The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 02, 2020, 12:14:17 AM
LOL - because one comment on a message board is going to make any difference  ;D

Clicked on the Jolene Bunting comment and then decided to follow her... she blocked me within 5 minutes!!!

Roesider

I see Trump had a rally in Pittsburgh and have been exaggerating the crowd sizes as usual. Media trying to point to the fracking comments causing a surge in Trump voters. The dishonestly is going to continue up until tomorrow to try convince Biden voters it's not worth bothering turning up.
Add that to the voter intimidation going on all over the country - we are seeing bully tactics that were used in 2016.

Thankfully the Hunter Biden hoax has been contained and isn't going to be a factor. Fox news have been shameless recently and should be punished for their fake news.

pbat

Does the senate and congress change immediately after election or everything change on inauguration day?

If Trump loses can he pass bat shit crazy policies between Tuesday and and the 20th January?

Roesider

Quote from: pbat on November 02, 2020, 09:55:59 AM
Does the senate and congress change immediately after election or everything change on inauguration day?

If Trump loses can he pass bat shit crazy policies between Tuesday and and the 20th January?

There is a transition period but he is still in place until Biden's inauguration

I think they will need to monitor his communications after election day to ensure that he doesn't go nuclear and send off info to Putin and his pal in North Korea. The things he accused Obama of will be exactly his playbook to try cripple the Biden administration.

five points

Quote from: Roesider on November 02, 2020, 10:04:36 AM
There is a transition period but he is still in place until Biden's inauguration

The presumption here is gas. Nothing learned since 2016.

sid waddell

Quote from: pbat on November 02, 2020, 09:55:59 AM

Senate and House changes on January 1st

However there are a couple of seats that would change quicker than that - November 30th I think - because the current incumbents were appointed rather than elected

The Arizona seat where Democrat Mark Kelly is favoured to beat Republican Martha McSally is one

One of the Georgia seats is another I think - there are two Georgia senate seats in play tomorrow

Trump can certainly ramp up the damage to the US even more in the transition period should he lose

The forced retirement of Clarence Thomas from the Supreme Court and his replacement with a younger crony is one mooted possibility but that could depend on the Arizona and Georgia senate results - still, you wouldn't put it past them to sneak this in by the end of November

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 01, 2020, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 01, 2020, 11:16:11 PM
the boul' Jolene Bunting as well is all out for him

https://twitter.com/mkoconnor29/status/1320806511854190592

Maybe she's holding out for a communications director post. I've never seen unionism/loyalism endorse a US election candidate like this and we all know the reason why. Its because Biden is one of themuns.
The DUP's fanatical support for Trump is very little to do with Biden being a Catholic

They support Trump because he has brought about the fantasy world of make believe and fake victimhood that the DUP truly desire - a retreat into a fever dream of 19th century dinosauristic fascism

But the Catholic/Protestant thing in the US has all but disappeared - the right-wing Catholic establishment in the US and the evangelical right are as crazy as each other, and they now rely on each other to push a common agenda

The DUP are the white, evangelical Protestant right-wing who are attempting to cling to power against the "eternal threat" of an imagined Godless yet Catholic eternal enemy

But in America, the Catholic establishment are essentially part of the white, evangelical Protestant right-wing

The DUP oppose Biden because he isn't part of that Catholic, right-wing establishment and believes in a secular society

They oppose him because they see him as not being Catholic enough

But they love Mike Pence and Amy Coney Barrett and William Barr, who are very Catholic

rory

So anyone fancy a prediction. I really think Trump will win with maybe one state less than last time. Polls seem to be tightening and recent history shows that the polls skew left.
Hope I'm wrong but I fear 4 more years of Trump.

Roesider

Biden to win by a large margin of electoral college votes although the swing states will be tight.

naka

biden to win big on the electoral college vote
trump to take proceedings in Nevada, ohio, pennsylvania alleging voter fraud

brokencrossbar1

Unless it's a landslide win Trump will not go quietly. Even with a landslide win I reckon he will make life as difficult as possible for Biden to take over from him and wouldn't be surprised if he raises some constitutional crisis or other. I genuinely believe that anything other than a Trump win will see chaos

Rudi

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2020, 01:01:38 PM
Unless it's a landslide win Trump will not go quietly. Even with a landslide win I reckon he will make life as difficult as possible for Biden to take over from him and wouldn't be surprised if he raises some constitutional crisis or other. I genuinely believe that anything other than a Trump win will see chaos

I can see the same thing happening on here if Trump wins. Absolute chaos on gaaboard.  ;D

five points

Trump to win, by a big enough margin that it's over by Wednesday morning.

Taylor

No winner to be announced until December

J70

Hopefully Biden win confirmed by Thursday night