Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: larryin89 on December 02, 2018, 02:11:40 AM
Mayo in absolute turmoil  . Horan hasn't a clue and lost all control

2:11am

Mayo Border

Smurfy123

The Mayo PR machine is well and throughly back. Singing in he streets of Castlebar or wherever it was. This manager knows how to play the game. PR MACHINE IS WHAT HE IS

Tubberman

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 23, 2018, 11:43:16 AM
The Mayo PR machine is well and throughly back. Singing in he streets of Castlebar or wherever it was. This manager knows how to play the game. PR MACHINE IS WHAT HE IS

Carol singing and raising money for charity. That devious bastard!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

larryin89

Ooops had a scoop of pinteeens re last post in here , apologies .

What I meant to say was I suspect horan has written off 2019 as rebuilding exercise ,my suspicion comes from the trials held and a little talk I hear from time to time . Perhaps he's right to do so but is it fair on some of the lads who are most likely playing in their last year ? I'm sure I'm not the only one to hear theres a little discontent with a few veterans shall we say.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on December 24, 2018, 05:35:37 PM

What I meant to say was I suspect horan has written off 2019 as rebuilding exercise ,my suspicion comes from the trials held and a little talk I hear from time to time . Perhaps he's right to do so but is it fair on some of the lads who are most likely playing in their last year ? I'm sure I'm not the only one to hear theres a little discontent with a few veterans shall we say.

Getting the excuses in for the flippity flop early I see.

Lar Naparka

Arrah, musha I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I'd hear in a pub, especially after closing time. Half it it won't be true and the rest is damn lies! ;D
In my local, I heard someone say that Horan wouldn't have forsaken all his handy money from Sky and anyone else prepared to pay him if he didn't think there wasn't an All Ireland in this team still.  ASAIK, there's not a single defection from the ranks yet and I don't expect any.
I couldn't see any of them prepared to horse through another year just to help some young ladeens along. I'd change my local, Larry if I were you. The porter there can't be good for you!

Anyway, Nollaig shona dhaoibh go léir everybody. Here's to the New Year- onward and upward and keep the faith|!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on December 24, 2018, 05:41:38 PM

Hardly , I'm sure they will still be competitive in Connacht with a home clash v Ros likely in semi ,they will fancy their chances at getting a crack at Galway . You'd have to imagine that's as far as it will go though . We've seen the last few years it takes most 20year old s three to four years to come through right and if we are going wholesale change route with the likes of Higgins , boyler seamie and Andy etc just there to guide them along in 19 there is no way we will be competing in super 8s , novice participants gaining experience in super 8 at best . That's just realism and pretty optimistic at that .

Orchard park

Doesn't take con Callaghan, Brian Howard, Eoin murchan that length, albeit coming into a way stronger team

larryin89

Quote from: Orchard park on December 24, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Doesn't take con Callaghan, Brian Howard, Eoin murchan that length, albeit coming into a way stronger team

Way stronger team granted and don't have to worry about the constant logistical nighymares that come with playing for a county where you're not based most of the year or all year round .

stephenite

Excuses for what? It's an ageing team, with essentially a new manager.

Syferus

Quote from: stephenite on December 25, 2018, 01:52:04 AM

When an aging team and a hurling manager meet who wins, Stephenite? :o

stephenite

Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2018, 02:24:14 AM

Won't be Mayo. So Galway or Ros?

Syferus

Quote from: stephenite on December 25, 2018, 03:16:22 AM

Stephenite, if Roscommon win in McHale in the championship (and the league too while I'm at it), I couldn't give a damn if we flame out immediately. No one but Dublin is winning the AI so all that's to play for is bragging rights.

stephenite

Quote from: Syferus on December 25, 2018, 03:39:28 AM
Quote from: stephenite on December 25, 2018, 03:16:22 AM

Stephenite, if Roscommon win in McHale in the championship (and the league too while I'm at it), I couldn't give a damn if we flame out immediately. No one but Dublin is winning the AI so all that's to play for is bragging rights.0

I'm a tad confused, are you now the one getting your excuses in early?