All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringfort

Horrible. To think I used to play wing forward underage 15 years ago and never crossed in to the defensive half of the field!!

Of course against this modern day tactical stuff it is pure naivity but once we got the ball around the middle or the forwards it was turn quick and let it in to the FF line....

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2015, 10:12:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2015, 10:04:13 PM
To get back to the U 21 Championship..,......
I suppose Dublin will bate Tipp  handy enough while us and the Tys  could go either way.
Should be a good crowd in Markypark while Tullamore will be virtually deserted.

Let's call a spade a spade all the pressure is on Roscommon to win the u21 this year. You're under exactly the same pressure we were last year and it's not as easy as it looks
Spade? you are certainly digging for a reaction now  :D

Pressure which is mostly for tyres was on us in the Connacht final last Saturday, away to Galway having not beaten them at this level since 1999 & have never in our history won back to back Connacht U21 titles

Since 2010 the team that beat us (Galway twice Dublin three times) has won that All Ireland so if Tyrone win next Saturday it might be worth putting a few euro on them.

P.S hard luck to CBS today a good effort against a fine side. Those looking in from the outside probably don't realise how far CBS have come. Last year CBS were Connacht B level & were knocked out in the 1st round well beaten. Their management took the brave decision to compete at A level. The improvement is all down to solid defensive system & they won their first Connacht A title since 1998 & reached their first ever Hogan cup final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

JoG2

Quote from: Zulu on April 11, 2015, 10:15:52 PM
https://vimeo.com/123992616 Jesus wept!

holy mo. Number 10 near went for it at a stage and then thought better of it!

LeoMc

Quote from: JoG2 on April 11, 2015, 10:47:34 PM

holy mo. Number 10 near went for it at a stage and then thought better of it!
I saw that St Eunans side against Pats Cavan in the QF and it was more of the same, they never left their own 40 even when well behind in a knock out game.

BennyHarp

That's indefensible, however, it is a bunch of kids whose understanding of the gameplan they are playing has gone to shite altogether. As you have no doubt gathered, I have no problem with defensive plans, pulling men back etc, but what I've consistently said is that team MUST also attack in waves and get men forward when in possession. That's the aspect of the defensive system that teams seem to forget or maybe, not even work on. I agree, when teams do not apply the attacking aspect to the gameplan it is just a mess.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

I knew St Pats Armagh were winning nothing the last while because there were too many Tyrone teachers coaching them!

Zulu

Please Benny stop. When your defence is that a bunch of kids don't understand the game plan then you've lost the argument. Schools football should be devoid of that shite.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ringfort

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 11, 2015, 11:09:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 11, 2015, 11:04:40 PM
Please Benny stop. When your defence is that a bunch of kids don't understand the game plan then you've lost the argument. Schools football should be devoid of that shite.

Was I defending that? Read my first sentence again there. My point is that it's not always the tactics that's the problem, it's the way in which they are implemented and a defensive system with no thought to attack is wrong and will lead to shite games and this is more likely the lower down the grades we go. Though, I've seen plenty of shite games where both teams kick the ball loads.

Did you not watch the clip through to the end??? I know it was difficult! Eunans eventually turned it over the second the other crowd ran into their blanket, stormed up the field and had it popped over the bar in a matter of seconds. Their tactics worked perfectly. They sat patient, didn't foul (not even putting a hand in!!!), smothered the opposition and burst up the field at pace resulting in a quick score. Absolute bolox of a style but within the rules. Those coaches need brought out and shot. Feck them.

Shrewdness

Does anyone know yet who the referee will be for Ros v Tyrone. Whilst we welcome Sligo as the venue, we certainly don't want a Sligo referee!!..The reality is, this is going to be a difficult match for Ros. But you'd expect nothing else from an All Ireland Semi Final. We got a monkey off our back by beating Galway, but we need to get rid of the Tyrone monkey. Our recent record against them at Senior and underage is not good. They'll be well organised and will have their homework done on us..This game could be the exact opposite to the scorefests we witnessed against Sligo and Galway, where we scored a combined 9-32..

Jinxy

Both Duffys are down for it.
One in each half.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Throw ball on April 11, 2015, 11:00:00 PM

I knew St Pats Armagh were winning nothing the last while because there were too many Tyrone teachers coaching them!

"The death of Gaelic Football" Exhibit A....f**k me. Did Jerome Quinn get his journalism training from joe Brolly? What a load of w**k.
So anyway, these u21s....