Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: gotthereb4u on May 20, 2010, 12:01:49 AM
Probabaly the poorest refereeing display i've ever seen at Harps killeavy match. Actually couldn't believe it. Put me off football the carry-on he was at 2nite

On that note then I think its important to commend the ref in the Clans v Cross game - he let a good game flow with only minor disruption. Best refereeing performance Ive seen in a while (To be honest that isnt hard in our county)

The only blot on his copy book is the yellow card he showed to Jamie Clarke in the first half for blatantly kicking a fellow to the ground off the ball under his nose!

Only hes on the County senior team he would have seen red - which incidently would have totally guaranteed Clans a 15 point win!!

illdecide

There was a cub playing for Cross last night wearing no15 with blond hair and he seems like a good we player, I'd have bet money on it that he was the lad that came on sub for Armagh minors on sunday with about 5 mins to go...could someone confirm (as me and Jimmy smyth we having this dispute/discussion last night at the game)

On the game itself the Clans dominated the first half and should have been 10 up at half time, the first 5-10 mins of the second half the Clans held their own and then that was it...all Cross from then on, even when the game went to Extra Time the Cross totally dominated the game. If Clans had have taken their chances in the first half it wouldn't have went to extra time but they didn't and they're out. Good luck to the Cross in the next round.

As for refereeing it was one of the worst displays I've ever seen and i reckon he gave the clans 70% of the decisions, there were times some of the Cross lads were fouled and it was so obvious and blatant that a blind man could have seen it (pull of a jersey and/or high tackle etc) and how he didn't give the Cross free kicks and yellow cards to clans men was unbelievable ??? There were a few missed for the clans too but for me he gave the Cross very little last night and was shocking poor
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mhacadoir

Middletown beat Keady 3-10 to 1-5. They play Wolfe Tones in the Q/F next

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on May 20, 2010, 09:33:27 AM
There was a cub playing for Cross last night wearing no15 with blond hair and he seems like a good we player, I'd have bet money on it that he was the lad that came on sub for Armagh minors on sunday with about 5 mins to go...could someone confirm (as me and Jimmy smyth we having this dispute/discussion last night at the game)

On the game itself the Clans dominated the first half and should have been 10 up at half time, the first 5-10 mins of the second half the Clans held their own and then that was it...all Cross from then on, even when the game went to Extra Time the Cross totally dominated the game. If Clans had have taken their chances in the first half it wouldn't have went to extra time but they didn't and they're out. Good luck to the Cross in the next round.

As for refereeing it was one of the worst displays I've ever seen and i reckon he gave the clans 70% of the decisions, there were times some of the Cross lads were fouled and it was so obvious and blatant that a blind man could have seen it (pull of a jersey and/or high tackle etc) and how he didn't give the Cross free kicks and yellow cards to clans men was unbelievable ??? There were a few missed for the clans too but for me he gave the Cross very little last night and was shocking poor

Refreshing to see someone acknowledge that the ref was on their side!!  Eiregotran basically reiterated what you said over on the Armagh site. 

Obviously Jamie seemed to be the stand out player but how did Franny play.  He is a serious talent if he keeps his head.

IVEDECIDED

Jamie Clarke did nothing for the first 2/3 of the game but what he did the rest of the time was the reason Cross won the game. Franny was your best player I thought he was in it from the start and when Clans took their foot off the pedal he capitalised big time and began to dominate allowing Jmaie to florish.

Obviously I totally disagree with illdecide on the referee. I know the incident that is prompting this when Jamie had the shirt pulled off him and nothing given (I was shocked at it too) but this was one incident in many. For a start it should have been impossible for anyone to pull his shirt unless they were doing it on the sideline!

On the whole he let the game flow and the incidents that are being talked about occured for both teams!

thewanderer

JAMIE DID NOTHIN BUT SCORED 2/6. dont worry the best team left is st. pats. as u said to me earlier if you dont take ur chances u dont win. ps i heard the ref was good in ur game who was he?

flog the lot

good win for st pats last nite over Corrahill Blues,
think final score was 4-13 to 0-8

thewanderer

by the way ill ur mathematics isnt up to scratch. beat by 5/6.  3/19 to 2/14 who wer clans best players. harps would be that strong this year

IVEDECIDED

I said he did nothing for 2/3 then ran the show! Think the refs name was Devlin. And your right if you dont take your chances you dont win - im not complaining im just saying it was very unlucky.

However im very heartened by the performance of several of the players. At the end of the day its not the end of the world if you dont win the U21 championship (Easily the least prioritized competition) I saw enough of some players last night to suggest a distinguished senior career and that my friends is what it is all about!!

IVEDECIDED

By the way Im nealry certain that score is wrong - I believe there was 3 in it then clarke scored a goal leaving it cross by 6.

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on May 20, 2010, 11:20:05 AM
By the way Im nealry certain that score is wrong - I believe there was 3 in it then clarke scored a goal leaving it cross by 6.

There was 8 in saan...Cross scored 1-02 in the last minute of extra time...But as you say i seen enough last night too to say that we can get a good few of them lads into senior and be good enough to keep us in the top level. the clans full back line are all still minor and i'd be fairly certain majority of that team have another few years at U21 level

Ulick

Providing they survive unscathed after discovering the wine.

lurganblue

On the game last night. Yes the clans should have been well in front at half time and yes they completely quit after scoring their second goal and going seven points up. I also thought the cross were robbed by the ref with a number of obvious fouls not being called.

The clans had a number of very good performance all over the pitch but seemed to be dead on their feet with ten or so mins left. Only looked to be one winner. There is a ruthlessness that our teams need to learn

Jamie Clarke was excellent and rarely missed a kick. Very hard to mark. I cannot comment on the incident where he got a yellow as I didn't see what happened. Others around me said he should have went and the ref bottled it...

thewanderer

Best wishes to Clonmore gaa club on sunday with the offical opening of their new facilities. Its great credit to them coming from such a small catchment area to have continued the progress. Well done to Kevin and all the members of the club and lets hope they get a great turnout from all armagh people. ps hope some of u clans men go the short distance to offer ur support.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on May 21, 2010, 10:30:51 AM
Best wishes to Clonmore gaa club on sunday with the offical opening of their new facilities. Its great credit to them coming from such a small catchment area to have continued the progress. Well done to Kevin and all the members of the club and lets hope they get a great turnout from all armagh people. ps hope some of u clans men go the short distance to offer ur support.

We play Cruppin on sunday (re-fixture from the game Austin broke the jaw) although if the times suit i could be persuaded to go