Evans' ambitions they hardly can now. He's been an excellent manager for Roscommon.

Shrewdness

gibbs32

He has and congrats to johnny evans,liam kerins and management. Im still not convinced  he grasps how good we can be. Roll on 3 weekends of rossie action

Rossfan

We're back among the big boys  :D :)
We should have had that game won today at half time but 10 wides I believe.
The introduction of the 3 U21s made a huge difference  and brought a bit more life into some other lads. Higgins was sharper and more effective too than last Sunday.
Hard to think after the Cavan game that we'd be promoted as even survival looked slim then. However the crazy nature of the Division plus our goals at vital times v Westies and Meath got us there. THe team with the best forwards usually win games all else being equal.
Mind you if O'Rourke hadn't passed that ball to Senan they'd have gone up instead of us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

A special mention for Neil Collins who has an impressive campaign in our defence.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2015, 10:17:35 PM
A special mention for Neil Collins who has an impressive campaign in our defence.
Indeed ...but he's a natural instinctive defender unlike most of the lads beween 2 and 6. I'd love to see Murray in the corner Collins to FB and Carty CHB. Also think Stackeen would improve things at the back too.

macdanger2

Well done Rossies, see ye in D1 next year

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2015, 10:17:35 PM
Indeed ...but he's a natural instinctive defender unlike most of the lads beween 2 and 6. I'd love to see Murray in the corner Collins to FB and Carty CHB. Also think Stackeen would improve things at the back too.

Sad if Seanie misses the league final though. If any man deserves some time in the sun it's him.

Rossfan

Ahh sure it's a meaningless oul game in reality. It's just to pad out the crowd if ever there's a Cork/Kerry Div 1 final  ;D

ross4life

Great Easter weekend for the rossies, Connacht U21 title retained and now we return to div one. Took us a while to find our radar today the well taken goals in the 2nd half settled any nerves we may have had. Collins,C Shine especially in the 2nd half displayed great leadership & credit to the 3 U21s after last nights energy sapping encounter who all play a big part in todays comfortable win.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open