All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 11, 2015, 12:23:45 PM
nrico the best team at not playing football won in 2013 minor, my original post pointed this out, now if you want to take match results(and maybe thats all that matters) Tyrone may be slightly ahead over the last couple of meetings but as regards footballers in our team and lads who go out to play the game well Ros are a mile ahead, ulster teams have destroyed our game (except Down), have turned people away and televisions off with cynicle  tactics and unsporting conduct, I see richie is denying doing the gooch when the whole country saw what was going on and maybe ye have 3 senior all-irelands but along with Donegals and Armaghs medals the shine is tainted at the expense of the game of football that we all love.

I'd say you know loads about the footballers in the Tyrone team to make that claim alright.  ???
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

nrico the best team at not playing football won in 2013 minor, my original post pointed this out, now if you want to take match results(and maybe thats all that matters) Tyrone may be slightly ahead over the last couple of meetings but as regards footballers in our team and lads who go out to play the game well Ros are a mile ahead, ulster teams have destroyed our game (except Down), have turned people away and televisions off with cynicle  tactics and unsporting conduct, I see richie is denying doing the gooch when the whole country saw what was going on and maybe ye have 3 senior all-irelands but along with Donegals and Armaghs medals the shine is tainted at the expense of the game of football that we all love.

Aye fair play to Down for resisting the temptation to play men behind the ball. Down still play the game the right way.

It's a pity the others wouldn't do the same.

:o

Throw ball

And we all know what they say about opinions.

tiempo

Quote from: orangeman on April 11, 2015, 03:37:06 PM

Aye fair play to Down for resisting the temptation to play men behind the ball. Down still play the game the right way.

It's a pity the others wouldn't do the same.

:o

Poor oul Fermanagh and Antrim dragged into the mire i see.
Funny thing about analysis these days, expert or otherwise, its impossible to tell the difference between the wind up merchant, flippant comment, amadan and genius.
Way out to the fresh air the lot of ye.

Syferus

I wouldn't give two fúcks about boo boys if we won the amount of AIs Tyrone have by playing way they did. I doubt they do either. Sure CBS got the 'puke' treatment from Radio Kerry today, this a county that won last year's AI by imitating Donegal.

Lots of hypocrisy in the GAA. All we should be worried about is how to beat Tyrone on Saturday.

Fear ón Srath Bán

An idiot is missing his village (with apologies to all decent Ros folk over the age of 10)! :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Black Mamba

Look if people had the choice to either lose playing good football or win playing ugly, I'm sure most would go with the latter.

Syferus

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 11, 2015, 06:03:45 PM
Look if people had the choice to either lose playing good football or win playing ugly, I'm sure most would go with the latter.

I remember Spillane before he learnt 'puke' sneeringly calling the way we played 'glamour football'. It's all one big rigged game to create noise.

Zulu

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 11, 2015, 06:03:45 PM

Problem is many people seem to be happy to see their team lose ugly without ever trying to win playing good football.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

Rossfan, it's a daft question to ask if you'd rather lose playing good football or win playing ugly as it's the same thing as asking if you'd rather win or lose? However, Tyrone posters have been defending their defensive football while getting relegated, some lads are defending Roscommon CBS today who lost, Donegal posters defend Donegal who haven't won an All Ireland over the past two years and won't win it this year so supporters seem to be defending ultra negative football while losing. The mass defence stuff has been figured out and I don't think you'll see anyone win anything of note playing that way anymore yet some people seem to defend it even when it no longer gets results so I'm presuming they are fine with losing as long as it's a by a bit less than if they went for it.

Syferus

It must be nice not supporting teams. Looking at a sport as some sort of curio to be admired or maligned. It's not reality.

I wouldn't want any team I support not to give themselves the very best chance to win because of aesthetics.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on April 11, 2015, 08:39:57 PM
Rossfan, it's a daft question to ask if you'd rather lose playing good football or win playing ugly as it's the same thing as asking if you'd rather win or lose? However, Tyrone posters have been defending their defensive football while getting relegated, some lads are defending Roscommon CBS today who lost, Donegal posters defend Donegal who haven't won an All Ireland over the past two years and won't win it this year so supporters seem to be defending ultra negative football while losing. The mass defence stuff has been figured out and I don't think you'll see anyone win anything of note playing that way anymore yet some people seem to defend it even when it no longer gets results so I'm presuming they are fine with losing as long as it's a by a bit less than if they went for it.

This thread is going down the same route of about 10 other threads but anyway, Zulu, if you were in charge of Offaly or Longford going to Croke Park to play the Dubs in the first round of the Leinster Championship. How would you set the team up?
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Yeah that's it alright  ::) ::) ::) But sure lets reduce the game to win at all costs and prioritise the short term satisfaction of a few while not worrying about the game overall. Unlike you, I played and coached the game from the lowest to the highest levels and I'm concerned about the direction the game is going. I completely understand why a coach might employ certain tactics but they are no longer particularly effective so they only serve to produce poor games without the payoff of a result.

Zulu

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 11, 2015, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 11, 2015, 08:39:57 PM

This thread is going down the same route of about 10 other threads but anyway, Zulu, if you were in charge of Offaly or Longford going to Croke Park to play the Dubs in the first round of the Leinster Championship. How would you set the team up?

I'm not sure Benny though I might well set up defensively to give my team a better chance but Offaly or Longford are recently promoted division 4 sides. If I was managing Tyrone or Donegal I certainly wouldn't get 14 behind the ball as those teams can do as well by being more adventurous than that.