Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Enlighten those inside Carrickmore then!
It must be over 30 years ago now since he played for Carrickmore and he would be in his early 40s now so I am assuming either it had something to do with were he went to secondary school.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 10, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Enlighten those inside Carrickmore then!
It must be over 30 years ago now since he played for Carrickmore and he would be in his early 40s now so I am assuming either it had something to do with were he went to secondary school.

That's where you'll find the answer...

Localexpert

Quote from: deadman on October 10, 2018, 01:55:35 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 10, 2018, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on October 10, 2018, 12:37:58 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 10, 2018, 10:42:26 AM

No Rahillys..........!

County board be happy.
Brocagh omitted as well

As I mentioned previously the club's in the east are so densely populated compared to the west of the county.  So much so can't fit all the eastern teams in on this picture.  Can only be an advantage to the teams in the west!

Club boi

Sure does half of the Dromore team not come from Trillick ??

LeoMc

Quote from: Localexpert on October 10, 2018, 04:46:23 PM

No Rahillys..........!

County board be happy.
Brocagh omitted as well

As I mentioned previously the club's in the east are so densely populated compared to the west of the county.  So much so can't fit all the eastern teams in on this picture.  Can only be an advantage to the teams in the west!
Shorter travel times to training, yez are like Dublin.

trailer

Where would you get a list of the clubs in order of the year they were formed?

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Localexpert on October 10, 2018, 04:46:23 PM

No Rahillys..........!

County board be happy.
Brocagh omitted as well

What advantage would this be?

omaghjoe

Quote from: LeoMc on October 10, 2018, 10:59:42 AM
Aghaloo and Tattyreagh both bordering Carrickmore?

From what I can tell the map is based on the civil (COI) parishes. I'm assuming the club locations are in the correct place but can't be sure.
Beragh Parish is obviously in between Tattyreagh and Carrickmore with Tattyreagh on the periphery of Drumragh parish, but on the map it looks like Beragh is on the periphery of its own parish with Tattyreagh slap back in the middle of it.
Beragh's pitch lies between Beragh and Sixmilecross and from what I can remember Sixmilecross is in the same COI parish as Carrickmore whereas the Catholic parish extends well past Sixmilecross to less than a mile from Carrickmore pitch.

As far as Agahloo goes I think the two parishes might touch way up at Tulnavern & Gortfinbar direction but I could stand corrected

The map is a balls

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Club boi on October 10, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
Sure does half of the Dromore team not come from Trillick ??

Half of the Trillick team come from Irvinestown.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on October 10, 2018, 10:40:39 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on October 10, 2018, 08:24:55 AM
Serious hanging around for Junior clubs in playoffs!

18th of November will be the D3 V D2 playoff match.

First round of play offs this weekend. Following one will probably be in two weeks 28th leaving three years till the 18th

Why 18th November? Last round of fixtures are on 28th October. Surely the play off the Sunday after?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Yeah, last game 28th
Then division two team will have two playoff games before meeting the D3 team?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on October 11, 2018, 06:37:17 AM
Yeah, last game 28th
Then division two team will have two playoff games before meeting the D3 team?

There is only one div 2 play off though. 14th v 15th. Loser goes and the winners plays div 3 team the week after. So technically (I think) we're both wrong. However I've been up since 7.30am so God knows.

Div 2 Relegation Play off winner v Div 3 play off winner on 11th Nov?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GaaFanatic123

Baby God has well and truly arrived on the scene, he scored 2-04 on Tuesday night albeit against a poor Moy side but still not bad on maybe his first start?
It begs the question as to why Errigal didnt throw him in on the championship, surely they know his potential!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 11, 2018, 07:45:31 AM
Baby God has well and truly arrived on the scene, he scored 2-04 on Tuesday night albeit against a poor Moy side but still not bad on maybe his first start?
It begs the question as to why Errigal didnt throw him in on the championship, surely they know his potential!

Obviously GaaFanatic123 doesn't watch much football. Darragh did play in the championship was brought on against Coalisland and scored. Couldn't read much into the 2-4 scored as both goals were scored from 2 yards out and put on a plate for him. Good convincing win for Errigal, Moy appear to have packed up for the season, risky enough tactics is 11 points enough to see them safe?
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Moy should be safe as Edendork and Pomeroy play at the weekend - if Pomeroy win it's hard to imagine any scenario where they are in trouble. If Edendork win it's nearly certain Pomeroy are gone and that would leave Edendork maybe free from a play off - other results pending obviously.

Quite hard to call what will happen this weekend.