Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Unfortunately Swiss JP doesn't need to pay a cent in tax in Ireland. Our next best hope is to strip some of his cash away from him on local projects.

trailer

If everyone contributed to Ireland what JP has then the place would be a hellva lot better off.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
If everyone contributed to Ireland what JP has then the place would be a hellva lot better off.

I agree, therefore I will stop paying the mandatory 40% tax, instead I will give 1-2 % back to charity.

t_mac

Quote from: Rudi on July 26, 2019, 12:09:10 PM

I agree, therefore I will stop paying the mandatory 40% tax, instead I will give 1-2 % back to charity.

Oh and make sure you claim the VAT back on any donation, sure he's a great man!

APM

Rudi, it will be great.  You will feel brilliant because you can decide what different charitable causes are worthy of your support.  You can choose these causes at your own discretion based on where your passions lie and maybe too, those causes that will bring you a return financially, socially, politically or posterity. This will be brilliant for you, great for the projects you deem worthy and those people who benefit will say you are a great fella + you pay less tax.  Sure isn't it a win-win!

And don't worry, because me and the others will keep paying our taxes to fund healthcare, education and criminal justice. And we're gullible bastards, so every time you spend your 1-2% on charity, we will cheer you from the rooftops. 

trailer

What about the employment he provides and the tax that's raised through that?
You hate the game but blame the player. Typical Irish begrudgery. Such a shame.