U21 HC Final - Clare v Kilkenny

Started by Guillem2, September 13, 2009, 12:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

I won't see this one on TV due to club matches but I'd love to see Clare win their first u21 title.

There's been some really good matches in the u21s so far and i hope this one turns out the same - with Clare lifting the trophy at the final whistle.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

longrunsthefox

Premier Emperor

Its a question of which side you want to lose most.
If Clare win, we'll never hear the end of it!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens73

Minder

Their main man Honan hardly hit a ball either, in fairness he carried an injury into the game
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Clare, and there supporters ;)

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

milltown row

that was some match alright, Clare were outstanding and Kilkenny were great also. great point to win it in the end, off the left on the run from midfield. plan B will have to become plan A as it's crap

INDIANA

delighted for clare. Good for hurling as well. You get a pain in your arse watching kilkenny win all the time. Mc Donnell at 6 and Dillon at 3 look like the new Mc Mahon and Lohan. Poor enough first half but the 2nd half was very good especially the last 15.

Donnellys Hollow

Hopefully the Banner will kick on from here and get back competing at the highest level in the senior ranks. Clare always played a good brand of tough, fast and uncompromising hurling and this u21 team looks no different. A strong Clare can only be good for hurling.

U21 success is no guarantee of improvement at senior level though. They only need to look across the Shannon at their neighbours from Limerick for proof of that.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

slow corner back

Clare are down in Div 2 of the national league next year so perhaps they have a chance to blood some of the U-21s in preparation for the championship. They badly need a boost so I hope this kicks them on.

Lecale2

I caught the last 20 minutes of the game and it was excellent. Good for the game to see Clare win.

Main Street

Would have been demoralising to see a Kilkenny team push clear again in the last minutes.

There comes a time.