Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Going for a high scoring unpredictable game,  5-3 Utd is 66/1 5-3 Leeds is 150/1!

Couple of those variations based on both teams inability to defend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2020, 03:32:41 PM
Going for a high scoring unpredictable game,  5-3 Utd is 66/1 5-3 Leeds is 150/1!

Couple of those variations based on both teams inability to defend

James starting would not inspire me. Obviously rotating a bit for the busy period. He has been poor for quite a while now but let's hope he finds form today.

Nanderson

He reminds me of a corner back whos got a chance through on goal. Always shites the bed. Just mustn't have much confidence in his finishing ability

Cunny Funt

As routine of a home win as it comes. Leeds full value for their 2 goals but they are hopeless defensively and TBH Man United really should have scored 10 goals in that match.

Two years yesterday since Ole arrived as manager. 11 points off 4th then and now 3rd just 1 point off 2nd with a game in hand. Clear progress made.

Maroon Manc

Tactically Ole got it spot on yesterday and has done so plenty of games the last 12 months mainly when teams are prepared to attack United. He gets absolutely no credit for anything he does in this department whereas the likes of Lampard & Arteta are untouchable in the media. I want to see more of that from McTominay, technically he's a far better player then most realise but he takes the safe option on the ball far too often and it needs to change; Look at the way he took those 2 goals, the 2nd in particular was a brilliant bit of skill.

Results have been excellent in the league the last few months but Ole is never too far away from being under pressure, perhaps I've got it wrong but don't see how you can really win big trophies by changing formation/tactics from one week to the next and that what is happening currently. Ole has done a better job then most give him credit for but its totally reasonable for fans to be concerned about whether he'll take United to the next level as he doesn't have a track record from a decent league.

Cunny Funt

Good nights work to win against a tricky opponent after making nine changes to the starting line up. Manchester Derby semi final again but this time one match instead of the usual 2 legs in this competition. Lucky Jose got Brentford.

Jeepers Creepers

A stroke of luck is the only way utd would have scored tonight and they got it. Very lethargic from utd and Wolves had them well sussed. Looked a bit more dangerous when Pogba pushed up. Up to 2nd, snakes and ladders continues.

Cunny Funt

Football is a funny old game, against Leicester United deserved 3 points but let down by lapses in concentration and individual errors. Tonight deserved no more than a point against a Wolves side that have proved to be a real bogey team for United since Ferguson retired.

Up to 2nd just 2 points off 1st with the same games played a good improvement from January 1st When United was 5th 24 points off 1st having played two games more.

Ethan Tremblay

Agreed, some games you deserve to win and get nothing, others you deserve to lose and get something.  A winner deep into injury time shows a bit of fight to the death spirit about them which is great. 

Any manager at a top club will be under constant pressure, and inexperienced Ole at United seems to be under the microscope more than others so good to see him thriving at the moment.

They had 9 games in December which is a tough run also, with their only 2 losses coming in Europe, so domestically they seem to be in a good place. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Maroon Manc

4 points a fair reflection from xmas so far, should have beaten Leicester with the chances we missed; Nothing beats an injury time winner even more so given it was undeserved.

I really hope I'm proved wrong with Ole but United have to improve at home and start to create more chances if we're to continue winning games. I don't think United pressed Wolves as much as they should have done last night but its clearly going to be easier to do that with Fred/McTominay in the middle as opposed to Matic/Pogba. I think its clear United need more work on the training ground to work on it but with so many matches its going to be difficult to get the time he needs.

Shaw has upped his game since Telles came in and Bailly has done well the last 3 games, there's a decent player in there if he could just stay fit but his next injury is probably only weeks away; I saw a stat earlier that Bailly & Maguire have 8 clean sheets from the last 11 games they've played together.

Another tough game against Villa who's away from has been brilliant, they've taken 16 points from 21 on the road. Villa will have had an extra days rest but don't have the depth of quality in squad to make that many changes, hope United start Fred, McTominay, VDB & Martial.

GJL

3 match suspension for Cavani. Only misses one league match though so not too bad. Given the context it is all a bit OTT.

Cunny Funt

Boycey

The Doc and his young team were my formative United years, I absolutely worshipped them... He was a fiery, colourful character I often wonder what path United would have taken had he not been sacked

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on December 31, 2020, 05:20:04 PM
The Doc and his young team were my formative United years, I absolutely worshipped them... He was a fiery, colourful character I often wonder what path United would have taken had he not been sacked

Well he certainly didn't help himself on the sacking! Colourful manager and period when I also started to show interest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: GJL on December 31, 2020, 03:32:36 PM
3 match suspension for Cavani. Only misses one league match though so not too bad. Given the context it is all a bit OTT.
Well, after all, the football authorities have the prerogative to belatedly eavesdrop into a conversation conducted in a foreign language in the context of a "foreign" culture and  proportion guilt of extreme offense to a statement made by Cavani that was never intended to offend, but only made to  acknowledge praise with charm. Sometimes the ugly perceived, is in the eyes of the beholder