All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Well done Tyrone a well drilled side who came through a tough Ulster championship. Accomplished performance led from the first minute till last & kept us at arms length throughout, defensively Tyrone were superb were as solid as a unit as i have seen at this grade.

From our own point of view apart from Murtagh none of our key players performed to any where near their ability simply put our lads didn't do themselves justice on the day. Corcoran still rusty after a long injury lay off,Harney not right with the shoulder injury he is carrying & Smith could do with a month break. Defensively we were so loose giving away scores without even putting a hand on the Tyrone shooters. This is common theme whatever the level we play at.

Also well done to Tipp like Tyrone they held the a much talked about forward line to just 0-12 and simply put thats why the May 2nd final will be Tipp v Tyrone.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

So you beat Roscommon & get to play Tipp, it's like the old Tommy Murphy Cup.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

StGallsGAA

How many of that Tipp team have AI minor medals from 2011?  They won't be easily beaten! 

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2015, 10:03:25 PM
When will our managements and players stop worrying about favourites tags.
As for next year - I fear we won't be going too far as 2013 was the start of bad minor teams.

Aye - whoever heard of that Murtagh lad in the corner or that Harney buck at midfield since 2013 Rossfan.

Only getting to a minor AISF - like, that's not on at all at all!

sligoman2

Hard luck to Roscommon. I don't mean to rub salt into an open wound but I'm hoping ye have another defeat at Markievicz later this year......
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 18, 2015, 11:28:53 PM
Hard luck to Roscommon. I don't mean to rub salt into an open wound but I'm hoping he have another defeat at Markievicz later this year......

London calling first.

ONeill

Just back. Roscommon U21 are like Mayo senior - they have a weakness there in terms of winning mentality. Not to mention manliness but they'll improve on that.

Not a vintage Tyrone U21 team but enough physical presence to dominate a weaker side. Roscommon were disappointingly defensive and didn't really know how to play that game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Throw ball

Great win for Tipp. Only caught the last 20 minutes but some good play in that.

Was not surprised that Tyrone won. They have a way of playing that is hard to play against. A bit like Chelsea in soccer, it may not look great but is highly effective. A well managed team who know how to win. Though they got lucky with a couple of decisions but always looked in control.

The final will be interesting. Tipp will have a bit of work to do.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 10:56:29 PM
As for next year - I fear we won't be going too far as 2013 was the start of bad minor teams.

Aye - whoever heard of that Murtagh lad in the corner or that Harney buck at midfield since 2013 Rossfan.

That was because we met a sh1te Kildare who won a soft Leinster.
Was talking to a very senior Ros GAA man tonight.

He told me funding/coaching of youth seriously cut back.(SS removed).
Serious mistake which will come back to bite us as we let the Rhus and herrings takeover again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2015, 02:58:30 AM

Serious mistake which will come back to bite us as we let the Rhus and herrings takeover again.

Calm down! One bad game doesn't undo all the positive things that appear to be going on in the county. From an outsider looking in, Roscommon seem to be one of the counties that are making massive strides forward with plenty of underage success and the senior team now in division one with a fairly young team. I don't think yesterday's game means all is doom and gloom again. Remember, that wasn't a bad Tyrone team.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Tyrone will now face the irresistible force that is Tipperary.  Having taken out the Dubs and Cork, they are a serious outfit with the momentum to win that all ireland. If Tipp can cope with the title of being massive favourites they will be very difficult to beat.  Cant wait to see their star players.  What a great story it could be...

Aaron Boone

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 08:20:24 AM
Tyrone will now face the irresistible force that is Tipperary.  Having taken out the Dubs and Cork, they are a serious outfit with the momentum to win that all ireland. If Tipp can cope with the title of being massive favourites they will be very difficult to beat.  Cant wait to see their star players.  What a great story it could be...
Tyrone are actually favourites with the bookies, 8/11.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 19, 2015, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 08:20:24 AM
Tyrone are actually favourites with the bookies, 8/11.

What do they know? Sure Tipp were 3/1 and Tyrone 5/2 yesterday.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2015, 07:58:07 AM

Calm down! One bad game doesn't undo all the positive things that appear to be going on in the county. From an outsider looking in, Roscommon seem to be one of the counties that are making massive strides forward with plenty of underage success and the senior team now in division one with a fairly young team. I don't think yesterday's game means all is doom and gloom again. Remember, that wasn't a bad Tyrone team.

I'd wonder. Ganquin has a small army with him at minor this year and likewise they were plenty of folks at U16 too last year. Where exactly are the corners being cut? It's not like the Minor CB ever had an astronomical budget to begin with. Didn't we send the lads into Applegreens for burgers and chips after one of our minor AISFs..

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 18, 2015, 10:00:48 PM
Next thinh seafoid will be along belittling Ros's efforts outside Connacht. All Irelands are very hard won. Only caught the last 15 mins on tv, but Tyrone took some lovely scores. Ros laboured with theirs. Tyrone backs on top for most of the bit I saw.

They are, Farra.  It depends on what teams learn from losses.
It's all about incremental progress.
Building a winning mentality in Ros will take time.
But it would be great to see and better than blind optimism. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU