Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

So if you are all to be believed then, there would be a fairly significant difference bewteen the training field lights that we have(even when they have a full set of bulbs working, which isn't always guaranteed) and the lights in Enniskillen.  That being the case, the request by us for use of the lights to adjust to playing under these lights is not that unreasonable.  I wonder if Ballinderry had any issue with this in Derry, I don't know and am wondering if they have good lights or if the were allowed to train in the likes of Ownebeg???i think it is called.

amigo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 27, 2008, 10:06:03 AM
So if you are all to be believed then, there would be a fairly significant difference bewteen the training field lights that we have(even when they have a full set of bulbs working, which isn't always guaranteed) and the lights in Enniskillen.  That being the case, the request by us for use of the lights to adjust to playing under these lights is not that unreasonable.  I wonder if Ballinderry had any issue with this in Derry, I don't know and am wondering if they have good lights or if the were allowed to train in the likes of Ownebeg???i think it is called.

I think Ballinderry got new floodlights last year! They might have held a McKenna Cup game under them if memory serves me right!!

illdecide

Well most new lights installed within the last 2 -3 years would be a very high spec as most of the clubs are spending big on lights and i'd say a good few would be capable of hosting inter-county matches. As someone mentioned before the lights for matches on TV must be a certain specification which most other clubs won't need to worry about so that's why the county grounds are lit up like daylight...Hurling gets a higher spec than football because of the ball being smaller and moving at much faster speeds.

so your answer BC1 is that Brewster Park and the Athletic Grounds would be lit up to the same spec hence Cross looking to train on it...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 27, 2008, 09:53:40 AM
I seen you up an cherry picker one day saan getting the lux blew of ya.

If you could have seen the lux they were giving you from the ground. :D :D :D

Easy you...i remember that and it was the next moring after our annual dinner and the hangover with that cherry picker swaying like a bucking bronco was too much...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

It was the week before i was talking about when the picker had to be sent back. Sure i wasn't at the annual din dins
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DoYerJob Linesman

We have new lights in Ballinderry, and they are a great job.

I am almost certain that Ballinderry trained in the Athletic Grounds the week before our semi final with Cavan Gaels.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

SidelineKick

I thought training wasn't allowed on the Athletic Grounds?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

winsamsoon

Now ins't this interesting. If ballinderry were allowed to train in the Athletic grounds and they were refusing the Cross this would be typical of the county board.

Personally i think all Gaa resources should be available to all sections within the GAA. The grounds are maintained by the people of certain clubs but surely it is part of the gaelic ethos that what belongs to one should be used by another (within reason). Or am i failing to realise that the GAA is becoming more and more like a business every day.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The GAA

There's either a stipulation or at least an understanding that teams can get on a session on a neutral venue they are due to play on. this wouldn't apply in this case to cross

corn02

But would still be weird that they will accomadate a Derry team but would not help their own.

IVEDECIDED

I may be completely wrong here. ( I THINK IT HAPPENED ONCE BEFORE) but reading the press all week and in particular Donal Murtaghs comments - it seems to me Cross(uncharacteristically) are making excuses to lose this game. All ive heard is complaints about the lights and the timing of the game! It will be the same for Ballinderry too Donal son! :D If I was him id worry less about the wattage in light bulbs and more about the 15 snarling Derry men out to exact revenge for a farcicial final two years ago.  :o :o :o!!

DoYerJob Linesman

Confirmed, Ballinderry DID train in the Athletic Grounds on the Sunday before the semi final.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

IVEDECIDED

The difference is they were playing there the following week - Cross are playing in Enniskillen! Completely different scenario lads.

SidelineKick

Its the fact that the Armagh county chairman (I think it was him) said they "do not allow teams to train here, club or county"
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

corn02

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on November 27, 2008, 03:04:41 PM
Confirmed, Ballinderry DID train in the Athletic Grounds on the Sunday before the semi final.

Doesn't matter if playing the following wee kor whatever. The county board should be making provisions for their team (Cross). Their argument about no training in the Atletic Grounds is redudant and foolish. Can't believe I'm standing up for Cross, I need a lie down.