Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Mourdant has an interesting family tree. Daughter of a Para-Trooper but her grandfather an Irishman fought in the War of Independence and for the British in WWI.

bennydorano

Quote from: blasmere on October 24, 2022, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 24, 2022, 11:02:58 AM
Quote from: blasmere on October 24, 2022, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 24, 2022, 09:48:01 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2022, 11:38:11 PM
I'd believe he had 102 handy enough. He had 60 odd with half of them publicly declaring.
Tories to elect the first non-white prime minister.
I've said it numerous times (IMO) I don't think the Tories are racist, they're only interested in the colour of your money and social standing. The likes of Sunak would prosper every day ahead of a prospective white Tory candidate from a northern council estate.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830

I'd disagree with that and I appreciate the above is just one example but I think this is how a lot of little englanders think.
I mean the party as an entity, they'll elect Sunak before a pleb. The Conservative party is full of headbangers of all descriptions - as are most parties.

If it's allowed to go the members I'd be surprised if Sunak gets it. That caller reflects a lot of what the average member thinks. The MP's are a bit more open minded in the race regard but certainly not the class regard.
Yeah, that's a fair enough observation.

Armagh18

Quote from: blasmere on October 24, 2022, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 24, 2022, 11:02:58 AM
Quote from: blasmere on October 24, 2022, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 24, 2022, 09:48:01 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 23, 2022, 11:38:11 PM
I'd believe he had 102 handy enough. He had 60 odd with half of them publicly declaring.
Tories to elect the first non-white prime minister.
I've said it numerous times (IMO) I don't think the Tories are racist, they're only interested in the colour of your money and social standing. The likes of Sunak would prosper every day ahead of a prospective white Tory candidate from a northern council estate.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830

I'd disagree with that and I appreciate the above is just one example but I think this is how a lot of little englanders think.
I mean the party as an entity, they'll elect Sunak before a pleb. The Conservative party is full of headbangers of all descriptions - as are most parties.

If it's allowed to go the members I'd be surprised if Sunak gets it. That caller reflects a lot of what the average member thinks. The MP's are a bit more open minded in the race regard but certainly not the class regard.
Yeah was just going to post this. I think skin colour is a big issue for the party membership moreso than for the MP's

johnnycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 24, 2022, 02:06:33 PM
Mordaunt's dropped out of the running, leaving just Sunak in place to get the >100 Tory MP mark and be declared the default victor.

He's still a very right wing Gee-bag, be in no doubt, but he may be organised unlike the last two cretins.

He'll also not want a trade war with the EU with the IMF hovering over to offer a bale-out...

Not sure how that'll play out with the DUP and the NI Protocol/Bill in parliamentary limbo.

mouview

Baron Kilclooney will be horrified, given his spoken distaste for Indians.

seafoid

He reminds me of Brian Cowen c 2006.
The Finance man, with the numbers.
He couldn't play senior hurling in 2008.

johnnycool

Holy Lord,
      yet another expensive education and can hardly string a sentence together in front of the camera..

no wonder some Torys pine for Boris who can at least string a sentence together, it'll be pure lies laced but semi-coherent.

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/kprescott/status/158443877052639232
1Investor Guy Hands on the Today programme: "Without renegotiating Brexit "the economy is frankly doomed <which means> steadily increasing taxes, steadily reducing benefits and social services, higher interest rates and eventually the need for a bailout from the IMF"

thewobbler

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/oct/25/a-decent-home-sara-terry-documentary

This is little more than a step or two ahead of what's happening in Ireland. Ridicule Brexit all you like. Show your abhorrence to Tory greed all you like. Ireland is a place where the rich get richer at whatever cost necessary. We are a property time bomb.

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on October 25, 2022, 09:19:44 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/oct/25/a-decent-home-sara-terry-documentary

This is little more than a step or two ahead of what's happening in Ireland. Ridicule Brexit all you like. Show your abhorrence to Tory greed all you like. Ireland is a place where the rich get richer at whatever cost necessary. We are a property time bomb.
The core issue is neoliberalism. The UK runs a more extreme version but it is all dying slowly.
A lot of the things that we think are normal such as celebrity news, high house prices, political instability, Real Madrid winning Champions Leagues, Man City clocking up Premierships, pro rugby, rugby concussion, the state of Leinster football, Lidl and Aldi - these are all linked to the economic system.

Armagh18

Jacob Reese Mogg resigns. Has had to focus on opening more workhouses for the poor.

imtommygunn

A horrible horrible man without an ounce of humanity in him. Good riddance.

yellowcard

When you think of Brexit, the human pencil that is Mogg is always one of the first people who spring to mind.

It looks like Sunak may take a different approach than both Johnson and Truss and try to reach a negotiated agreement with the EU.   

mouview

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 25, 2022, 12:52:11 PM
Jacob Reese Mogg resigns. Has had to focus on opening more workhouses for the poor.

Brandon Lewis stepping down also and Wendy "Moron" Morton returning to the backbenches which would still appear to be too high an intellectual level for her.

weareros

Quote from: mouview on October 25, 2022, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 25, 2022, 12:52:11 PM

Brandon Lewis stepping down also and Wendy "Moron" Morton returning to the backbenches which would still appear to be too high an intellectual level for her.

All going before they were fired. Brandon Lewis not only went with Truss and the second coming of Boris, he blamed Rishi for taking EU side on protocol.