Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

back off the net

mullaghban and st pats ended level with cullyhanna playing most off the game with 14 men o Casey getting sent off for something off the ball never seen it.i thought cullyhanna done well with 14 men and could have won the game in the end and again it was another great game for Mal mackin winning the mid field and his partner scoring the only goal off the game.in the 2nd half st pats took the wrong choice off ball some times in front off goal and sort off panicked a bit and just kicked it to get rid off it.i think mullaghban could have played there free man a bit better and pushed up a bit more and closed the game out but they sat back and let st pats take the game to them.Paul tonor played the swipper well and cut out the ball going into the mullaghban forwards so all in all a draw was a fair result.still some strong players to come into that st pats team ciaran o hare Liam o hare ciaran mc keever paudie mc creesh and Shane Lennon never played to day so that would be nice to sit down and pick a team with them still to come in

winsamsoon

lads any chance of someone making an attempt at posting an updated table??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

It seems every week TAM and the Dorsey lads come on here and say Mackin is playing MOTM football. Was McDonell a bit premature in dropping him. Personally when he played for Armagh I awlays thought he done better than people gave him credit for and was involved in a lot of work thatbenefited the team.

pats-mc

Mal has been outstanding in most of the games that he has played for st pats this season and I think that it is fair to say he has dug us out of a few tricky situations this season. I think that playing regular football every week has been a big help to him and has helped build his confidence up again. while involved with the county he was on the bench more often than not and only getting to play at training as well as missing most club games. However i do feel that he deserves another chance with Armagh (although it would be bad news for us). That last game that he palyed against Monaghan was harsh to judge him on as he had missed the entire pre -seaon with a groin injury and had only had an operation two weeks previous to the match.So far this season he has palyed well on Gareth O Neill David Mc Kenna Collie Holmes and last season in the club matches he was more than a match for Kieran Toner. I think that he is no worse than any of these guys who are supposed ahead of hiom in the county pecking order.

Was one of the few players on both sides yeaterday who looked a class act in an otherwise poor game of football. It was probably cullyhannas worst performance of the season and with a man sent off a point was a good result away from home.

Btw can any of the clans men confirm that we are playiong them in the all county b-league tomorrow night. i dont see a fixture anywhere but i here that the gaem is supposed to be in davitt park at 8.

corn02

Quote from: pats-mc on July 14, 2008, 01:25:15 PM
.So far this season he has palyed well on Gareth O Neill

Did Gareth play that day?

pats-mc

i stand corrected. it may have been shane o neill and vincy martin who were midfield for dromintee that day. Both fair players however.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotei stand corrected. it may have been shane o neill and vincy martin who were midfield for dromintee that day. Both fair players however.

For some reason I think Shane mighta been in the half forwards against us in the League. Wouldn't swear to it though. Mal's having an excellent season no doubt. Our player of the year so far anyway. Catches an excellent amount of clean ball and is very strong running forward.

Woulda been about 3 years ago he was partnering Sean Cavanagh at midfield for the Poly and while he wouldn't have Cavanagh's class he was certainly a good partner at midfield for the Tyrone man. I'd say he'll get another chance with Armagh at some stage.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Im not being smart, I genuinely can't remeber if Gareth was playing that day.

back off the net

mal mackin is playing on a team that only has come up from DIV 2 and not so long ago went to a play off to stay in DIV 2.on like david mc kenna who is play with 4 or 5 county players around him and making him look good martin ferris took him out off it in silver bridge in the under 21 semi final when he had no county men around him for help and he was made to look for what he is a good club man but not a county player.mal mackin has played against the best and done well with armagh so i think its armaghs lost and cullyhanna gain that he was cut from the panal in a area that they are very weak if u take out paul mc grane.when down crowded the middle kieran toner was out muscled and armagh lost mid field so to me mal is as good a partner there is to play along side mc grane on the armagh team. ( good luck to ciaran mc keever and armagh on sunday )

crossfire

Armagh Exile

Quoteon like david mc kenna who is play with 4 or 5 county players around him and making him look good martin ferris took him out off it in silver bridge in the under 21 semi final when he had no county men around him for help and he was made to look for what he is a good club man but not a county player.
Sure if McKenna was playing for Armagh he would have at least 4 or 5 county players around him.
He is a much better prospect than Mackin who has got numerous chances with the county and was not good enough to retain his place in the final panel of 35 never mind make the starting 15.
Maybe the Cullyhanna posters should remove their rose coloured glasses.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteSure if McKenna was playing for Armagh he would have at least 4 or 5 county players around him.
He is a much better prospect than Mackin who has got numerous chances with the county and was not good enough to retain his place in the final panel of 35 never mind make the starting 15.
Maybe the Cullyhanna posters should remove their rose coloured glasses.

If you have a look at what was actually said, it wasn't anybody from Cullyhanna who brought up the county panel in connection with Mal. He's had his chance with Armagh and has some good games, others not so good perhaps although he has had good games in the championship. Certainly he's been one of the better club players in the first division this year.

As for McKenna, he may make it for Armagh at some stage in the future but to be honest I think we have better options in the likes of O'Neill, Toner and James Lavery.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

I don't think McKenna is good enough yet, his timing for catching is suspect. I would actually have Mackin on the squad before him. But he is young and seems to have a good attitude, pioneer and all that, so a bit of experience and he will be flying.

illdecide

Clans v St Pats (B league) match is off tonight, not sure why but when i was in the club last night collecting my tickets for the Armagh game i was told by our Secretary that he called it off...I was looking forward to that match to blow the cobwebs out ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch