Underdogs- Tasty

Started by Under Lights, September 07, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Awful scutter. Some of the wides and goal misses are shocking. A lad with a pair of wellies on would do better.

square_ball

Anyone of note at all on the mayo team?

Rudi

From the Bunker

This experiment has run it course.

A group of strangers from all over the country beaten by a county ''C'' county group of strangers team.

From the Bunker

Stephen Coen gets to add lifting the underdogs Cup to the many other prestigious cups he has lifted!  :P

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Throw ball

I might be in a minority but I enjoyed the series. Maybe playing a bigger county is not a great spectacle but it does give a few players a short time in the limelight.  For Mayo I am sure Boylan (?) was glad he could show what he could do. For the underdogs O'Sullivan of Kerry maybe got a chance to show that he could still play inter county if Kerry can forgive his earlier error. From an Armagh point of view it was good to see 3 players involved and Aron McKenna showed he can take a score. He has a tough task though trying to break into the Armagh full forward line.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Throw ball on October 27, 2019, 08:16:38 AM
I might be in a minority but I enjoyed the series. Maybe playing a bigger county is not a great spectacle but it does give a few players a short time in the limelight.  For Mayo I am sure Boylan (?) was glad he could show what he could do. For the underdogs O'Sullivan of Kerry maybe got a chance to show that he could still play inter county if Kerry can forgive his earlier error. From an Armagh point of view it was good to see 3 players involved and Aron McKenna showed he can take a score. He has a tough task though trying to break into the Armagh full forward line.

They played Mayo's ''C'' Team!

Throw ball

Mayo 's C team would be better than many counties A team. Maybe if tier 2 keeps going the underdogs could be expanded to include players who haven't played Tier 1 championship- provincial excluded.

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 27, 2019, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on October 27, 2019, 08:16:38 AM

They played Mayo's ''C'' Team!

Apart from Fionn McDonagh,Brian Reape,Matthew Ruane,Stephen Coen,James McCormack has any of that Mayo team last night ever play a NFL or senior championship game for Mayo? I find it a bit odd that Mayo supporters elsewhere are taking up players and having the view they should be on the county panel next year after watching that exhibition/challenge match.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GetOverTheBar

I like the concept of the underdogs. I'm not keen on the whole reality TV/X Factor sad stories that goes with it but can live with it.

Perhaps they should look at the level on competition or something however though or at least give them half a chance - maybe make it pre Xmas to try and even the playing field on a county that will only be back training 2/3 weeks at that stage.

Anything that gives lads a chance to try and aim for the top of the game should really be welcomed, some of the comments are fairly negative towards lads who want to try their best. I admire anyone for giving it a good lash.

magpie seanie

Hardly a "C" team when you've 1/5 of the regular starting team.

marty34

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 28, 2019, 12:40:55 PM
I like the concept of the underdogs. I'm not keen on the whole reality TV/X Factor sad stories that goes with it but can live with it.

Perhaps they should look at the level on competition or something however though or at least give them half a chance - maybe make it pre Xmas to try and even the playing field on a county that will only be back training 2/3 weeks at that stage.

Anything that gives lads a chance to try and aim for the top of the game should really be welcomed, some of the comments are fairly negative towards lads who want to try their best. I admire anyone for giving it a good lash.

Yeah, it's not bad.  I always watch it.  No harm done in it and, as you say, fair play for the lads committing to it.