The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

sid waddell

Quote from: gallsman on November 04, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
Georgia very much in play again for Biden. About 400k still to be counted, Trump's lead down to 68k.
Photo finish there

I suspect Biden might just have enough to dig it out by the skin of his teeth

Not just metro Atlanta but Savannah, also counties that Trump has a moderate lead in should produce a gain for Biden

GJL

It's obvious now that Biden has won. (Thankfully). The interesting thing now will be how Trump reacts. Will he keep the protest going even after the numbers are announced or will be concede. I've images of him being dragged out of the WH in a straight jacket.

sid waddell

Quote from: GJL on November 04, 2020, 10:41:19 PM
It's obvious now that Biden has won. (Thankfully). The interesting thing now will be how Trump reacts. Will he keep the protest going even after the numbers are announced or will be concede. I've images of him being dragged out of the WH in a straight jacket.
I genuinely hope that happens

It would humiliate the whole Republican party forever, it would prove once and for all the total and utter contempt for democracy and the total retreat into a fantasy world of la la that has consumed the Republican party

Trumpism as a political force would be dead

It would still exist but would wither away

Trump's spectre will haunt the Republican party for a long time, I think

They stood idly by and enabled a fascist child emperor who made the US the laughing stock of the world

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Eamonnca1

I wish you were right, Sid, but sadly I don't think we've heard the last of the poisonous ideology that spawned Trump. His dumpster fire of a presidency was a symptom of the problem, not the cause. And since we seem to have fallen short of taking back the Senate it looks like Biden is going to be kneecapped from the start. McConnell will block everything for the next two years, Fox News and the rest of the RWNJ media machine will blame the "do-nothing Democrats" for it, and the Dems could lose the house in 2022 and potentially another SCOTUS seat. The period of minority rule is not over yet, not by a long way.

Obama had a two-year "Skywalker" window in which to get things done, and I'm glad he got at least some sort of healthcare reform through. Biden's not going to be able to do a damn thing other than executive orders and foreign policy.

Stand by for Fox News to revert to anti-executive-order mode and the Rethuglicans to revert to deficit hawks. The national debt is about to become their number one concern all of a sudden.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: dec on November 04, 2020, 11:11:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2020, 11:10:36 PM
Can Trump run for office again?
Yes. He has only had one term so far.

He'll be holding rallies for the next four years, starting in January, and probably even sooner. Just you wait.

Milltown Row2

And providing how Biden goes, he'll have a chance!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Just go to any thread in the GAA section where Tyrone has just lost a championship game and you can a fair idea of what a Trump reaction will  look like.

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 04, 2020, 11:15:11 PM
I wish you were right, Sid, but sadly I don't think we've heard the last of the poisonous ideology that spawned Trump. His dumpster fire of a presidency was a symptom of the problem, not the cause. And since we seem to have fallen short of taking back the Senate it looks like Biden is going to be kneecapped from the start. McConnell will block everything for the next two years, Fox News and the rest of the RWNJ media machine will blame the "do-nothing Democrats" for it, and the Dems could lose the house in 2022 and potentially another SCOTUS seat. The period of minority rule is not over yet, not by a long way.

Obama had a two-year "Skywalker" window in which to get things done, and I'm glad he got at least some sort of healthcare reform through. Biden's not going to be able to do a damn thing other than executive orders and foreign policy.

Stand by for Fox News to revert to anti-executive-order mode and the Rethuglicans to revert to deficit hawks. The national debt is about to become their number one concern all of a sudden.
All of this will happen, but Trump will not win in 2024 if he runs again

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead within a year though

Tony Baloney

Yes but I'd say they'll line up one of the offspring.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2020, 11:33:43 PM
Just go to any thread in the GAA section where Tyrone has just lost a championship game and you can a fair idea of what a Trump reaction will  look like.
;D ;D

gallsman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on November 04, 2020, 11:39:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 04, 2020, 11:35:26 PM
Yes but I'd say they'll line up one of the offspring.

Surely not.
Would hope not. The debt collectors will be round for him in a few days so he could be even more bankrupt by '24.