u21 championship in down

Started by downboy2011, December 13, 2011, 02:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downboy2011

who's to win, bridge or burren tonight?

DaisyCutter

Any word on how the game went tonight? I didn't get to it.

umpire

Quote from: DaisyCutter on December 13, 2011, 10:26:40 PM
Any word on how the game went tonight? I didn't get to it.

Burren 1.2 Mayobridge 2.7

Mid Down Gael

Under 21 Simi Final Replay

Kilcoo 1-20 Bryansford 2-6

Superb team performance from Kilcoo tonight who showed their true potential to destroy rivals Bryansford comprehensevly in the end. The Ford will know they missed their chance two weeks ago when our lads failed to perform and stil salvaged a draw.
The scoring power of Marty and Paul Devlin, Barry Kane and the Johnston brothers was too much for the ford defence, who lost David McKibbin to a silly and needless red card in the last quarter.
The county final will take place in Pairc Eoghan Rua on Tuesday next between Kilcoo and Mayobridge after both clubs agreed to toss for the venue. A cracking final lies ahead, the bridge likely favourites, the loss of Ciaran McClean, James McClean and Cillian Laverty to the Kilcoo side against a team the calibre of the bridge could be too much.   

umpire

Half time in U21 final
Kilcoo 0.3  Mayobridge 2.3

Kilcoo will have strong breeze in the second half

umpire

Full time
Kilcoo 1.7 Mayobridge 5.3

Mid Down Gael

Full Time

Mayobridge 5-3 Kilcoo 1-7

As the old saying goes 'goals win games'. The Bridge deservedly won on a wet windy night where they adapted better to the conditions and exploited Kilcoos shocking short passing accross our defence. 3 gifted goals and a generously awarded penalty killed off any challange our lads could throw at them.
Congratulations to the Bridge, best team won on the night where Shane McNamee gave a man of the match performance at full back imo.

umpire

Bridge and Kilcoo each scored 8 times but the bridge won by 8 !!!

DaisyCutter

Just back from Pairc Eoghain Rua where Mayobridge deservedly lifted the U21 County title on a fierce cold, wet and windy Kilcoo.
The Bridge took to the conditions far better than the magpies where their poor passing in defence dearly costing them at least 4-1 in a game where the bridge scored 5-3 in total. Mayobridge superior work rate with and without the ball overwhelmed Kilcoo for long periods with McNamee, Quinn and Gallagher were excellent throughout.
Kilcoo never got going over the 60 min period where their mistakes lost them the game. They badly missed the two McCleans and Cillian Laverty in Thier team.
All in all it was a very good spectacle and fair play to the Kilcoo club where the parking and stewards were brilliant, Hired announcers at pitch side and where the National Anthem was played before hand. Take note County Board!!!
Congrats to Mayobridge on their victory.

DaisyCutter

Sorry, I forgot to mention that best for Kilcoo were JJ McLoughlin, Darragh O'Hanlon and Ollie McClean all tried hard throughout. Also, approx 400 spectators in attendance.

amallon

I was on video duty so its hard to get a decent perspective on the game but the Bridge looked good value for their win.  I've looked at the penalty on the video again and it looks every bit the right decision to me.  Well done to the lads.

Have to second DaisyCutters praise of the Kilcoo setup in terms of stewarding etc.  They even had a video gantry erected.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

pointman129

i think that tonights win has silenced the doubters and has shown that Mayobridge are not a spent force.

weebob

Are you from the point or the bridge?

umpire

Ulster U21 draw
Preliminary Round
Cullyhanna (Armagh) V Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)
Quarter Final
Scotstown (Monaghan) V Omagh St. Enda's (Tyrone)
Kickhams Creggan (Antrim) V Cullyhanna (Armagh) Or Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)
Mayobridge (Down) V Assan Gaels (Cavan)
Kilcar (Donegal) v St. Canice's Dungiven (Derry)

umpire

Quote from: umpire on December 30, 2011, 05:08:29 PM
Ulster U21 draw
Preliminary Round
Cullyhanna (Armagh) V Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)
Quarter Final
Scotstown (Monaghan) V Omagh St. Enda's (Tyrone)
Kickhams Creggan (Antrim) V Cullyhanna (Armagh) Or Belcoo O'Rahilly's (Fermanagh)
Mayobridge (Down) V Assan Gaels (Cavan)
Kilcar (Donegal) v St. Canice's Dungiven (Derry)

Mayobridge's game is on Sun 29th Jan at 2.30