Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Dinny Cahill is the new Antrim Hurling manager according to the BBC

Premier Emperor

slow corner back

Please tell me this is a wind up!!

orangeman

slow corner back

Has he slagged off any Cork players yet or claimed he will win an all ireland in three years?

orangeman

The Antrim county board have confirmed that former manager Dinny Cahill will be returning to take charge of the county's senior hurling team.

Cahill is back for his second spell in charge of the Glensmen having previously been at the helm from 2002 to 2005.

Confirming the news on www.antrim.gaa.ie, Cahill said: 'I believe that I now have a chance to address what feels like unfinished business.

'When I first went up to Antrim I had just finished coaching Tipperary minors and we were lucky enough to achieve All Ireland success at that time. I was relatively inexperienced then as far as senior inter-county management was concerned.

'With the right commitment from players, clubs and supporters in Antrim we can build a more consistent and successful future for the county.

'This has to be a co-ordinated effort where we improve standards, not just a senior county level but right throughout the clubs from adult down to juvenile. I am looking forward meeting with players, supporters and club and county officials,' he insisted.

Hurler on the Bitch

Good - at least back then we competed; for a while anyway. But hopefully we will travel into Leinster in expectation next year.

longrunsthefox

Dinny wasn't the worst... seems some of the remarks he made at that press conference were tongue in cheek and southern press latched onto them big time. Was an awfuk blemsih on his time in Antrim tho 

INDIANA

His mouth might be ahead of his brain but he is a terrific skills coach. Absolutely top drawer.

Reillers

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 04, 2009, 10:08:38 PM
Dinny wasn't the worst... seems some of the remarks he made at that press conference were tongue in cheek and southern press latched onto them big time. Was an awfuk blemsih on his time in Antrim tho

Tongue and cheek?
Please. Do you remember what he said about Brian Corcoran and Niall Mac.

He said that Cork most be pretty desperate to be bringing Corcoran back. He also then said that Corcoran's finished, and that he'll deffinetly be finished after Sunday..now tell me, after getting crushed by 20 odd points by Cork, and Corocan being an excellent player on that day..what did you think would happen?
That's not really tongue and cheek is it, and after saying something like that, then being beaten like they were, he was always going to get what was coming to him.

His comments about Corcoran were a disgrace at the time and they came back to haunt him. :D
And oh did he get what was coming to him..Destroyed Antrim, 2-26 to 0-10.
And the poor man get an earful from the Cork supporters at half time for it and all.
Brilliant game, Corcoran was magnificent. And we went out in the second half and absolutely destroyed them all over again..oh memories..

In fairness though, him coming back is a good omen for Cork. All we need now is for Babs and Eddie Keher to start mouthing off and we'll be well on our road back.

neilthemac

i think his comments about the Cork players were bang on. though he could have kept them to himself
Cork went back to the old stagers to win a few titles and look where it has left them now?
whereas Kilkenny kept bringing through their younger players and they've reaped the benefits

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Reillers on November 05, 2009, 04:04:37 PM

Tongue and cheek?

He said that Cork most be pretty desperate to be bringing Corcoran back. He also then said that Corcoran's finished, and that he'll deffinetly be finished after Sunday..now tell me, after getting crushed by 20 odd points by Cork, and Corocan being an excellent player on that day..what did you think would happen?
That's not really tongue and cheek is it, and after saying something like that, then being beaten like they were, he was always going to get what was coming to him.

His comments about Corcoran were a disgrace at the time and they came back to haunt him. :D
And the poor man get an earful from the Cork supporters at half time for it and all.
Brilliant game, Corcoran was magnificent. And we went out in the second half and absolutely destroyed them all over again..oh memories..

In fairness though, him coming back is a good omen for Cork. All we need now is for Babs and Eddie Keher to start mouthing off and we'll be well on our road back.

Just as well Donal Og had'nt come out of the pink closet by then. Dinny wouldn't have missed  :-*

Reillers

Quote from: neilthemac on November 05, 2009, 04:19:01 PM
i think his comments about the Cork players were bang on. though he could have kept them to himself
Cork went back to the old stagers to win a few titles and look where it has left them now?
whereas Kilkenny kept bringing through their younger players and they've reaped the benefits

What has any of that got to do with anything he said?
Brian Corcoran retired much too early, mainly because of burn out, and he made the decision to retire himself, it wasn't really due to lack of form or ability or loosing out on a starting spot, and then he made the decision to start playing hurling again after he saw the lads in the hotel after they lost the AI in 03, and of course a player of his ability was always going to end up back on the team. And he was outstanding for Cork, all the way through his career from start to the end.
Dinny said on the day that Corcoran was past it? And he wasn't even near right.

There's nothing desperate about wanting to have a player like Corcoran on your team, and interesting you'd say that, I mean most GAA lads know a true legend of the game when they see one, a rare talent like Corcoran, any county in the country would have taken him, Kilkenny included.
What Dinny said could be, I suppose, taken as being said in the heat of the moment, but your comment? Did you ever see Corcoran play the game..I doubt it by your talk. Anyone would have been grateful to take Corcoran, like I said, KK included.

Reillers

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 05, 2009, 05:06:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 05, 2009, 04:04:37 PM

Tongue and cheek?

Just as well Donal Og had'nt come out of the pink closet by then. Dinny wouldn't have missed  :-*

:-\ ....If that's the way you roll..  :)

gallsman

He was a disaster at the end but he came oh so close to getting us past the quarter final stage in 2003 where we really had Wexford on the rack and Johnny Campbell decided to allow Paul Codd have two goals for the craic of it.