The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Jesus Christ, can you imagine if Aidan O'Shea was at something like this - RTE and Indo would have a field day
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tubberman on May 19, 2017, 11:17:04 PM
Jesus Christ, can you imagine if Aidan O'Shea was at something like this - RTE and Indo would have a field day

I doubt Tubridy would know who he was.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2017, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on May 19, 2017, 11:09:18 PM
Jaysus should that child not be in bed.
If I was that age and my granny was on the Late Late, I'd be up.

I'd say them Blacks will have a bit of craic after the show and over the weekend, you can't beat the Antrim blood.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

I wonder which brain box on the Late Late came up with this last night.
The Aristocrat Years

Denn Forever

I'd loved to be at that prduction meeting??
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

GJL

f**king joke of an organisation. 😡

yellowcard

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 02, 2017, 12:18:38 PM
I wonder which brain box on the Late Late came up with this last night.

That is some joke. That show is well past it's sell by date.

Seany

Why would anyone be surprised?

A few years ago, the LLS did a GAA 125 Special. A complete car crash of a programme which underlined totally how Dublin fouresque the whole operation is. They brought on Brush Shields as some sort of GAA hero and him singing Fields of Athenry, a Rugby song and then he proceded to tell Plank Kelly that he hadn't been at a GAA match in five years, but sure he looked like a bogman, so he ticked the GAA box.  Kenny then goaded Dara O Se with a picture of Tyrone winning the All ireland. Why and how Dara didnt bust him there and then is anyone's guess. They finished off with that red haired singer Tommy Fleming singing that awful Croke Park departure dirge ...'And May we Never Have to Say Goodbye'.  If anyone was doing a dissertation on how far removed the RTE management is from the ordinary plain people of Ireland, that programme is a perfect case study for them. And remember - our national broadcaster and our national game on a significant anniversary in a tribute programme. In a normal society, they should have been able to do it with their eyes closed, but this is RTE and that map is the epitome of the attitude that exists there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Seany on September 02, 2017, 02:31:26 PM
Why would anyone be surprised?

A few years ago, the LLS did a GAA 125 Special. A complete car crash of a programme which underlined totally how Dublin fouresque the whole operation is. They brought on Brush Shields as some sort of GAA hero and him singing Fields of Athenry, a Rugby song and then he proceded to tell Plank Kelly that he hadn't been at a GAA match in five years, but sure he looked like a bogman, so he ticked the GAA box.  Kenny then goaded Dara O Se with a picture of Tyrone winning the All ireland. Why and how Dara didnt bust him there and then is anyone's guess. They finished off with that red haired singer Tommy Fleming singing that awful Croke Park departure dirge ...'And May we Never Have to Say Goodbye'.  If anyone was doing a dissertation on how far removed the RTE management is from the ordinary plain people of Ireland, that programme is a perfect case study for them. And remember - our national broadcaster and our national game on a significant anniversary in a tribute programme. In a normal society, they should have been able to do it with their eyes closed, but this is RTE and that map is the epitome of the attitude that exists there.

RTE do their Annual 'Complete car crash of a programme' every year. It's called 'Up for the Match'.

Captain Scarlet

Ah here Up for the Match has it's own little place in niceness. It is shite but it's the garnd sum of two hours of harmless TV.
However, I think the prime time no1 show on TV needs to raise it.
Jon Snow had a very interesting viral speech on how the media live in a bubble and don't actually deal with real people anymore. Even getting in the door as a culchie in RTE you would soon live in South County Dublin, send your kids to fee paying schools and generally assimilate to all their cultural norms.
Then the simple country fold get thrown the odd bone with a GAA star interviewed, or Nathan Carter or someone similar. That keeps us happy!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Seany

Watching it now. It's actually not a bad programme. Like the Eurovision and Rose of Tralee, it is one of those things that has moved past all the stages and is now at iconic, post ironic status.

Minder

Ah come on it's brutal, can't even bring myself to watch it anymore. Des presenting is just the tin hat
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dougal Maguire

Tubridy is a talentless tool and a classic example oh how RTE is such a closed shop. How does an ordinary person get an opportunity to audition?  Do they advertise or what?
Careful now

Orior

Any response yet from RTE on the complete and utter insult to the northern Irish?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Horse Box

Quote from: Orior on September 03, 2017, 01:17:41 PM
Any response yet from RTE on the complete and utter insult to the northern Irish?

Any response yet from RTE on the complete and utter insult to the Irish ?