Sigerson Cup 2011 - live scores

Started by GAA_Punter, February 16, 2011, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Headed out on Friday to see the semi-finals, very enjoyable football and some great prospects on view. Brophy for NUIM caught the eye in the first game but you always felt that UUJ were in control. Typical performance from a Billy Morgan team in the second, didn't recognise any names on the UCC team as opposed to the star studded UCD team but Billy had them playing as a team whereas UCD were playing as individuals. Half back line for UCC won it, they attacked in waves and UCD didn't want to know.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on March 05, 2011, 11:37:54 PM

University College Dublin (UCD)   Dublin   32   
National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG, formerly UCG)=22   
University College Cork (UCC)   Cork   20
Queens University Belfast (QUB GAA)8      
University of Ulster, Jordanstown (UUJ)   Antrim5   
Institute of Technology, Sligo   Sligo   3   
Institute of Technology, Tralee   Kerry   3
Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)   Cork   1   
Dublin City University (DCU)   Dublin   2   
St. Mary's University College (Belfast)   Antrim1   
National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM)   Kildare1

I thought Thomond College won one as well back when Spillane and co were in college? Or maybe they won an All ireland club instead.

Winnie Peg

I took Thursday and Friday off work and rolled back the years to watch the Sigerson weekend. I have rarely enjoyed anything as much in recent years. The football was brilliant except the final and the young talent on view was superb. UCC deserved to win over all.
I even found myself supporting the Poly, they played some very good football in the quarter final and semi final but Cork were just too powerful for them in the final. The Poly team looked a lot lighter than the other colleges there and they wouldn't have had the big names of some of the other colleges. But,anyway, I enjoyed it all and might just book off next year as well.
Great to see the Sigerson Master there Sean O'Neill, looking as hale and hearty as ever.

Kerry Mike

Great to see another bunch of Kerry lads again leading UCC to another National Title. It must gall Billy Morgan to hand any jersey to a Kerryman to help him out, but Billy is good craic behind it all and I'm sure they will celebrate the success well on Lee side and may even take a trip  to Killarney in the next few days. A Roscommon man helped them too in case you think I would discriminate against such minorities. Well Done all.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

QuoteI thought Thomond College won one as well back when Spillane and co were in college? Or maybe they won an All ireland club instead.

I think it was the All Ireland Club they won back in the day
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

marym

Was  lot more Cork players  than Kerry  players on the team. Man of the Match was from Cork as well.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWas  lot more Cork players  than Kerry  players on the team. Man of the Match was from Cork as well.

Great to see Cork people finally taking to a biteen of Education, it will do wonders for the place. Gone are the days when 13 Kerrymen were needed to power UCC to the Cork County title.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Celt_Man

Anyone know anything or where I can find a report about the Further Education Championship final which was played on Friday as part of the Sigerson weekend?  Cavan Institute beat North West Regional College of Derry 2-8 to 0-11

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Winnie Peg

The Sigerson Council produced a magnificent programme for the competition. I wonder could somebody count the number of players from each county involved over the series. Obviously UCC had a lot of Cork and Kerry players but there appeared to a massive number of Laois, Dublin and Kildare players involved. Bound to be some boost for those counties going forward.

marym

I know they used call the UCC team UCK.

Hound

Quote from: Winnie Peg on March 07, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
The Sigerson Council produced a magnificent programme for the competition. I wonder could somebody count the number of players from each county involved over the series. Obviously UCC had a lot of Cork and Kerry players but there appeared to a massive number of Laois, Dublin and Kildare players involved. Bound to be some boost for those counties going forward.
They don't seem to have a website though, so not easy to get team lists, etc.
I've tried to find teamsheets for the Trench Cup without success.