Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

I enjoy the podcasts and while I doubt myself and Colm would ever be best pals if we knew each other he does an alright job. Better than OTB by a mile anyway. I've no reason to think this was intentional.

As for Eddie being critical of the county board, what's the big deal, we've all said the same thing probably and you know what he said is in part true of a lot of county boards. Things in Meath have gotten better in recent years but there where times when our county board made the 3 stooges look like Mensa.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MoChara

GAA Hour host Parkinson issues apology to Eddie Brennan and Laois GAA

Colm Parkinson has issued an apology to Eddie Brennan and Laois GAA over the 'off the record conversation' that found its way onto the airwaves earlier this week.

Laois hurling manager Eddie Brennan had been a guest on the GAA Hour podcast on Joe.ie with host Colm Parkinson but an off the record chat accidentally found its way onto the podcast.

It was deleted in the aftermath but the conversation spread like wildfire on Whats App where Brennan was critical of the County Board.

Speaking on his podcast this evening, Parkinson, a former Laois and Portlaoise Gaelic footballer, added;

"I want to apologise publicly to Eddie Brennan.

"I have apologised to him many times in private since the show made that terrible mistake on Monday.

"I have done hundreds of interviews on the show over the last four and a half years and nothing like that has ever happened before.

"Managers and players know that when they come on the show they will be treated with respect and that didn't happen on Monday and we have to take responsibility for that.

"I also want to apologise to the Laois County Board. The idea that Laois GAA has been put in the spotlight all this week because of a mistake made on my show makes me sick to my stomach if I'm being honest.

"Eddie Brennan is a brilliant manager and he is clearly a player's manager and Laois GAA are very, very lucky to have him."

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/588553/gaa-hour-host-parkinson-issues-apology-to-eddie-brennan-and-laois-gaa.html

Taylor

Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2020, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2020, 05:48:31 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 02:16:01 PM
Quote from: Westside on November 12, 2020, 01:39:05 PM
Parkinson is not a sound engineer he's a podcaster and public health expert. Ridiculous he's getting the flak for this error.

Podcaster?
He calls himself presenter/producer & researcher.

Deserves everything coming his way.

Public health expert  ;D

Why does he deserve everything coming his way? Because he annoys you a bit or because someone leaked that to the public? I don't get the hate about him. He's a bit of a tube but he seems good enough craic on the show and doesn't take himself too serious either. The GAA hour is by far the best GAA podcast going. There's plenty of podcasters like that I don't like so I don't listen anymore.
probably because he's not on the Covid mass lockdown side . The hurling show is very good I enjoy Carroll and cheddar and nice to hear some opinions from the smaller counties.

;D ;D

You think people dont like him because he isnt on Covid mass lockdown side?!?!

You can see many comments here and none refer to Covid.

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on November 12, 2020, 09:35:56 PM
Ooohhh he has an opinion that isn't mainstream.

Ooohhhh he's edgy

Ooohhh he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Blah blah blah. The same shite people spout about Joe Rogan or Barstool Sports.

That's the reasoning people don't like him. Nothing to do with being a twat  ::)

It's amazing how people get so worked up and annoyed about someone or something they can easily ignored. Don't like him don't follow or listen to his podcast. It really is that simple ya know?

gallsman

Quote from: square_ball on November 13, 2020, 10:20:10 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 12, 2020, 09:35:56 PM
Ooohhh he has an opinion that isn't mainstream.

Ooohhhh he's edgy

Ooohhh he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Blah blah blah. The same shite people spout about Joe Rogan or Barstool Sports.

That's the reasoning people don't like him. Nothing to do with being a twat  ::)

It's amazing how people get so worked up and annoyed about someone or something they can easily ignored. Don't like him don't follow or listen to his podcast. It really is that simple ya know?

I'm not worked up about him in the slightest, I don't listen to him and I don't follow him on social media. I just think he's a gobshite.

I'm laughing at the way people throw out the allegation that someone is disliked for the mere crime of thinking outside the mainstream or speaking their mind rather than it simply being because someone's an arsehole. Loads of gobshites speak their minds and have edgy opinions. That doesn't in itself prevent them from being arseholes. Ironically, the sort of brain dead moron who thinks it does tends to be someone completely incapable of thinking for themselves.

Shamrock Shore

Eddie Brennan has resigned as Laois manager.

His position was untenable after Parkinson's crew's hatchet job.

Joeythelips

Best hurling manager Laois have had in a long time imo, dreadful way for him to leave really after that nonsense with the podcast. Laois lose will be someone else's gain and if he could get that level of performance out of Laois imagine if he took over the Dubs.

Im no real fan of Parkinson but his podcast was generally pretty decent to be fair to him, the cynic in me thinks they may have done it to boost listenership as it is a bit convenient that something like this has never happened before but now when it does happen it is something as controversial as this that gets released. It did go viral get publicity which is the Joe.ie  business model where clicks are currency. But we can only take his word for it.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 24, 2020, 01:39:27 PM

Did Joe.ie (or sports joe) even mention that he had left? Surely notable for a sports 'news' organisation
Hasta la victoria siempre

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 24, 2020, 01:39:27 PM

Was it a resignation, as 2 years had finished?
I listened to a podcast interview between Brennan and Parkinson  the other day and I didn't get that vibe between them.

Dinny Breen

Eddie going to volunteer harder for Cuala!!
#newbridgeornowhere

sid waddell

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 03, 2020, 09:59:58 PM
Just like Jack O'Connor is volunteering for Kildare

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Dinny Breen

Quote from: sid waddell on December 03, 2020, 11:11:09 PM

Jack's volunteering is not good enough, he needs to volunteer harder. Disgraceful volunteering, he really needs to step up.
#newbridgeornowhere

macdanger2

You know one of those teams is a county, the other's a club, right?

sid waddell

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 04, 2020, 01:16:26 PM

You know one of those teams is a county, the other's a club, right?

And?