Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 20, 2019, 01:25:20 AM
did his usual rory impression today, no pressure on, fire a load of birdies until he needs one at the last, pressure back on, choke  ;)

Do you play golf yourself?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Tweet from American golfer Justin Thomas:

QuoteEven as a competitor and trying to beat the guy every week, sometimes I have to step back and realize how great @McIlroyRory is for golf. How he handles the spotlight, the highs, the lows, his social life, the fans, his golf, everything.. it's awesome to watch

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Aaron Boone

It's a crowded leaderboard. Some classy Americans 4 and 5 shots back: Kuchar, Fowler, DJ.

Gold

did his usual rory impression today, no pressure on, fire a load of birdies until he needs one at the last, pressure back on, choke  ;)

Agreed
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

JimStynes

RedHand88

RedHand88

Dumping Wozniaki just for taking a sleeping photo of him was a pretty arsey thing to do in fairness.

Milltown Row2

What a tournament to be fair. Royal Portrush have put together a fantastic event that will hopefully bring back the Open sooner rather than later.

Was speaking to various different friends who've been down and they can't fault it.

Hopefully big Shane can push on today and continue with his form from the first two days.

As for Rory he's put huge pressure on himself to win at home that's it's been his undoing. 

To say he's a choker is pure daft, he's won multiple majors and won the players championship very recently picking up $2.5 million (the biggest tournament outside of the majors)

I feel he needs to access his psychology leading up to these tournaments and he's absolutely no need to force his play and let his natural game pan out.

Chokers tag should be for people who never win and blow up on the final day when in front (which he did at the masters, but managed a major win 8 weeks later!)

He'll be a billionaire soon, I'd love to be known as a choker with that account
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheOptimist

Quote from: Gold on July 20, 2019, 08:12:16 AM

Agreed

On your logic can you name me five players who aren't chokers?

thewobbler

I'd be interested in how anyone would describe the careers of Holmes, Lowry, Westwood and Fleetwood, if they describe Rory as a choker.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on July 20, 2019, 03:06:12 PM
I'd be interested in how anyone would describe the careers of Holmes, Lowry, Westwood and Fleetwood, if they describe Rory as a choker.

The real reason has nothing to do with golf in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Orior

Let's hope Shane holds it together over the last few holes