American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 10, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
Hey, don't rule us Brownies out! Pittsburgh and Baltimore lose out and we win all three, we're right there 🎯 🐶

3 games to go and only 6 teams mathematically out of it.

Minder

Quote from: Maiden1 on December 10, 2018, 03:47:34 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 10, 2018, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 10, 2018, 11:51:30 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 10, 2018, 09:24:26 AM
New Orleans are the team to beat in the NFC but it will take a good team to beat da Bears. Unfortunately a couple of poor losses like last week to the Giants will probably mean they're on the road in the playoffs because they'd be awful hard to beat in Soldier Field. Trubisky was making progress before his injury so I'd expect him to impove on last night. Goff isn't a brilliant QB but is the poster boy for what a top class coach can do.

Saints were very poor in the first half yesterday, in particular Brees.  The running game finally seemed to kick the offence into gear in the second half but overall it wasnt an impressive performance. Stuttering a little.

Rams losing was a nice bonus.

Was Gronk on the defense as protection for the hail mary? Man turned like a bus.

Ya. Between that, Brady inexplicably taking a sack to allow time expire at the end of the first half and former player Brandon Bolden's 2 TD's it was a hilarious day for those of us who do not like the Patriots. Belichick will be furious!
https://www.patriots.com/video/bill-belichick-12-9-it-came-down-to-one-play

Gotta love Belichick press conferences, he makes Jim Gavin look animated.  I was half expecting tumbleweed to roll past at one stage.

https://youtu.be/kjeh_PiqUU8
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

Massive c**k up by the Pats to have Gronk in on that play. The package they had on the field was for a Hail Mary and that was never gonna happen from their 35!!
That's like something the Jets would do.....

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

Minder

gallsman

Stephen A. is an absolutely clueless moron. About everything.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on December 14, 2018, 10:54:26 AM
Stephen A. is an absolutely clueless moron. About everything.

Anyone can make a mistake but to make so many in such a short period of time shows how clueless he is. The shows he is on are pointless though...there's no level of analysis....it's barstool bullshit.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 14, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2018, 08:06:09 AM
Massive win for Chargers

Rivers having some season.

Great to see Chargers going for the win in regulation in the two pointer. "He who dares wins Rodney"  8) 8)

screenexile

It's a while since I've seen anyone with the kicking yips!! Pittsburgh fans must be pulling their hair out!

Minder

Too soon to stick a stake in the Pats ?

magpie seanie

Enjoyed that last night. Brilliant from the Bears. A long time suffering for us Bears fans up to now. With the Rams losing again and appearing a bit wobbly the last few weeks, a bye is now not out of the question either. Dunno how the Bears gave up 30 odd points to the Gians a few weeks back....could end up being a costly defeat that one.

lurganblue

Any recommended NFL podcasts? The only one I've really tried is Vernon Kays and i'm sure there are better ones out there. It's a minefield though.

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on December 17, 2018, 10:15:21 AM
Any recommended NFL podcasts? The only one I've really tried is Vernon Kays and i'm sure there are better ones out there. It's a minefield though.

Move the Sticks is good with Daniel Jeremiah & Bucky Brooks, Around the NFL is another popular one but i wouldn't be mad about it, too many cooks maybe