Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on April 26, 2022, 08:37:02 AM
It's a massive sewer full of rats. Maybe he'll clean it up but unlikely. The number of anonymous trolls on it is crazy. Look under any politicians tweet and bots or trolls replies from rival parties is just vile.
He will try to monetise it
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on April 26, 2022, 09:48:58 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 08:42:19 AM
It's not going to get any better with this boy. I think some people think they pick their causes and selectively choose who to "cancel" etc. He's probably just not going to "cancel" anyone so it'll be worse lol.

Free speech is alright if you crack down on fake/anonymous accounts and the bot armys where someone has to own the shít they put up in a court of law.

says Johnnycool  ;D

;D ;D

Yeah that would be my view on it too despite a pseudonym lol. There's a lot of ones making threats etc and it needs clamped down on. I really don't think that's Musk's agenda though so I very much doubt anything will change there. If you are on those platforms saying nasty things etc and doing things you could not do to peoples faces you should be clamped down on and you need to take a look at yourself.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 11:20:02 AM
It's not going to get any better with this boy. I think some people think they pick their causes and selectively choose who to "cancel" etc. He's probably just not going to "cancel" anyone so it'll be worse lol.

Free speech is alright if you crack down on fake/anonymous accounts and the bot armys where someone has to own the shít they put up in a court of law.

says Johnnycool  ;D

;D ;D

Yeah that would be my view on it too despite a pseudonym lol. There's a lot of ones making threats etc and it needs clamped down on. I really don't think that's Musk's agenda though so I very much doubt anything will change there. If you are on those platforms saying nasty things etc and doing things you could not do to peoples faces you should be clamped down on and you need to take a look at yourself.

Is it worse than here?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It is way worse. There's a lot of real nasty stuff on it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 11:36:55 AM
It is way worse. There's a lot of real nasty stuff on it.

Never on it, only for results of games, which is brilliant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2022, 11:23:05 AM

says Johnnycool  ;D

;D ;D

Is it worse than here?
Most people on here are anonymous, theres plenty of bickering but don't think theres ever anything that crosses the line and if there is it's gone straight away. Twitter too big to monitor and moderate like on here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 26, 2022, 11:39:45 AM

says Johnnycool  ;D

;D ;D

Is it worse than here?
Most people on here are anonymous, theres plenty of bickering but don't think theres ever anything that crosses the line and if there is it's gone straight away. Twitter too big to monitor and moderate like on here

Is there no reporting button for such actions? I suppose by the sounds of it they'd be reporting all day long!

imtommygunn

There is but it doesn't do much. Some pretty toxic stuff goes untouched. Threats etc go without being addressed.

I think the sheer volume would just be too much.

Perversely I think Musk bought them because of what they do police not what they don't police.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 12:01:15 PM
There is but it doesn't do much. Some pretty toxic stuff goes untouched. Threats etc go without being addressed.

Perversely I think Musk bought them because of what they do police not what they don't police.

It's the anonymity of the users (irony alert) who say something get banned and just re-join under a different name and go again. There is also a lot of bots. Many run by political parties here. It's good for scores and some current news but as a debating platform it's toxic.

clarshack

says Johnnycool  ;D

;D ;D

Is it worse than here?

A lot worse than here. It's a proper cesspit.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on April 26, 2022, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 12:01:15 PM

It's the anonymity of the users (irony alert) who say something get banned and just re-join under a different name and go again. There is also a lot of bots. Many run by political parties here. It's good for scores and some current news but as a debating platform it's toxic.

I use it mainly for football / tech stuff but even the tech stuff is a bit polluted. It is fantastic for sports results though.

Anti vax and pro russia were things that were banned and "the right" have been up in arms. Stalking and threats are fair game. Posting videos with rights to them is not fair game.

A hilarious example recently has been George Galloway who has more or less been labeled a Russian agent because he worked for RT. Now it may be a bit harsh but if you are just posting russian propaganda which is what he seems to do and then say you're balanced then your argument weakens slightly.

"The right" want anti vax and pro russia and things like that to be ok and tbh I think Musk will ok that.

It, and facebook, have been heavily used to influence election campaigns as per the cambridge analytica stuff etc. Probably more facebook mind you.

Gmac

The looney left losing their minds about musk buying twitter is beautiful, terrified that they can't censor opinions they don't like .

imtommygunn

What is equally as funny is the looney right thinking it will solve all their woes  :D

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2022, 02:40:55 PM
What is equally as funny is the looney right thinking it will solve all their woes  :D

Yes and people like Trump will be "uncancelled". . . he had a prime time interview with Morgan last night that was viewed by millions but apparently he's been cancelled just because he's not on twitter!

Gmac

Looney left liberals are way more  abusive on twitter than any other group on twitter, same on all social media and even this platform