Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

'Globalists' is the next big LvR issue. I've noticed it popping up a lot lately from a few right wing sources.I watch GB news the odd time to see what nonsense is being spouted and this is it- Globalists are bad, home bred Nationalism is good. Feels like a not so subtle moving of the goalposts in the Brexit argument.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2022, 09:24:26 AM
'Globalists' is the next big LvR issue. I've noticed it popping up a lot lately from a few right wing sources.I watch GB news the odd time to see what nonsense is being spouted and this is it- Globalists are bad, home bred Nationalism is good. Feels like a not so subtle moving of the goalposts in the Brexit argument.
Listen to these 8 minutes, benny.  A real life example of "a globalist" being discussed.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 02:34:27 PM
He's an absolute gobshite. Inventor my arse. Nothing more than a man child.
He's worth about $200 billion. Not bad for a gobshite.

lenny

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 06, 2022, 08:47:24 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2022, 05:51:39 AM
The fact that the Taliban and the Ayatollah of Iran are allowed on Twitter, yet Trump is not shows how ridiculously political Twitter leaders became in later days.

Twitter is very left skewed and over populated with woke shite. Probably safe to say it's a safe haven and soapbox for extremes on left and right

Woke means alert and sensitive to racism. Extreme right wingers and racists have tried to extend the meaning to include a host of other issues which are more debatable. Any decent person is woke in the pure sense that they hate racism.

johnnycool

He's certainly no inventor nor innovator, he's the Edison to the true inventor Tesla (excuse the pun).

He's a (snakeoil) salesman who's struck lucky with Paypal and to an extent on Tesla cars (who were already making good inroads to the EV market) but he may become unstuck with Twitter if the advertisers don't like the direction it's heading.

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 06, 2022, 09:37:12 AM
Listen to these 8 minutes, benny.  A real life example of "a globalist" being discussed.
Link?

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on November 06, 2022, 01:54:07 PM

He's certainly no inventor nor innovator, he's the Edison to the true inventor Tesla (excuse the pun).

He's a (snakeoil) salesman who's struck lucky with Paypal and to an extent on Tesla cars (who were already making good inroads to the EV market) but he may become unstuck with Twitter if the advertisers don't like the direction it's heading.

Certainly, David McWilliams reckons that he has wiped out billions by buying Twitter, as he set the price earlier in the year but tach stocks are much lower now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2022, 02:29:49 PM
Link?
Sorry. Thought I included it!!!
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 06, 2022, 05:58:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2022, 02:29:49 PM
Link?
Sorry. Thought I included it!!!
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830
My God there's too many jumping off points from that clip. She pulled him for referring to globalists and then referencing her Jewish friends - I got the impression from the GB News shite hawks when they were referring to Globalists it was any hoor who wasn't English tbh and I got the feeling that that is what that Tory voter meant too - either road, it's not good. I get the feeling we're going to hear a lot more about Globalists in the ongoing (fabricated) culture wars.

imtommygunn

Globalists entered my timeline a while ago and funny enough it also seemed to come from accounts of people who believe COVID is made up, vaccines are a hoax and there's a great financial reset.

Gmac

There's 420k verified accounts on twitter not sure how many of those will pay $8 a month to stay blue checked .Elon says  It's losing 4m a day currently and looks like 75% of staff did nothing , Hard to believe musk would buy it not knowing this stuff .
I'm sure there's plenty of advertisers around to pick up slack if some current ones leave , musk doesn't seem like a guy that willingly loses money .

imtommygunn

Well if he lays off 75% of his staff I guess he'll find out.

seafoid

He's taking a huge risk. It's his nature. It's not clear that it will work out.

imtommygunn

All these platforms have a lifespan. Twitter was there to stay before musk but he could well break it. The line that it represents the best and the worst of internet culture is for me bang on the money.

Without Twitter I don't think the Jamie Brysons of this world exist. Without it I don't think the anti vaccine "movement" has remotely the same influence it does. Without it sports updates and things like that just not the same.

It's going to be very interesting. It really was not moderated well and "the right" thought it was moderated heavily by "the left" and to a point I would say it is but there are various things it has influenced like brexit etc that would also favour non lefties. Basically in a lot of ways it's a mess and Musk recognises that but for the wrong reasons.

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on November 05, 2022, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 11:19:17 PM
Gmac with an insightful both sides all encompassing take as usual... sounds like they'll let him make the jump back from truthsocial!
ha ha never went near it , free speech is great as long as we decide who can speak is the lefts position  ,what are they so afraid of ?

I see Elon has gone on an account suspension spree. . . What happened to this Free Speech gmac and the lads were on about??!!

Word is they're trying to rehire a chunk of those they let go last week.