Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Mourinho's record at United

Manager               Games played   Won     Drawn   Lost     Goals for   Goals against   Win %

Jose Mourinho             144              84        32     28         243                 117          58.33%
Alex Ferguson          1,500            895      338   267      2,769              1,365          59.67%
David Moyes              51                     27       9             15           86                   54          52.94%
Louis van Gaal            103                    54      25             24         158                  98          52.43%

sid waddell

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 18, 2018, 11:56:03 AM
The club five years on are still paying the cost of not bringing in a like for like replacement for Ferguson straight away.
Taggart?

Taylor

Fergie back for a few months if his health allows?
That would be the worst case scenario as far as I am concerned

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2018, 11:26:56 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 18, 2018, 11:13:50 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 18, 2018, 11:06:08 AM
Someone like Laurent Blanc until the end of the season to steady the ship might work given that Zidane looks unlikely now at this stage. There is still a CL and FA cup to play for, top 4 is now very unlikely and whoever takes the job will not be under any major pressure as long as they play attacking football and give the fans a bit of excitement. Then go for Pocchetino in the summer

From what I can recall Blanc's teams aren't great to watch. As for Zidane don't want him anywhere near the club.

Why so?

I'm intrigued too....from someone who advocated for and tolerated that sc**bag Mourinho I'd love to know what's so offputting about Zidane.

Just think he'll be out of his depth, he did a brilliant job for Real Madrid but knew the club inside out and inherited a brilliant set of players; Comfortably the best starting 11 in Europe.

I'm desperately hoping a director of football comes in now, that allows you to replace managers regularly without as much disruption.

Boycey

It'll probably get lost in the maelstom today but Utd beat Chelsea 4-3 in the Youth Cup last night, 1st time Chelsea have been beaten in 6 seasons  :o

Mason Greenwood who has been mentioned on here regularly got this hat-trick.
https://twitter.com/MxZvGx_/status/1074784862186430464?s=19

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 12:33:16 PM
Someone like Laurent Blanc until the end of the season to steady the ship might work given that Zidane looks unlikely now at this stage. There is still a CL and FA cup to play for, top 4 is now very unlikely and whoever takes the job will not be under any major pressure as long as they play attacking football and give the fans a bit of excitement. Then go for Pocchetino in the summer

From what I can recall Blanc's teams aren't great to watch. As for Zidane don't want him anywhere near the club.

Why so?

I'm intrigued too....from someone who advocated for and tolerated that sc**bag Mourinho I'd love to know what's so offputting about Zidane.

Just think he'll be out of his depth, he did a brilliant job for Real Madrid but knew the club inside out and inherited a brilliant set of players; Comfortably the best starting 11 in Europe.

I'm desperately hoping a director of football comes in now, that allows you to replace managers regularly without as much disruption.

If that is the case then why are they so average in the La-Liga this season?

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 12:11:02 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 18, 2018, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 11:55:16 AM
Quote from: Taylor on December 18, 2018, 11:49:44 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 18, 2018, 11:45:42 AM
So United are appointing an interim caretaker manager before they appoint the proper caretaker manager before the appoint the new manager at the end of the year......

Brilliant.
So in effect they will have 4 'managers' in 12 months  :o

Minimum 4 managers

I don't think Carrick taking charge of training for few days can be classed as managing and if the caretaker manager does well i can imagine he will be given the job full time.

Possibly but I get the impression from reading things about the interim manager that he will be an interim manager till the end of the season 'someone steeped in the United way'.  Giggsy it is!
Which "United way"?

"Strong and stable" or "all over the place" ?

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Insane Bolt

Would like to see Eddie  Howe get the job.....give him time and resources......and clear out the deadwood and prima donnas. This season is gone as far as top 4 is, so start rebuilding in January.

TabClear

From  a Liverpool perspective, Bollix.

I hope the classless **** never works in the premier league again. Pogba is a moron as well with tweet.

Any manager they bring in now has a free pass for the rest of the season which should st least free him up to play some decent football and perhaps make a pitch for the permanent role. Spurs should be worried though

Orchard park

gary Neville surely

he had the power to save Jose earlier in season i read here

Minder

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2018, 12:22:43 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 18, 2018, 11:56:03 AM
The club five years on are still paying the cost of not bringing in a like for like replacement for Ferguson straight away.
Taggart?

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on December 18, 2018, 12:35:38 PM
It'll probably get lost in the maelstom today but Utd beat Chelsea 4-3 in the Youth Cup last night, 1st time Chelsea have been beaten in 6 seasons  :o

I've mentioned Greenwood a fair bit on here recently as I don't think he's far away from the first team. I know they've got to be careful given he's only just turned 17 but he's exceptional, he was probably one of the younger players on the pitch last night but stood out a mile.

I know from people who know a lot more than me that everyone seems to think he's the best talent to come through the academy system in England since Rooney.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 01:08:01 PM

I've mentioned Greenwood a fair bit on here recently as I don't think he's far away from the first team. I know they've got to be careful given he's only just turned 17 but he's exceptional, he was probably one of the younger players on the pitch last night but stood out a mile.

I know from people who know a lot more than me that everyone seems to think he's the best talent to come through the academy system in England since Rooney.

Looks like a diamond but way too young, I see boys today looking for him to play up top for the 1st team..

magpie seanie

Ya, mentioned it a bit earlier. Great to see and most likely Greenwood won't now have to endure the public criticism the likes of Martial and Rashford did when he comes into the first team mix. Andy mitten saying he was the start of United's U8's.....when he was 5.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 12:33:16 PM

Why so?

His familiarity with Madrid was surely a huge help but I wouldn't be as fearful as you on Zidane. Bar Larry White no legitimate contender will know the club well. Also - while the team/squad does need strengthening, I think it's nowhere near as bad as it has looked.

Director of Football is badly wanted though.