Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Can anyone explain to me what's happening with US Twitter, Ray D'Arcy, Dustin the Turkey and Niall Horan  :o

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on June 28, 2020, 09:42:45 PM
Can anyone explain to me what's happening with US Twitter, Ray D'Arcy, Dustin the Turkey and Niall Horan  :o

Jesus it's laughable. Some snowflake taking a hissy fit

andoireabu

RTE brought back The Den as part of Comic Relief.

Niall Horan sang a song as part of Talent on the Telly.  They cut the end of the video short and Dustin had a cut off him saying they wanted Harry Styles instead.

Niall Horan fan accounts are now trying to get Ray D'Arcy and Dustin boycotted and cancelled having missed the fact it was a comedy skit for charity as most seem to be American.  They need to get a life
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Boycey

Jesus wept  ;D ;D

I saw Dustin had a tweet about one of the Kardashians this evening, presumably they will miss the humour in that too.

I'll happily admit I don't understand the world anymore.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on June 28, 2020, 10:12:51 PM

They're called teenagers, not snowflakes.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on June 29, 2020, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 28, 2020, 10:12:51 PM

They're called teenagers, not snowflakes.

They shouldn't be on Twitter then.

GetOverTheBar

I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

What you see is largely dependant on who you follow though I suppose.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 29, 2020, 10:46:58 AM
I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.

RedHand88

Quote from: andoireabu on June 28, 2020, 10:28:46 PM

RTE brought back The Den as part of Comic Relief.

Niall Horan sang a song as part of Talent on the Telly.  They cut the end of the video short and Dustin had a cut off him saying they wanted Harry Styles instead.

Niall Horan fan accounts are now trying to get Ray D'Arcy and Dustin boycotted and cancelled having missed the fact it was a comedy skit for charity as most seem to be American.  They need to get a life

Looked this up. Unbelievable.

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2020, 12:17:33 PM

Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.
This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble.  I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bennydorano on June 29, 2020, 02:12:09 PM

This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble. I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.

I would do this myself, mostly the likes of Jamie Bryson and Dale Prankhurst....I can resist the urge to reply, which saves a lot more headache, I read the replies and back and forths sometimes. They can be fairly brutal.

I find searching key words makes things a bit handier as opposed to following certain people if you want to clean up your feed.

Boycey

Yup

Jamie, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Trump are my chosen gobshites. I often wonder how Jamie does it, does he ever sleep?

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on June 29, 2020, 02:32:42 PM
Yup

Jamie, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Trump are my chosen gobshites. I often wonder how Jamie does it, does he ever sleep?

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 29, 2020, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 29, 2020, 02:12:09 PM

This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble. I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.

I would do this myself, mostly the likes of Jamie Bryson and Dale Prankhurst....I can resist the urge to reply, which saves a lot more headache, I read the replies and back and forths sometimes. They can be fairly brutal.

I find searching key words makes things a bit handier as opposed to following certain people if you want to clean up your feed.

I don't understand why you men would have the likes of Tory MPs, Bryson, Prankhurst, Dudley Edwards etc in your daily lives? Life's too short

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on June 29, 2020, 02:32:42 PM
Yup

Ian Og's parody account was good, caught out RDE, the arsehole.

Anyone follow guido fawks?

Cunny Funt

Twitter today is full of pictures and videos of people queuing for the barbers, people giving out about people taking pictures and videos of queues for barbers and people giving out about people giving out about people taking pictures of queues for barbers