Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: Gold on December 24, 2020, 08:41:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 24, 2020, 12:34:00 PM
Yeah I know that but I do think it helps. The likes of Kelly or niblock, and a few others, just had great ability with or without McRory. A factory line of McRory players would produce more third level players you would think.

Mate of mine told me there were 90 fellas in his sons year trying to make the 1st year football squad at St Colmans Newry

Some difference from our schools id say
And they're panicking over on the Down thread that Down schools have stopped winning things!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2020, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 27, 2020, 08:41:59 PM
didnt hear the detail

So what did you hear?
tjat the Gaelfast chief fell out with county officials and is gone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 27, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
didnt hear the detail

So what did you hear?

Life's not as black and white... you said he fell out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannslide

So how do the new restrictions affect clubs who are already gaining?

Can players still train in gyms as long as they're on their own and can they still do individual sessions on club pitches?

paddyjohn

Who is/was the Gaelfast chief?

imtommygunn

Paul Donnelly of St. Paul's I think?

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2020, 10:21:14 PM
didnt hear the detail

So what did you hear?

MR2, I always got the impression you're usually in the know about high level county matters.
What can you tell us about the Gaelfast rumours in recent posts.
I've not been a big fan of the scheme to date as I would like to see the milestone markers and plans to measure progress and gauge success  but its been too clandestine.
Nevertheless a change of the top guy takes us to  year 3 of the plan and is a backward step. This is a sad state of affairs and the GAA public deserve to know more. It looks embarrassing for Antrim Gaels if there has been a power struggle at the top

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 28, 2020, 11:59:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2020, 10:21:14 PM
didnt hear the detail

So what did you hear?

MR2, I always got the impression you're usually in the know about high level county matters.
What can you tell us about the Gaelfast rumours in recent posts.
I've not been a big fan of the scheme to date as I would like to see the milestone markers and plans to measure progress and gauge success  but its been too clandestine.
Nevertheless a change of the top guy takes us to  year 3 of the plan and is a backward step. This is a sad state of affairs and the GAA public deserve to know more. It looks embarrassing for Antrim Gaels if there has been a power struggle at the top

I know the dealings on this and wouldn't air it on a public forum.

Changes happen, the furlough has certainly taken the wind from the sails, it's like staring over and no doubt there has been issues that during that period Gaelfast couldn't do it's work, obviously due to Covid.

Whoever steps in I wish them well, always someone ready to knock them down when a role like this comes about. Not enough money in my opinion to do what's needed

bannside

Definitely nothing to be gained by airing this in public if you are a genuine Antrim Gael. Its obvious Covid had an imput...affecting this programme just like its affecting practically every other sector or way of life.

marty34

How many years is Gaelfast to run for?

JimStynes

Throwing money at the problems Antrim has certainly won't fix things but it would definitely help. But the money that was given for the GF project is nowhere near enough. It's only just scratching the surface. Would external men directly from Croke Park be a better option?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on December 29, 2020, 10:01:07 AM
Throwing money at the problems Antrim has certainly won't fix things but it would definitely help. But the money that was given for the GF project is nowhere near enough. It's only just scratching the surface. Would external men directly from Croke Park be a better option?

They are... the money is given, it has to be monitored by Croke Park, there would be a format that's being used, I'd assume a tried and tested one.

But the complexities of Belfast would require someone with on the ground knowledge? Would you be happy for a Croke Park manager to run things from Dublin? Or a qualified Belfast Gael who's experiencing in working sport development in the north?

The money is a pittance but better than what we've had before, if it's used wisely we'll continue to get more I'd assume..

Belfast GAA man

my Worry is that he saw no future in it as I think there is only 2 years fundign left.
I think it is obvious to get someone in to run it with experience on how Dublin have grown in last 10 years and more likely to be able to access the Euros

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 29, 2020, 01:38:19 PM
my Worry is that he saw no future in it as I think there is only 2 years fundign left.
I think it is obvious to get someone in to run it with experience on how Dublin have grown in last 10 years and more likely to be able to access the Euros

They have been running it. Do you think Croke Park would give that money without checks and balances? The Dublin blueprint no doubt was used, but this is Belfast, you are saying you want a Dub up to run it?

How much will that eat into the funds?

Any ideas as to who you would like in place?