Ban on Furrin Games Lifted at County Grounds

Started by Baile Brigín 2, February 23, 2019, 11:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: thebackbar1 on February 24, 2019, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2019, 07:42:30 PM
Could Munster use the Gaelic Grounds or Pairc ui  Chaoimh  now for a home country venue?
In what scenarios would they forgo using Thomand Park?

European semi final where they have home country advantage. Thomond Park is too small for that as per ERC.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on February 23, 2019, 11:44:23 PM
What? Eh? What's that? Silence... yes that's what I thought I heard from you, Damien Duff, ya wee p***k.

Classy post. Majority of people would see this as a good thing. I bet Cork GAA do!!!

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 24, 2019, 12:52:31 PM
What? Eh? What's that? Silence... yes that's what I thought I heard from you, Damien Duff, ya wee p***k.

Classy post. Majority of people would see this as a good thing. I bet Cork GAA do!!!

Er, my point was that Damien Duff was criticising the GAA about the PUC/Liam Miller match. So, he's unlikely to take to the media to praise this.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on February 24, 2019, 02:39:50 PM

Er, my point was that Damien Duff was criticising the GAA about the PUC/Liam Miller match. So, he's unlikely to take to the media to praise this.
That doesnt make a great deal of sense

dublin7

You could (like the majority) have seen this as a positive move and a step forward for the GAA. Instead you post a bitter, bizarre rant that made no sense to anyone but you.

I'm sure Damien Duff would complement the GAA on the decision if he was asked though

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 24, 2019, 05:45:26 PM

You could (like the majority) have seen this as a positive move and a step forward for the GAA. Instead you post a bitter, bizarre rant that made no sense to anyone but you.

I'm sure Damien Duff would complement the GAA on the decision if he was asked though

Where did I say it was a negative move?

Duff is anti-GAA, any excuse to bash them. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him commenting on it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on February 24, 2019, 05:55:53 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 24, 2019, 05:45:26 PM

Where did I say it was a negative move?

Duff is anti-GAA, any excuse to bash them. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him commenting on it.
Anti GAA? His position was no different to the overwhelming majority of GAA folk. Some objected to the tone, different story.

But it is odd that your first reaction is to argue against a strawman anri soccer position. I cannot see what soccer games will be played on what county grounds.

BennyCake

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 24, 2019, 06:32:02 PM
Anti GAA? His position was no different to the overwhelming majority of GAA folk. Some objected to the tone, different story.

But it is odd that your first reaction is to argue against a strawman anri soccer position. I cannot see what soccer games will be played on what county grounds.

If he knew anything about the GAA, he would've knew the rule was in place. Yes it made sense that 40,000 attended instead of 5,000 or whatever. But there was no need to attack the GAA in such a vile, spiteful way.

If anything, he should have directed his venom towards the FAI, who have done feck all with all their millions they've earned over the years, and whose stadia are years behind that of the GAA.

There was none of this with Anto Finnegan's match. Ravenhill didn't stage GAA games, but nobody lambasted Ulster rugby anout letting the match take place there. Obviously, it was all done quietly and with a bit of respect, and Ulster weren't guilt-tripped into it.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on February 24, 2019, 07:10:33 PM

If he knew anything about the GAA, he would've knew the rule was in place. Yes it made sense that 40,000 attended instead of 5,000 or whatever. But there was no need to attack the GAA in such a vile, spiteful way.

If anything, he should have directed his venom towards the FAI, who have done feck all with all their millions they've earned over the years, and whose stadia are years behind that of the GAA.

There was none of this with Anto Finnegan's match. Ravenhill didn't stage GAA games, but nobody lambasted Ulster rugby anout letting the match take place there. Obviously, it was all done quietly and with a bit of respect, and Ulster weren't guilt-tripped into it.

Grow up lad. This has been done to death before and the thread had to closed due to some of the B.S. posted.

The fact you feel the need to go off an a bizarre hate filled rant against Damien Duff over a decision made at the GAA congress says alot more about you than it does him

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 24, 2019, 08:11:35 PM

Grow up lad. This has been done to death before and the thread had to closed due to some of the B.S. posted.

The fact you feel the need to go off an a bizarre hate filled rant against Damien Duff over a decision made at the GAA congress says alot more about you than it does him

The fact that you choose to ignore my points says a lot about you.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on February 24, 2019, 10:55:21 PM

Your points were all addressed in the Liam Miller thread as I pointed out. No need to rehash them here.

Your obvious hatred of all things soccer is entirely your right even if most people had moved on from that stupid anti foreign sports mentality.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 25, 2019, 11:09:43 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 24, 2019, 10:55:21 PM

Your points were all addressed in the Liam Miller thread as I pointed out. No need to rehash them here.

Your obvious hatred of all things soccer is entirely your right even if most people had moved on from that stupid anti foreign sports mentality.

If I was anti-soccer, would I not have said I was against this rule change?  ::)

Baile Brigín 2

And if you followed the story you would know that rule 42 was waived by the Cork CB to get European funding. Done to death.

Are loi grounds behind county grounds these days? Some are, but many arent. I think those days are long gone.

Ulster Rugby dont have a rule. It was a simple request. As now the county grounds are. But who will request them? Rugby in Galway when they redo their hall, maybe. Soccer? Cant think of one potential.

Rossfan

Payment in advance vital if renting to Soccer.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

This rule change is about 20 years to late. Most of the county grounds around the country are lumps of Concrete with an excuse of a Hay-shed as a Stand. The GAA missed the boat before the redevelopment of Thomond Park and Landsdowne. Money for Jam over the winter months, But the GAA where to up their own holes worried about ancient rules to see the financial benefits. The development of Pairc ui chaoimh is a white elephant that will hardly justify it's expenditure in relation to games and improved revenue. We have the same white elephant in Mayo with McHale Park. It has never got even near capacity for any game and has only 4 to 6 intercounty games a year. There is never a backdoor game with neutral counties scheduled to play there! Any of Mayo's big games over the summer end up in Croke Park.