Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Tough game away to Carlow next but last game at home v Kerry will be the deciding game I feel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

That's two great wins.

ciaran1988

What a performance, the lads totally destroyed Westmeath on every area on the pitch. This with 5 starters missing out. Great to see other lads come in and preform so well. It shows we have a quality panel and the work is being done by Gleeson and co. Tough picking a Starting 15 when everyone is back. What a problem for our management to have. Not to get ahead of ourselves also and be prepared for a huge game away to Carlow next week

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Fantastic result, shows that depth in the panel also.

Na Glinntí Glasa

after what was a tough week for Antrim it was pleasing to get three wins at the weekend.

Our footballers won both the moral ground and on the pitch as well. Disappointing that we didn't get promoted but still its a good platform to build up again for next years league. There's some very good players coming through in Antrim esp when you see the likes of Pat Shivers from Cargin playing so its not all doom and gloom.

The camogiers made hard work of Carlow after being treated quite disgustingly by the Camogie Association who still to the moment haven't even offered an explanation as to why we had to move our game. For the first time in years we had probably the strongest group of camogiers on the panel for the championship and it bodes well if we can keep them all together.

Our hurlers just keep improving and its very pleasing to see. The hard work done by the management has paid off and much like our camogs we have strength now that we never had. To be missing Neil, Coby, the st Johns lads and still be able to notch up that sort of score against a team that put us in our box last year was the most pleasing aspect of the weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

Bannerman

I was in Corrigan Park yesterday doing umpire for the referee Sean Stack. I would like to thank the St Johns Club and Antrim County Board for the courteous way we as officials were treated before and after the game.Ye are great Gaels.Thanks again

imtommygunn

Glad you enjoyed it bannerman. You're welcome back as long as all the results are like that ;D

Watched the highlights on TG4 as I missed it yesterday. The quick passing to me was evident. Clarke's pass for the second goal was brilliant and mccloskey's to Clarke for the third goal was of the same ilk. Looked like a good performance all round. That's missing a lot of players too. Great to see.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it used to be that when we were missing players we struggled but now we dont. When you lose 5 players it can kill a team but now we have so much strength in depth that we can bring others on now who keep that same level as the others who aren't there.

Very impressed with our half back line of Walsh, Burke and Maskey. Three really good hurlers and also when you see the two wing half's, they are really big strong men as well. Ronan Molloy cant get a look in and he was our best half back this season so it shows how good they both have been.

Carlow will be another good test to see where we are at now and with that panel id be very confident we can get another result.
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Quote from: Bannerman on October 26, 2020, 05:21:54 PM
I was in Corrigan Park yesterday doing umpire for the referee Sean Stack. I would like to thank the St Johns Club and Antrim County Board for the courteous way we as officials were treated before and after the game.Ye are great Gaels.Thanks again

Good to hear that you were well looked after Bannerman

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 27, 2020, 08:05:56 AM
it used to be that when we were missing players we struggled but now we dont. When you lose 5 players it can kill a team but now we have so much strength in depth that we can bring others on now who keep that same level as the others who aren't there.

Very impressed with our half back line of Walsh, Burke and Maskey. Three really good hurlers and also when you see the two wing half's, they are really big strong men as well. Ronan Molloy cant get a look in and he was our best half back this season so it shows how good they both have been.

Carlow will be another good test to see where we are at now and with that panel id be very confident we can get another result.

The two wing half's could actually fill out a bit more too, as big as they are we are still light when you look at a Tipp or Limerick half back line... so plenty room for improvement.. It's those areas that we can get that extra percentage on teams. The young Rossa lad made a start and took his goal very well just before coming off but feeling his way in the game, which is to be expected at this level, so really high hopes for him going forward.

So many positives and lots of room for improvements, there are also some lads that may make that team next year and improve it, Connolly and probably the player of the championship for me Michael Armstrong would strengthen that team even further...

Div 1 will focus a few players minds next season and the panel will be at bursting point

imtommygunn

The point McBrien scored for Rossa in the championship against Dunloy was as good as you would see anywhere. Hoping he comes on too. He is very young.

I keep reading we were missing 5 on sunday but was it not quite a few more? McNaughton, Cunning, Elliot, Nugent, Bradley then at least one Johnston? (Are there one or two on the panel?) Then there's McManus as well.

Yeah that half back line looks good. Mollloy I thought was arguably Dunloy's best performer so for him not to be on I thought the others must be good.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Agree about Connelly. Really good hurler and another player that would bring more quality to the County set up.

Good to see Clarkey firing the scores over. Another top forward and a natural scorer as was seen on Sunday. Have we ever had so many free takers on the panel at one time? - Neil McManus, Coby, James McNaughton and now Clarkey. Thats four fellas all wanting to hit the frees and all four really good.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 27, 2020, 08:53:59 AM
Agree about Connelly. Really good hurler and another player that would bring more quality to the County set up.

Good to see Clarkey firing the scores over. Another top forward and a natural scorer as was seen on Sunday. Have we ever had so many free takers on the panel at one time? - Neil McManus, Coby, James McNaughton and now Clarkey. Thats four fellas all wanting to hit the frees and all four really good.

Great position to be in and they all contribute outside of the frees, long gone are the days we had players that were dead eye free takers and not overly great during play

podge

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2020, 08:51:16 AM
The point McBrien scored for Rossa in the championship against Dunloy was as good as you would see anywhere. Hoping he comes on too. He is very young.

I keep reading we were missing 5 on sunday but was it not quite a few more? McNaughton, Cunning, Elliot, Nugent, Bradley then at least one Johnston? (Are there one or two on the panel?) Then there's McManus as well.

Yeah that half back line looks good. Mollloy I thought was arguably Dunloy's best performer so for him not to be on I thought the others must be good.

Elliot?

Great performances and results over last few weeks, credit where it's due. Here's hoping feet are firmly on the ground and they back it up next day out which will be a tough encounter away from home.  Are the covid cases allowed back for the weekend ?