Fearon now employed as a security man

Started by Minder, September 05, 2008, 10:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

NI fans beaten by 'security men' 

The men were attacked in a bar in Bratislava
There has been trouble ahead of Northern Ireland's World Cup qualifier in Slovakia.

It is understood two NI fans were knocked unconscious by a group of 12 men, thought to be from a security firm.

The fans were beaten with batons by the men in the Dubliner public house in Bratislava.

They were part of a contingent in the city for the Northern Ireland-Slovakia match to be played on Saturday.

Portadown Northern Ireland Supporters Club secretary Kyle Quinn said he witnessed the incident.

"I could see a couple of guys just lying prostrate on the ground and one guy in particular was lying over this guy who was obviously out cold," he said.

"These guys were just laying into them. There was one baseball bat and there was another fellow I saw with a white tee-shirt and a pink collar, he seem to get attacked with, I think, a knuckle-duster."

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Main Street

I really fail to to see the humour in making a joke out of two people getting heavily trashed by a reported 12  security men.

ziggysego

Just the title Main Street. Obviously the subject matter itself is no laughing matter.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone exile

Im sure they didnt get a kicking for there good manners

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2008, 10:28:30 PM
I really fail to to see the humour in making a joke out of two people getting heavily trashed by a reported 12  security men.

So i am making a joke out of them getting a hammering? Dont read the thread then if it offends you.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Was there no British pubs for them to be drinking in  ???

fred the red

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 05, 2008, 11:02:49 PM
Was there no British pubs for them to be drinking in  ???

sure they are british when in the occupied 6, but abroad they are oirish  ::)

Evil Genius

Quote from: tyrone exile on September 05, 2008, 10:44:05 PM
Im sure they didnt get a kicking for there good manners

How do you explain the ROI fans who, after their game in Bratislava last year described the (so-called) security in the same bar as "Gestapo", and advised: "Stay far away from the Dubliner Bar by far the biggest bunch of thugs i have ever come across in all my travels"  >:(

I don't know how far your exiile has taken you from Tyrone, but it sure as Hell hasn't been to eastern Europe, or you wouldn't come out with cretinous statements like that on the basis of zero knowledge or experience  >:(
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tyrone exile

Evil Genius

Quote from: tyrone exile on September 05, 2008, 11:16:04 PM
you speaking from experience?

I saw the police in Riga last year, beat up men, women and children indiscriminately - including Latvians - as they waded in like bloody Robocop to some NI fans who were merely having a drink in the sunshine.

As for Bratislava, here is an eye-witness account from 6.30 pm earlier today:

Hi everybody,
What has been an otherwise great day so far in Bratislava has in the last hour been tarnished by what I can only describe as a vicious act of barbarianism on a number of our boys by a local slovak hit squad. Myself and 6 mates having spent the day meandering the streets of bratislava enjoying beers and the unbelievable sunshine (not to mention the eye candy) found our way to the 'main square' at 5pm to meet the masses of GAWA in the bars and cafes in the area. After a photo shoot session by the fountain in the sunshine and everybody in good spirits we went into the 'Dubliner' pub. Within 5 minutes inside waiting to order drinks there appeared to be a bit of a kicking off outside the bar, everyone stopped to watch what was going on and then it became pretty ugly. To the best of my vision I could see nothing other than 6 - 8 VERY BIG local guys with baseball bats lay into a number of our boys, it looked totally unprovoked from where i was standing, one of our boys then threw a glass into their crowd and one of their guys who looked high on something then floored him and all hell broke loose. Their lot then entered the bar, which had a number of our fans inside all looking for a way out, the guy was smashing up things with his bat and I thought they were going to storm the bar, there was no way out and a number of younger members were terrified looking for an escape. It was pretty unpleasant and the local cops appeared disinterested. A number of GAWA have suffered pretty severe injuries I am sorry to report. We are now back in the hotel and contemplating the rest of the evening. Heres hoping we have a great result tomorrow.
Yours,
Chewy of the GAWA.

Here is another, 20 minutes later:

Or another one half an hour later:
"Was sitting outside the bar beside the Dubliner when the attack started. Was absolutely shocked to see the behieviour of these thugs with baseball bats. Up to this the day was perfect, I really hope this was just a one off and the rest of the trip is ok."

Or this one:
"As somebody who was sitting inches from where it all kicked off, the guys in question (Mafia according to the local plod) weighed in without any provocation and beat the sh*t out off anybody in sight, women kids it didnt matter. They weighed in with baseball bats, flick sticks and batons. A mate from Portydown took a hell off a beating, literally 12 weight lifter types jumping on his head and beat him with the bats. Two got took away in ambualnces and many others took a right pasting.
All this no singing nonsense is a lot off bull as the guys who we where with weren't even singing!!!\\
f**k the lot off em."

And after earlier seeming to blame the fans for "provoking" the attack by "singing"  :o, BBC NI is now changing its tune somewhat:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7601380.stm

"NI fans beaten by 'security men'

The men were attacked in a bar in Bratislava
There has been trouble ahead of Northern Ireland's World Cup qualifier in Slovakia.

It is understood two NI fans were knocked unconscious by a group of 12 men, thought to be from a security firm.

The fans were beaten with batons by the men in the Dubliner public house in Bratislava.

They were part of a contingent in the city for the Northern Ireland-Slovakia match to be played on Saturday.

Portadown Northern Ireland Supporters Club secretary Kyle Quinn said he witnessed the incident.

"I could see a couple of guys just lying prostrate on the ground and one guy in particular was lying over this guy who was obviously out cold," he said.

"These guys were just laying into them. There was one baseball bat and there was another fellow I saw with a white tee-shirt and a pink collar, he seem to get attacked with, I think, a knuckle-duster."

Btw, I'm going out there for the game myself, tomorrow morning.....

Over and Out
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tyrone exile

So what youre trying to tell me is that youre not speaking from experience, so i just cant justify your opinion that i need to get out more. i think you are very naive if you think that these lads got a kicking for nothing, just like the republic fans last year, im sure they had consumed a right bit of alcohol too. but sure they support "norn ireland" so they can do no wrong  ::)

imtommygunn

Exile it's not outside the realms of possibility that these boys did nothing or were only messing and got beaten to a pulp for it.

tyrone exile

I wasnt saying as fact that they done something to deserve it, but in reality the chances are they done something to upset the security men.

dodgy umpire

im no fan of the owc'ers but even if they were having a drink and a wee sing song its not excuse for what has taken place
The Boys in Red and Black are back