Giro d'Italia in Ireland 2014

Started by BennyCake, May 07, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Anyone know the exact routes of the three stages, or where I could find them?

Which of the well-known cyclists are taking part?

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on May 07, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

Armagh route goes out Loughgall Road, in again at Stonebridge, Richhill, Markethill, Tassagh, Keady, Newtownhamilton, Forkhill.

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Armagh route goes out Loughgall Road, in again at Stonebridge, Richhill, Markethill, Tassagh, Keady, Newtownhamilton, Forkhill.

Tony, that looks as though it's going through Loughgall village and out through Ballyhegan/Annahugh estates as well. Is that right?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on May 07, 2014, 11:12:05 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Tony, that looks as though it's going through Loughgall village and out through Ballyhegan/Annahugh estates as well. Is that right?
Aye through Loughgall and then Red Lion Road, Kilmore Road and straight across Stonebridge Roundabout into Richhill.

Eamonnca1

Jesus, that's close to home! Never thought I'd see such a high profile race on them roads!

trueblue1234

Was going to take the childer to W5 in Belfast this Saturday. Is the traffic likely to be much worse as a result of this in Belfast on Saturday? Don't fancy sitting half the day in traffic with our ones!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 08, 2014, 09:12:26 AM
Was going to take the childer to W5 in Belfast this Saturday. Is the traffic likely to be much worse as a result of this in Belfast on Saturday? Don't fancy sitting half the day in traffic with our ones!!

Probably best to go in the middle of the day
http://trafficwatchni.com/giro/saturday-10th-may-stage-2

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CD

Did my 8mile run up around Stormont this evening and it's all systems go up there in preparation for tomorrow. Lots of entertainment and food sellers setting up - huge screens mounted on the way up to parliament buildings and plenty of vibrant pink on show on the Upper Newtownards Road. Also loads of cyclists out and about obviously inspired by the Giro. Usually very few on the Greenway but it was busy today!
Hoping to get out in Ballyhackamore to watch the practice sessions in the morning and then see the real thing in the evening! Looks set to be a great event. Hope the weather holds!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

JimStynes

I haven't heard too many people complain about the Giro to be fair. Which is strange for Norn Iron!
They have really went to town promoting it as well! Hope the tour comes here in a few years time on the back of this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 08, 2014, 08:36:44 PM
I haven't heard too many people complain about the Giro to be fair. Which is strange for Norn Iron!
They have really went to town promoting it as well! Hope the tour comes here in a few years time on the back of this.

Weather to be shite but loads of people I know are gearing  :P up for it, plenty local pubs pulling out all stops for it, I'll be at my local (Bureau Bar) as it passes by it around 3.30pm. BBC coverage is at 2.00pm, thought they would have it from early on, maybe it's a red button job for full coverage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

What's happening in Armagh on Sunday? I take it the race starts from the mall?

Jeepers Creepers

Birds eye view of the finish line tomorrow for the time trail from the office. Day might be less than constructive ;D

Apparently so

Cyclists are knobs. Get the f**k outta my road

Anyhoo, what if someone rings a bomb threat in on the route? Will they have to cancel it or whats the craic?

Maguire01

Looking forward to it - hopefully the rain stays off. Still undecided about where to watch tomorrow - thinking outside Queen's.