NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on October 18, 2020, 08:04:04 PM
Is it safe to assume if Armagh beat Clare next week they get promoted?

Unless Westmeath won by 20 odd

keeperlit

Never safe to assume anything with Armagh!!🙈🙈

weareros

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 18, 2020, 08:06:59 PM

If Roscommon win, and Armagh and Westmeath are both on 9, then it is head to head, not scoring difference.

Scratch that - they drew, so scoring diff.

Laoiseabu

Don't let that result last night fool anyone , Roscommon are SCUTTER .

illdecide

Quote from: weareros on October 18, 2020, 08:16:03 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 18, 2020, 08:06:59 PM

If Roscommon win, and Armagh and Westmeath are both on 9, then it is head to head, not scoring difference.

Scratch that - they drew, so scoring diff.

Yes i know but the drew did they not so goes to pts/goal difference
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: keeperlit on October 18, 2020, 08:13:46 PM
Never safe to assume anything with Armagh!!🙈🙈

lol...I know only to well, been following them long enough to know if there's a hard way of doing something they'll find it

weareros

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 18, 2020, 08:27:37 PM

We know where we stand. We go up to Div 1 and we get sent back down to Div 2. We go back to Div 2 and back up to Div 1 again. Hopefully we stay a few years this time. But I would take another Connacht championship first. Mind you, the Plain of the Yews sent out a big warning today. But we live in hope.

armaghniac

Quote from: weareros on October 18, 2020, 10:16:12 PM

We know where we stand. We go up to Div 1 and we get sent back down to Div 2. We go back to Div 2 and back up to Div 1 again. Hopefully we stay a few years this time. But I would take another Connacht championship first. Mind you, the Plain of the Yews sent out a big warning today. But we live in hope.

Roscommon might be able to stay in Div 1, the likes of Armagh, Cavan, or Westmeath will not realistically be able to do so.
Mayo have certainly come out of the break in good shape.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2020, 12:24:14 AM

Roscommon might be able to stay in Div 1, the likes of Armagh, Cavan, or Westmeath will not realistically be able to do so.

Roscommon usually win Connacht after relegation.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 19, 2020, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2020, 12:24:14 AM

Roscommon usually win Connacht after relegation.

Last three Connacht titles were won off the back of league relegations.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Will Armagh blow their chance this weekend? I'm always the fan of playing at the highest level possible so i want them to get promotion but we need to do something with our defence. Mark tighter and FFS stop fouling. The good thing is everyone has something to play for (except Fermanagh) so games should be competitive. The game for Armagh last week should have brought them on a bit from their few weeks of no preparation due to Covid-19.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: illdecide on October 20, 2020, 12:55:21 PM
Will Armagh blow their chance this weekend? I'm always the fan of playing at the highest level possible so i want them to get promotion but we need to do something with our defence. Mark tighter and FFS stop fouling. The good thing is everyone has something to play for (except Fermanagh) so games should be competitive. The game for Armagh last week should have brought them on a bit from their few weeks of no preparation due to Covid-19.

Shouldn't but you never know with Armagh. Tipperary game in 2017 a prime example of the that.

Clare was less than convincing in beating an understrength Fermanagh. As you said that game at the weekend should have brought them on a bit against a side that will be played division 1 football last year and will likely top the division two table.

Armamike

How long have we been saying that? :(

Would love to see us get promoted. It's been too long since we've played in div 1.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

tonto1888

Experience says we will. Even if we are ten up with a few minutes to go it won't be certain. Hopefully lessons will be learned from last week. Though how long have we been saying that. Anyway, I remain optimistic. Maybe