Rugby league World Cup - Is this 2 horse race a waste of time?

Started by Wildweasel74, October 26, 2013, 03:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

The rugby league world cup has started the day, with England V Australia on now, good game by the way, but is there any point for this competition which since 1968, Australia have won all but twice (Great Britain 1972 and New Zealand last time out 2008)
Only 2 teams capable of winning in this, in Australia and New Zealand with home advantage giving England a slight chance. When compared with its other rughy sinuous, this event comes in a poor second

trileacman

Rugby League is a ball of shite, be like something the Aussies would love.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyCake

When comparing both rugby games, they're both the same - shit.

Wildweasel74

New Zealand beat France 48-0 last night, England trimming Ireland 30-0 after 30mins here, got to be the most 1 sided world cup event currently running A tri nations between New Zealand, England and Australia would be more realistic, New Zeland don't even have a league though they have Auckland playing in the Aussie league

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2013, 03:13:38 PM
New Zealand beat France 48-0 last night, England trimming Ireland 30-0 after 30mins here, got to be the most 1 sided world cup event currently running A tri nations between New Zealand, England and Australia would be more realistic, New Zeland don't even have a league though they have Auckland playing in the Aussie league

Are any of the Irish Team Irish born? Strange to see an Irish team on TV and hardly anybody would know about it.

Wildweasel74

Not sure about the irish team, i presume most are English born, i dont know any of them,

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2013, 03:32:36 PM
Not sure about the irish team, i presume most are English born, i dont know any of them,

From this website and links to each players wiki page, there are no Irish born players. Most seem to be from Australia and Warrington?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland_national_rugby_league_team

Check out the wiki link for Captain Liam Finn. Thought it was ironic and funny!  ;D

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

AQMP

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 02, 2013, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2013, 03:32:36 PM

From this website and links to each players wiki page, there are no Irish born players. Most seem to be from Australia and Warrington?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland_national_rugby_league_team

Check out the wiki link for Captain Liam Finn. Thought it was ironic and funny!  ;D

Matthew Hadden was called up late to the squad to replace an injured player.  He was born in Belfast.

gallsman

Have repeatedly tried to watch and get into Rugby League over the years and just can't. It's absolutely shite.

Wildweasel74

fun like most sports i do tend to watch it and know most of the rules, club level is fairly even and better to watch than this, but the standard of goal kicking in this version of rugby is very poor. The only sport i couldnt watch was cricket, it literally bored me to death

Brick Tamlin

Cricket..the sport where both teams wear the same colour strip and where the game stops for lunch.
Sufferin f**k is there a worse sport in the world.
(Pains me to even refer to it as a sport)

BennyCake

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 02, 2013, 10:07:10 PM
Cricket..the sport where both teams wear the same colour strip and where the game stops for lunch.
Sufferin f**k is there a worse sport in the world.
(Pains me to even refer to it as a sport)

Yes. American football.