Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfquarter

Quote from: Maiden1 on October 19, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
It happens all the time in club and county football where a player who has played for a team for a long time doesn't want to let go.  e.g.  Eamon O'Hara had a bit of a strop when Walsh dropped him for Sligo, Páidí Ó Sé said he didn't speak to Micko for a couple of years in the later 80s.  Brian Cody had a talk with DJ Carey at the end of the 2005 season where Cody said he saw DJ more as an impact sub going forward and DJ left the panel.  I remember myself getting dropped for the first game of the new season 1 year and thinking who to **** does the manager think he is.  It's only when I looked back a few years later that I thought yeah they were probably right.

That's a lovely post about the difficulties players encounter when they reach the end of their playing careers and I'm sure a lot of players can identify with it.

However, after listening to Cora on the LLS last night , I fail to see how it has any revelence to the present troubles in Mayo Ladies football ?

Maiden1

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 20, 2018, 11:01:03 AM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 19, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
It happens all the time in club and county football where a player who has played for a team for a long time doesn't want to let go.  e.g.  Eamon O'Hara had a bit of a strop when Walsh dropped him for Sligo, Páidí Ó Sé said he didn't speak to Micko for a couple of years in the later 80s.  Brian Cody had a talk with DJ Carey at the end of the 2005 season where Cody said he saw DJ more as an impact sub going forward and DJ left the panel.  I remember myself getting dropped for the first game of the new season 1 year and thinking who to **** does the manager think he is.  It's only when I looked back a few years later that I thought yeah they were probably right.

That's a lovely post about the difficulties players encounter when they reach the end of their playing careers and I'm sure a lot of players can identify with it.

However, after listening to Cora on the LLS last night , I fail to see how it has any revelence to the present troubles in Mayo Ladies football ?
You could well be right I don't know the whole story or any of it really. I feel for Cora in that she has given a lot for ladies football and is probably 1 of the few players that most of us would recognise and it would be a sad way for it all to end with Mayo.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2018, 10:45:54 PM
Never heard of it. Doubt it is in Mayo. You relying on 2nd/3rd hand info?
Good man.

And what level of information are you relying on Hardstation?

seafoid

Mayo ladies SFC final: Carnacon 8-06 Knockmore 0-03, 2pm
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

A thirty three point victory seals their 19th county title in a row .

Ffs
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Wildweasel74

How many all-ireland clubs have they won out of that previous 18 tilts at it or is the standard if other clubs poor! I know they won last yr or year before!

Wildweasel74

Checked it myself; 6 times; see Donaghmoyne from Monaghan seems to be the main team at this level; though i see a waterford team won 10 in 12 yrs back in the 90's

From the Bunker

There'll be a big upturn on sales of Cora's Book in Knockmore this coming week! :P

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 03:42:35 PM
Yes!!!!

What was the question again? Was it Hardstation makes all his decisions based on 3rd hand info?

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 08:36:06 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 21, 2018, 08:23:44 PM
Yes!!!!

What was the question again? Was it Hardstation makes all his decisions based on 3rd hand info?
That would be a very peculiar life.

The drive for 20 is on.

You've went from seemingly having a genuinely held if ill-informed opinion to straight up trolling now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 21, 2018, 08:54:23 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 08:36:06 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 21, 2018, 08:23:44 PM
Yes!!!!

That would be a very peculiar life.

The drive for 20 is on.

You've went from seemingly having a genuinely held if ill-informed opinion to straight up trolling now.
I now like to see them winning in Mayo to sicken the t**ts who tried to stop them by underhanded means.

It's "You've gone", FWIW.

They were never going to be stopped from playing for their club by the LGFA County Board. It was all about giving them a lesson in whose in charge. They have been in the past and they thought they were up to a couple of months ago.

Today's result was always going to be today's result. Carnacon have sold it as a sweet victory. It's was just another inevitable County final win.

They have to go back to the LGFA County Board to see if they can reduce suspensions given to Fiona McHale and Doireann Hughes. So there is more messing ahead. As if they go to the Connacht Provincial Board there might be people with agendas there (this time). And they will need both players to win a Provincial final.

I hope they go on a win Connacht and another All Ireland again. I have no malice toward the club once they keep the politics of the club within the club and let the Mayo team be a separate entity.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 09:37:34 PM
The entire club was banned from the championship they just won. Other clubs saw an opportunity to stop them winning their 19th in a row and they went for it. It was pathetic.

The ''LGFA County Board'' knew that ban would never hold up! As did they know their appeal would not hold up either. This was about making sure this sort of incident did not happen in the future again. What did you expect them to do - Sit on their hands?

Pathetic was the walk out 8 Carnacon girls did on a county team only a couple of days before a championship match. They did not expect the Manager and the county board to stand strong and thought they could influence things like they did in the past.

Pathetic was the innuendo spread by Cora in an interview not backed up with anything other than words and hiding behind a Confidentiality agreement.

Itchy

Lad You should be more worried about the shite that passes for football in Antrim. County final won 0-5 to 0-4, sure Cora would beat them teams on her own.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2018, 09:55:48 PM
Are you for real?
They're issuing bans & entering appeals that they know are bullshit?
You expect people to give a shred of credibility to these same people?

Mad.

What would you have done? What would anyone have done? This has been going on for years and years. This sh1te happened in 2010! Eight years ago!

I tell you one thing - it won't happen in 2019.